Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former athletes. Who actually wore a cup?
I played all kinds of sports for years and never wore a protective cup. I wore a jock strap to keep my stuff tucked away, but never a cup.

I might have done it if I played catcher in baseball, but that is about it.
Reply/Quote
In football, I never wore a cup.  But I was a catcher in little league and junior high baseball and I learned the hard way early on that wearing a cup was essential.  But then whenever I came up to bat, I noticed all the girls looking at my package.  I still wear a cup today. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Never did after I head first slid into home and landed hard on my cup. The pain caused by the rim of the cup pressing the periphery of my junk was real.
Reply/Quote
I used one in baseball, but not in football. When I played basketball I just tied it down so it wouldn't hang out my shorts. Ninja
Reply/Quote
Only wore one when I caught, or played the hot corner....you never know what will happen at third.  I never wore one in football, although after a cleating I took at the bottom of a scrum, I seriously contemplated it. LMAO

I used the compression shorts, much more comfortable than a jock strap.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I wore one during part of my freshman year in football. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
in karate yes and maybe football its been a long time and i dont remember but assume i did.
Reply/Quote
Weird thread, btw.
Reply/Quote
Every female athelete past A size lol
Reply/Quote
I still wear one to this day. My wife likes to target my private area with a kick when I piss her off. Ninja

P.S. My cup is extra large, and barely contains it's occupant. Just so you guys....know. Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Played high school football, hockey and lacrosse, and college lacrosse. Got away without one in football, but learned real quick they were essential in hockey and lacrosse. That hard little lacrosse ball does some serious damage when shot around 60-90 mph. One of my best friends was a defenseman in lacrosse and got in front of a shot. Took it directly on one of his balls. The ball swelled up to the size of a large lemon. They debated whether or not to surgically remove it. Ultimately decided to leave it, but my friend was laid up in bed for about a week with that swollen nut. He said it was the most excruciating pain he had ever felt, and it was a continuous throbbing pain for about the first 3 days before subsiding. Always wore me a cup after that.
Reply/Quote
I wore one, when I played football and street hockey.

I was an offensive/defensive tackle, so I didn't have to run that far.
I also played rather......"emotionally" sooooo... yeah... I got into guys heads and they'd cheap shot me.

I played goalie in street hockey, so the cup was a must.

Now I keep one in my car, with a set of lead filled gloves.
You never know when you're going to get into some nasty business.
Reply/Quote
Only used a cup when I played catcher in baseball. Never used one in football, I hated running in those things, they were a pain.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I forgot. We had to wear cups in peewee football. The trainer would come around and we'd have to knock on it so he could hear it. No cup, no play.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:36 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Only wore one when I caught, or played the hot corner....you never know what will happen at third.  I never wore one in football, although after a cleating I took at the bottom of a scrum, I seriously contemplated it. LMAO

I used the compression shorts, much more comfortable than a jock strap.

Yeah, was about to say that one came in handy playing third. Though I remember in JV one practice where our SS fielded two in a row to the nuts. The coach was just hitting grounders our and they both hit the same spot and took a bounce that took them off course at the last second.
Reply/Quote
Not what I expected the thread to be.

I figured Fred would post an in-game picture of a retired pro athlete's crotch and we'd have to determine if he was wearing a cup.

Apparently Fred can throw a curve ball...

(I wonder if he was wearing a cup at the time?)
Reply/Quote
Wore one when I started playing but eventually ditched it. Used a jock still. That was a must.
Reply/Quote
due to the random cup checks in the dugout by teammates, I always wore one.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 04:42 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: P.S.  My cup is extra large, and barely contains it's occupant.  Just so you guys....know.   Hilarious

You're probably wearing it upside-down.  Just so you know.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
I didn't and I played football for 12 years. Probably should have in hindsight. Cups always felt super uncomfortable for me and being primarily an Olineman I wasn't put in many situations where I could take a knee or foot to the nuts.
Reply/Quote