Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Bengals DE Jonathan Fanene charged with eight felonies, five misdemeanors
(06-07-2019, 04:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The saddest part is he made his young son an accessory. The wife sounds like a scrapper; got the club and pipe away from his punk ass.

Possible early CTE? Or just snapped. Sad story.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 04:11 PM)jason Wrote: I actually  know a guy that was convicted  on similar  charges... Obviously  he isn't a former  NFL player, nor is he wealthy. He did 9 months  in prison.

The guy who kicked my face in one night at a convenience store and nearly killed me only got two paltry years for his crime.. The Dayton police weren't going to bother investigating until I told the detective, "Do me and my son have to go find this guy and drag him to police headquarters for you?"
Cop: "Are you trying to say I'm not doing my job?"
Me: "Of course not, but if I have to go find him every newspaper and TV news station in town is going to know about you."
He was in custody the next day..  True story..  I still have steel plates in my face from the episode.. It often triggers metal detectors.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 07:19 PM)grampahol Wrote: The guy who kicked my face in one night at a convenience store and nearly killed me only got two paltry years for his crime.. The Dayton police weren't going to bother investigating until I told the detective, "Do me and my son have to go find this guy and drag him to police headquarters for you?"
Cop: "Are you trying to say I'm not doing my job?"
Me: "Of course not, but if I have to go find him every newspaper and TV news station in town is going to know about you."
He was in custody the next day..  True story..  I still have steel plates in my face from the episode.. It often triggers metal detectors.. 

Damn... The incident I was talking about happened in Dayton too. 3 years ago when I was at work a bunch of teenage kids were beating the hell outta a junkie on my street. There were only women, children, and elderly people around. The whole thing got way out of hand with the guy trying to run into people's houses. Dayton police showed up 4 hours later.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Too lazy to read the entire article..:giggle:..... he attacked his sister and wife? Stop was he having an affair with his sister? Hehewhat in the world is going on?!?!?!?!    Hmm  
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 05:47 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: Possible early CTE? Or just snapped. Sad story.

That's what I was thinking. I know people don't want to believe CTE is real, but there's too many stories of dude's just suddenly snapping after their playing days and doing really off the wall stuff. Did Fanene have any troubles while he was in stripes? I don't recall any.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The article in the OP says his abusive behavior dates back to 2009. It certainly wasn't publicized if that's true.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
What a piece of shit. I used to like him and his high motor as a super sub. Might as well have never played for us as far as I'm concerned.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 03:36 PM)depthchart Wrote: He already had a pipe, broom stick and an extension cord, so he had the beginnings to start MacGyvering himself up an electric sports car.  Tongue

Sounds like shit in a game of Clue.

(06-07-2019, 03:57 PM)GodFather Wrote: When the press asked Marvin Lewis, Fanene's former head coach about the incident he replied:
"We've got to get better'

Damn clever.

(06-07-2019, 05:47 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: Possible early CTE? Or just snapped. Sad story.

This is quite possible and probably an angle a good attorney might use. 
(06-08-2019, 01:03 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's what I was thinking. I know people don't want to believe CTE is real, but there's too many stories of dude's just suddenly snapping after their playing days and doing really off the wall stuff. Did Fanene have any troubles while he was in stripes? I don't recall any.

Could have been what the Patriots released him for, or probably not. I think I read where it's really undetected until death. I could be wrong tho.
(06-08-2019, 12:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: What a piece of shit. I used to like him and his high motor as a super sub. Might as well have never played for us as far as I'm concerned.

I think most of us feel angered about it and yes, very disgusting. But if it was CTE, was he knowledgeable or even able to control his thoughts of aggression? Beleive me, it doesnt make it right in my eyes or even the slightest ok, but the question is there. What if it is a side effect of steroids? Either way, he needs to do time and get help. The whole family needs help.

Reply/Quote
I don't think he had any issues or arrests while he was with us. I have to wonder if CTE plays a part, as mentioned above.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 02:54 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't think he had any issues or arrests while he was with us.  I have to wonder if CTE plays a part, as mentioned above.

Hard to tell? But sure that's how it's going to be defended. I mean, how else could you defend a case? If he has issues since 2009 and it escalated from there, that's very interesting to say the least. Yet also impossible to rule out the possibility that he's an asshole scumbag coward. Regardless of what comes of this, I will always have doubts. How couldn't a person?

Reply/Quote
Hope he gets anally raped in jail.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 04:03 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Hope he gets anally raped in jail.

Damn!

Reply/Quote
Electric cord version of the "Whip Fanene".
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 02:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Could have been what the Patriots released him for, or probably not. I think I read where it's really undetected until death. I could be wrong tho.

(06-08-2019, 03:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hard to tell? But sure that's how it's going to be defended. I mean, how else could you defend a case? If he has issues since 2009 and it escalated from there, that's very interesting to say the least. Yet also impossible to rule out the possibility that he's an asshole scumbag coward. Regardless of what comes of this, I will always have doubts. How couldn't a person?

You're right. As far as I know, it can't be detected until death, and many have used it as a defense. I do think it's a very real issue, but that doesn't mean that every case like this = CTE.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 04:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Electric cord version of the "Whip Fanene".

Your doing the Stanky Leg.

Reply/Quote
For those who don't know what Fred is talking about?

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 03:57 PM)GodFather Wrote: When the press asked Marvin Lewis, Fanene's former head coach about the incident he replied:
"We've got to get better'

Fanene is responsible for himself and his own condition and actions. It's interesting how many times such responsibility gets put off onto someone or something else, and each time it is put off on someone else it only encourages more such actions by others.

Reply/Quote
CTE usually happens to players that play in space and are involved in collisions. Dude was a D-lineman.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 08:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: CTE usually happens to players that play in space and are involved in collisions. Dude was a D-lineman.

Of 52 players confirmed to have CTE post-mortem, 17 were linemen:

Mike Webster
Forrest Blue
Dan Colchico
Louis Creekmur
Shane Dronett
Pete Duranko
Gerald Huth
Thomas Keating
Terry Long
Tom McHale
Joe O'Malley
Mike Pyle
Bubba Smith
Justin Strzelczyk
Daniel Te'o-Nesheim
Ralph Wenzel
John Wilbur

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_players_with_chronic_traumatic_encephalopathy
Reply/Quote