Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Bengals in the XFL
Not sure where to stick this but saw a few former Bengals had landed in the XFL after the official draft took place.

Will Clarke with the Arlington Renegades

Pooka Williams with the DC Defenders (better name then Commanders FYI)

Jacques Patrick with the San Antonio Brahmas

Damion Willis with the Seattle Sea Dragons

Jordan Evans with the Seattle Sea Dragons

AJ McCarron with the St. Louis Battlehawks

Brian Hill with the St. Louis Battlehawks

P.J. Dawson with the Vegas Vipers

Can find all the teams and players here:

https://www.espn.com/xfl/story/_/id/35053464/xfl-draft-results-2023-full-rosters-eight-teams-vic-beasley-martavis-bryant-picks

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pooka could have a good opportunity to showcase some skills for the NFL

Good to see Marquette King punting again

Aj McCarron and Jordan Thomas is a noteworthy duo. Thomas was supposed to be so much better than he was.

Martavious Bryant back in the sport is fun.

Hopefully this iteration of the XFL stays around for a long time. I’d love to have more PJ WALKER stories
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 08:42 PM)Housh Wrote: Pooka could have a good opportunity to showcase some skills for the NFL

Good to see Marquette King punting again

Aj McCarron and Jordan Thomas is a noteworthy duo. Thomas was supposed to be so much better than he was.

Martavious Bryant back in the sport is fun.

Hopefully this iteration of the XFL stays around for a long time. I’d love to have more PJ WALKER stories

Sad to see AJ playing in the XFL after he led us to (what should have been) our first playoff victory in over twenty years. F Jeremy Hill. I'm not bitter anymore because of last year's success but I still hate him.

I guess AJ is kind of old now (by football standards), so playing there isn't too bad. At least he's still doing what he loves.
Reply/Quote
Want to wish AJ McCarron good luck

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 08:31 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not sure where to stick this but saw a few former Bengals had landed in the XFL after the official draft took place.

https://www.espn.com/xfl/story/_/id/35053464/xfl-draft-results-2023-full-rosters-eight-teams-vic-beasley-martavis-bryant-picks

Drew Plitt-Arlington Renegades
Delonte Hill-Arlington Renegades
Abu Daramy-Swaray-Arlington Renegades
Eric Dungey-DC Defenders
Desmond Noel-Houston Roughnecks0

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
AJ McCarron playing in the XFL and Andy Dalton is still starting in the NFL. Man, go back a few years and some people on this board would explode at the possibility.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 09:40 PM)Destro Wrote: AJ McCarron playing in the XFL and Andy Dalton is still starting in the NFL. Man, go back a few years and some people on this board would explode at the possibility.

Yet, much lesser amount of explosions that would occur when told Andy didn't win all the Super Bowlz once he got a "good oline". 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 08:31 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not sure where to stick this but saw a few former Bengals had landed in the XFL after the official draft took place.

We all get a few draft choices right and a few wrong, but I was way wrong on Will Clarke. I loved that dude coming out of WVU. In my defense I will say I wasn't a fan of Paul Dawson when alot around here loved him

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 09:11 PM)pally Wrote: Drew Plitt-Arlington Renegades
Delonte Hill-Arlington Renegades
Abu Daramy-Swaray-Arlington Renegades
Eric Dungey-DC Defenders
Desmond Noel-Houston Roughnecks0

Thanks pally, I did a quick run through and was sure I missed a few.

As others said above Pooka has a chance to really shine in this league I think.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We all get a few draft choices right and a few wrong, but I was way wrong on Will Clarke. I loved that dude coming out of WVU. In my defense I will say I wasn't a fan of Paul Dawson when alot around here loved him

Don't feel bad, I was the exact opposite. Didn't think too much of Clarke but had high hopes for Dawson.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 09:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yet, much lesser amount of explosions that would occur when told Andy didn't win all the Super Bowlz once he got a "good oline". 

Super Bowl? 12 years in and he’s still seeking that elusive first playoff win…

#Marvin’sfault Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 10:22 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Thanks pally, I did a quick run through and was sure I missed a few.

Jim Hasslet- HC Seattle

The Hayes Brothers- Coordinators in Arlington

Bruce Gradkowski- OC in ST Louis

If you're looking for a team to hate Hines Ward is HC and Joey Porter is LB coach in San Antonio

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 09:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yet, much lesser amount of explosions that would occur when told Andy didn't win all the Super Bowlz once he got a "good oline". 

He has had a good O-line? Hell, Burrow might have won a Super Bowl with a good O-line.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 10:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jim Hasslet- HC Seattle

If you're looking for a team to hate Hines Ward is HC and Joey Porter is LB coach in San Antonio

And I mean this from the absolute bottom of my heart.

[Image: ****-em.gif]

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 09:40 PM)Destro Wrote: AJ McCarron playing in the XFL and Andy Dalton is still starting in the NFL. Man, go back a few years and some people on this board would explode at the possibility.

After PJ Walker and my Houston Roughnecks got cheated out of our championship by covid, this year will be our year! McCarron can do his best.

Rock On

Ninja
Reply/Quote

Agree and would've  exploded. 

There were a lot of AJ lovers on here, I was on board with many others to trade him a year or two before his contract expired when he had worth. 

Many of good arguments over that topic though, good times.

Yet everybody agreed AJ's wife was hot, especially Brent Musberger. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 10:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jim Hasslet- HC Seattle

Liked the Jay Hayes personally, but that opinion was split on the board as well. 

But he's out of the league now too. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2022, 01:34 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree and would've  exploded. 

There were a lot of AJ lovers on here, I was on board with many others to trade him a year or two before his contract expired when he had worth. 

Many of good arguments over that topic though, good times.

Yet everybody agreed AJ's wife was hot, especially Brent Musberger. 

Yeah ole Brent got his hand slapped over that one.  Can't blame him though, we all have weaknesses.
Reply/Quote
Wow. PJ Dawson is a name I forgot.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We all get a few draft choices right and a few wrong, but I was way wrong on Will Clarke. I loved that dude coming out of WVU. In my defense I will say I wasn't a fan of Paul Dawson when alot around here loved him

(11-18-2022, 10:24 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Don't feel bad, I was the exact opposite. Didn't think too much of Clarke but had high hopes for Dawson.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, but Clarke was a great role player for us and if he got more PT, would've showed his worth.

His only year with extended PT (because we were stacked at DE), he had 4 sacks and 4 TFL in 1/3 of the defensive snaps.

Some guys don't get the push for reasons: Clarke's was because the starters were too good.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote