Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Can Zac Taylor change the culture here ?
(04-05-2019, 10:34 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That was always my biggest complaint ! He'd get beat by a DE on a play, and the play continued for several more seconds and he'd just stand there hands on hips and say good luck fellas. No attempt to reengage at all

My favorite was when his man clobbered Andy at Jacksonville, and he just stood there and watched.....looks at Dalton on the ground, and turns and walks off the field without even offering to help the man he got killed up off the ground.  I was finished with that turd right then and there.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If ZT does what he said he would be doing at his introductory presser - design the schemes on both sides of the ball around what the players excel at - that by itself will be a massive and positive change.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2019, 07:50 PM)Joelist Wrote: If ZT does what he said he would be doing at his introductory presser - design the schemes on both sides of the ball around what the players excel at - that by itself will be a massive and positive change.

No doubt. We had some really talented teams in the past, i just think that Marvin never used the players to their strengths enough.
Reply/Quote
Cool

https://youtu.be/92L5Y1trEMw

Reply/Quote
If ZT can just get his staff to make halftime changes and keep his foot on the gas when ahead in score. Those would be 2 drastic improvements...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 01:11 PM)JSR18 Wrote: If ZT can just get his staff to make halftime changes and keep his foot on the gas when ahead in score. Those would be 2 drastic improvements...

The last staff made halftime adjustments, and the Bengals under Marvin Lewis never lost one single game because their offense was too conservative with a lead.
Reply/Quote
Changes in culture can go either way, up or down. It'll depend mostly on whether they win or lose. If they come right out of the gate winning game after game we'll know the culture has improved, but on the other hand if they lose game after game the culture might have changed, but in which direction?
Change for the sake of change is just change...nothing more, nothing less.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 01:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The last staff made halftime adjustments, and the Bengals under Marvin Lewis never lost one single game because their offense was too conservative with a lead.

If they did they were bad adjustments ! The regularity with which ML led teams put up very low scoring 2nd halves is well documented. 
Reply/Quote
I'm concerned with Troy Blackburn. Everything I've read about Zac Taylor is impressive. He is well organized, innovative, and loves football. Management has to be on the same page. We'll know alot after the draft.
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote