Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former steelers suing the team
http://m.hawaiinewsnow.com/hawaiinewsnow/db_330510/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=Ood0kOkv

Team shot him up with torodol and never told him. Ended up costing his brother his career as well since he had to leave the Ravens to give his brother a kidney.

Won't let me paste it but it's a sad state of affairs and dovetails perfectly with my assertion that the steelers medical staff circumvents other things like the concussion protocol enforcement. Guess it's play for the steelers at any cost.
Reply/Quote
According to the story, they never told him the long term effects of repeated toradol use.

How many here believe that, assuming he isn't lying, he would have taken the shots if they told him there was only a 1.1% chance of acute renal failure? Considering the OP believes athletes will take hormone blockers and live as women for years and years just to compete in the Olympics, I'm going to suggest he also believes that an NFL player would take a non-steroidal pain relief medication if there was a 98.9% chance it wouldn't cause issues and allow his career to continue.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, don't they get paid enough? He should have just chosen not to play football, he knew that in football there is always the chance for career ending injuries. It was also the dude's choice to give his brother a kidney.
Reply/Quote
The player is responsible for his own decisions. But even so the team should have made it clear all the side effects. Torodol is used a lot on the NFL. I remember listening to a CBS podcast where brady Quinn said some teams really lay out all the information before giving it out and others just give it out.

Hard to make a decision when you aren't told all the possibilities they know.
Reply/Quote
BmorePat Wrote:According to the story, they never told him the long term effects of repeated toradol use.

How many here believe that, assuming he isn't lying, he would have taken the shots if they told him there was only a 1.1% chance of acute renal failure? [b]Considering the OP believes athletes will take hormone blockers and live as women for years and years just to compete in the Olympics, [/b{I'm going to suggest he also believes that an NFL player would take a non-steroidal pain relief medication if there was a 98.9% chance it wouldn't cause issues and allow his career to continue.

when did 12 months become years? And they don't have to actually live as a woman just lower a stat. Obviously you are on some transgender soapbox here (not sure why since it's about torodol use) .... I know it's hard anto stay on Topic but please try. We had a thread already on this topic in PnR.
Reply/Quote
Y
(01-24-2016, 01:01 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: when did 12 months become years?  And they don't have to actually live as a woman just lower a stat.  Obviously you are on some transgender soapbox here (not sure why since it's about torodol use) .... I know it's hard anto stay on Topic but please try.    We had a thread already on this topic in PnR.

No, the point I'm making is that you, in addition to many others, believe athletes will go to extremes for their sport. 

If this guy is lying about not knowing the side effects, wouldn't you agree that he would have done it even if they told him 1% experience acute renal failure?

Not sure why you thought my post was off topic since I provided far more information on the drug's side effects than you did, but maybe it's just because you're honestly not very intelligent and have trouble reading. But I don't want to get off topic here like you did.

Reply/Quote
 BmorePa Wrote:Y
No, the point I'm making is that you, in addition to many others, believe athletes will go to extremes for their sport. 

If this guy is lying about not knowing the side effects, wouldn't you agree that he would have done it even if they told him 1% experience acute renal failure?

Not sure why you thought my post was off topic since I provided far more information on the drug's side effects than you did, but maybe it's just because you're honestly not very intelligent and have trouble reading. But I don't want to get off topic here like you did.

Haha you tried  to get on your transgender soapbox and insult me at the same time.   Glad you got off that nonsense and back to the torodol.  

I have no doubt he would have continued to use it ....   The issue is the team didn't inform the player.     None of this has anything to do with what he chose or would have chosen had they told him.    It's the fact that the team was negligent and held information from the player.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 06:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha you tried  to get on your transgender soapbox and insult me at the same time.   Glad you got off that nonsense and back to the torodol.  

I have no doubt he would have continued to use it ....   The issue is the team didn't inform the player.     None of this has anything to do with what he chose or would have chosen had they told him.    It's the fact that the team was negligent and held information from the player.

No one tells players about the effects of concussions. So what, the player chose to play. It's on him.
No one tells players about the effects of toradol. "It's the fact that the team was negligent and held information from the player."

Eh?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
rfaulk Wrote:No one tells players about the effects of concussions. So what, the player chose to play. It's on him.
No one tells players about the effects of toradol. "It's the fact that the team was negligent and held information from the player."

Eh?

I have always supported the info on concussions by independent and team doctors. Same for the use of pain killers. Once you tell the. What can happen the liability should be off the team and doctors. But if they fail to disclose what could happen they should be liable. It's not hard to tell someone what is possible to happen.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 06:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha you tried  to get on your transgender soapbox and insult me at the same time.   Glad you got off that nonsense and back to the torodol.  

