Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former players get thrown under the bus here for talking out against the franchise
Yet, we constantly see the franchise continue to make the same mistakes. Carlos Dunlap played here ten years yet becomes persona non grata for complaining when it dawns on him that his last few good years have been wasted because the franchise couldn’t decide a direction with Marvin Lewis.

Is this actually an issue with ego? Who are we protecting?
Reply/Quote
They need traded/released sooner. They probably could have netted a 2nd if they traded him like 2 years ago.

This franchise has always been really slow at making major decisions. They need to be pro active
Reply/Quote
I Agree. People that actually took the field and took the hits have payed their dues and earned the right to comment on The Bengals. One early Bengal Pro Bowler who caught grief from the fans was Bob Trumpy for his comments about Bengals on local radio and National TV. Mostly how tight with a buck Mike Brown is. Collinsworth followed with comments on local radio and National TV. Boomer Esiason lets his opinions of Bengals be known on National TV. Chad Johnson voiced opinions of Bengals on National TV. Carson Palmer has made his opinions of Bengals known from time to time. Bengals announcer ex players Anthony Munoz, Dave Lapham point out things they don't like if team quits during a game. I'm not talking short career head cases here. I'm talking player who played a long time for Bengals and were Pro Bowl players. They root for the Bengals, and are Bengals Legends, but they will point out problems with their team also.

Some fans want everything sugar coated, but I respect a lot of the inside opinions Trumpy, Collinsworth, Esiason, Johnson, Palmer. Munoz, Lapham and others have to offer. Not the head cases always suspended. When Trumpy, Collinsworth, Boomer, Palmer, Munoz, Lapham talk Bengals, I listen, because they can see who is going all out and who is isn't. As a Bengal Fan since 1968, I respect the input of Bengals who have earned fans respect, and they do root for the Bengals, but they still take losing hard and will point out why Bengals are losing, which fans may not want to hear without the sugar coating.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2021, 04:54 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: They need traded/released sooner. They probably could have netted a 2nd if they traded him like 2 years ago.

This franchise has always been really slow at making major decisions. They need to be pro active

This. They are always a couple years too late in making the good decisions. Have been for years and always seem to realize it a
year or two later. Then they make the right decision lol
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2021, 05:00 PM)kevin Wrote: I Agree. People that actually took the field and took the hits have payed their dues and earned the right to comment on The Bengals. One early Bengal Pro Bowler who caught grief from the fans was Bob Trumpy for his comments about Bengals on local radio and National TV. Mostly how tight with a buck Mike Brown is. Collinsworth followed with comments on local radio and National TV. Boomer Esiason lets his opinions of Bengals be known on National TV. Chad Johnson voiced opinions of Bengals on National TV. Carson Palmer has made his opinions of Bengals known from time to time. Bengals announcer ex players Anthony Munoz, Dave Lapham point out things they don't like if team quits during a game. I'm not talking short career head cases here. I'm talking player who played a long time for Bengals and were Pro Bowl players. They root for the Bengals, and are Bengals Legends, but they will point out problems with their team also.

Some fans want everything sugar coated, but I respect a lot of the inside opinions Trumpy, Collinsworth, Esiason, Johnson, Palmer. Munoz, Lapham and others have to offer. Not the head cases always suspended. When Trumpy, Collinsworth, Boomer, Palmer, Munoz, Lapham talk Bengals, I listen, because they can see who is going all out and who is isn't. As a Bengal Fan since 1968, I respect the input of Bengals who have earned fans respect, and they do root for the Bengals, but they still take losing hard and will point out why Bengals are losing, which fans may not want to hear without the sugar coating.

Can’t sugar coat a turd. And that mostly sums up mikeys reign of terror as steward of this team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If it walks like a duck...
Reply/Quote
If ex players are being critical of the organization like Mike not spending money or not upgrades to the things they need and use every day it’s perfectly fine.

What Dunlop did was cry like a ***** when he decided to not play hard and was outplayed. Big difference
Reply/Quote
Millennials
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2021, 06:09 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote:
Can’t sugar coat a turd.  
And that mostly sums up mikeys reign of terror as steward of this team

You may not be able to sugar coat it, but deep frying might work.  Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
bu..bu..bu... but I thought Mike is semi-retired.... shouldn't we blame the heiress??
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 10:10 AM)ochocincos Wrote: You may not be able to sugar coat it, but deep frying might work.  Hilarious

Lol. You can deep fry a turd I suppose. But it’s still a turd!

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2021, 04:28 PM)willieFANderson Wrote: Yet, we constantly see the franchise continue to make the same mistakes. Carlos Dunlap played here ten years yet becomes persona non grata for complaining when it dawns on him that his last few good years have been wasted because the franchise couldn’t decide a direction with Marvin Lewis.

For me, Carlos became Persona non grata not because he complained, but because he put forth very little effort last year. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2021, 04:28 PM)willieFANderson Wrote: Yet, we constantly see the franchise continue to make the same mistakes. Carlos Dunlap played here ten years yet becomes persona non grata for complaining when it dawns on him that his last few good years have been wasted because the franchise couldn’t decide a direction with Marvin Lewis.

Pretty much. He gets totally misused by Taylor/Anarumo, calls out their retardation and then some people act like he never gave it his all. It's not Carlos' fault Anarumo doesn't know what a blitz package is or how zone coverage works.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 05:00 PM)Older Than You Too Wrote: Pretty much. He gets totally misused by Taylor/Anarumo, calls out their retardation and then some people act like he never gave it his all. It's not Carlos' fault Anarumo doesn't know what a blitz package is or how zone coverage works.

Complete horseshit. He was drama queen and put very little effort into his job.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 09:13 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Complete horseshit. He was drama queen and put very little effort into his job.
Possibly the dumbest post I've ever seen on this forum, which is saying something.

Edit: Stats and actually watching the games proves you are wrong. Funny how nobody said anything about Dunlap's effort before last year after he left. Funny how nobody can show any video evidence of him taking plays off.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2021, 11:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Millennials

Mike Brown has completely ruined the silent generation for me, as well. 
Reply/Quote