You honestly are incapable of critical reading, aren't you?

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 09:42 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: According to the story, they never told him the long term effects of repeated toradol use.

How many here believe that, assuming he isn't lying, he would have taken the shots if they told him there was only a 1.1% chance of acute renal failure? Considering the OP believes athletes will take hormone blockers and live as women for years and years just to compete in the Olympics, I'm going to suggest he also believes that an NFL player would take a non-steroidal pain relief medication if there was a 98.9% chance it wouldn't cause issues and allow his career to continue.

i can 100% believe the team told him "Take this Shot youll be fine in a few"

over what the medicine was or the long term effects
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 03:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i can 100% believe the team told him  "Take this Shot youll be fine in a few"

over what the medicine was or the long term effects

I'd believe it to. What do you think an NFL player response would be if they were told "there's a 1% chance of having acute renal failure"?

Worth ending an NFL career?

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 09:42 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: According to the story, they never told him the long term effects of repeated toradol use.

The missing point here is that he actually had a condition already that the team would have discovered from blood test. This isn't the 1.1% chance when you have an organ that is actually not working correctly. 

This story actual is worth following, if the team did know about the protein leak in his kidney, then injected him without saying this stuff could actually cause serious health concerns due to your existing condition then it's a very winnable lawsuit and a very shitty move by pitt.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

How would anyone know what the long term effects are until several people take it long term?

Of course, I have not idea what Toradol is, nor would I ever take it.

Reply/Quote
The Steelers injecting things into their players, vastly shortening their lifespan for the sake of winning? I don't buy it. That doesn't sound like them. Ninja

Players aren't supposed to have medical knowledge to be informed about it. If they are medically informed and THEN they keep wanting to play, it's on them, but teams have highly trained medical and training staff on payroll to help these players out, which they didn't do in this case.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 12:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The player is responsible for his own decisions.   But even so the team should have made it clear all the side effects.   Torodol is used a lot on the NFL.  I remember listening to a CBS podcast where brady Quinn said some teams really lay out all the information before giving it out and others just give it out.  

Hard to make a decision when you aren't told all the possibilities they know.

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/03/briefing/4012B1_03_Appd%201-Professional%20Labeling.pdf

There are at least 57 listed adverse reactions to aspirin.  I'm 100% positive your doctor never warned you of all of them.

The article mentioned a kidney problem as a child.  We don't know what that kidney problem was or if the need for a transplant was a result of the natural progression of the kidney problem, an adverse reaction to toradol, a combination of both, or a combination with OTC NSAID use, or possible PED use.  What we don't know exceeds what we do know.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 07:54 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/03/briefing/4012B1_03_Appd%201-Professional%20Labeling.pdf

There are at least 57 listed adverse reactions to aspirin.  I'm 100% positive your doctor never warned you of all of them.

The article mentioned a kidney problem as a child.  We don't know what that kidney problem was or if the need for a transplant was a result of the natural progression of the kidney problem, an adverse reaction to toradol, a combination of both, or a combination with OTC NSAID use, or possible PED use.  What we don't know exceeds what we do know.

Precisely this.  

I have no problem with anyone taking the opinion that this guys claim is valid, but some here seem to be taking those opinions as absolute, irrefutable fact, which is impossible for them to know.  
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 02:50 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://m.hawaiinewsnow.com/hawaiinewsnow/db_330510/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=Ood0kOkv

Team shot him up with torodol and never told him.   Ended up costing his brother his career as well since he had to leave the Ravens to give his brother a kidney.  

Won't let me paste it but it's a sad state of affairs and dovetails perfectly with my assertion that the steelers medical staff circumvents other things like the concussion protocol enforcement.   Guess it's play for the steelers at any cost.

Lets ask Antonio Brown what he thinks of that theory.  If they are in the practice of doing that, don't you think they've had tried it for the playoffs? 
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 07:34 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Lets ask Antonio Brown what he thinks of that theory.  If they are in the practice of doing that, don't you think they've had tried it for the playoffs? 

Couldn't try it after Adam Jones called them out on it. Was already iffy enough that Brown was smiling and dancing in the locker room right after the game, looking very unconcussed. If he played, everyone would have known what's up.

Heck, the Steelers invented the term "concussion-like symptoms" on the injury report in order to get Polamalu to be able to play through a "not concussion" back before they added the independent concussion people on the sidelines.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote