Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foster Moreau
Could the Bengals be a landing spot for Moreau? They seem to like putting LSU players around Burrow and he would be another one. His skill set is very similar to that of Hurst and honestly I feel he is a bit better player all around than Hurst is. Could be a good fit for the Bengals. If they could get him in the $7 mil range it could be a really nice fit all the way around.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 05:04 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Could the Bengals be a landing spot for Moreau? They seem to like putting LSU players around Burrow and he would be another one. His skill set is very similar to that of Hurst and honestly I feel he is a bit better player all around than Hurst is. Could be a good fit for the Bengals. If they could get him in the $7 mil range it could be a really nice fit all the way around.

$7 mill feels way too rich for Moreau, IMO.

I'd be game to add him as a cheaper vet in the $3-5 mill range while adding a more dynamic guy early, but I wouldn't think TE is "locked up" with just Moreau as the clear-cut starter.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 05:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: $7 mill feels way too rich for Moreau, IMO.

I'd be game to add him as a cheaper vet in the $3-5 mill range while adding a more dynamic guy early, but I wouldn't think TE is "locked up" with just Moreau as the clear-cut starter.

You are not getting him for $3-5 mil. Sportrac actually values him close to $10 mil and PFF identifies a market value just above $7 mil. 
Reply/Quote
Foster Moreau besides having an awesome name is a really solid blocking TE that gives you a little bit as a underneath and redzone option. Foster Moreau tested alot better than Payne Durham did this year but on the field they are very similar.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 05:18 PM)OSUfan Wrote: You are not getting him for $3-5 mil. Sportrac actually values him close to $10 mil and PFF identifies a market value just above $7 mil. 

Spotrac has been WAY OFF on their values this year guys have been signing for way less.... for example spotrac had Eli Apple's value at 10 or 11 million and I can guarantee he didn't get anything CLOSE to that.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 05:18 PM)OSUfan Wrote: You are not getting him for $3-5 mil. Sportrac actually values him close to $10 mil and PFF identifies a market value just above $7 mil. 

Feels a bit rich for his production-to-date, but maybe that's just me.
If I'm paying $7+ mill for a TE, I want someone who has multi-year 500+ yard production.

When you still got guys like Dalton Schultz and Robert Tonyan out there, I'd rather see what their price will be before going $7 mill APY into Moreau.

I do agree though that his style of play fits the Bengals scheme well.
And he does have a career 12.2 YPC, so perhaps he just needs more opportunity.

Willing to gamble $7+ mill APY on a TE not knowing if he's actually going to be among the Top 10 TEs in receiving?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 05:21 PM)Synric Wrote: Foster Moreau besides having an awesome name is a really solid blocking TE that gives you a little bit as a underneath and redzone option. Foster Moreau tested alot better than Payne Durham did this year but on the field they are very similar.

This was pretty much my take as well.
He's faster than Payne Durham, but he's a good blocking TE who can pick up some yards on short routes.
He's not a dynamic guy as a receiver.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 05:21 PM)Synric Wrote: Foster Moreau besides having an awesome name is a really solid blocking TE that gives you a little bit as a underneath and redzone option. Foster Moreau tested alot better than Payne Durham did this year but on the field they are very similar.

Moreau had a far better average for yards after catch in '22 than Hurst did so that seems to be a positive note. He also had a higher yard per catch average however his catch % to targets was lower. He had more yards than Hurst with almost 20 less receptions.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 07:03 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Moreau had a far better average for yards after catch in '22 than Hurst did so that seems to be a positive note. He also had a higher yard per catch average however his catch % to targets was lower. He had more yards than Hurst with almost 20 less receptions.

Yea Hurst had more curls, sticks, and breaking routes while Moreau had more seams, corners, swings as the Y in the Raiders play action offense. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 07:09 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea Hurst had more curls, sticks, and breaking routes while Moreau had more seams, corners, swings as the Y in the Raiders play action offense. 

I think he would be an awesome fit with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 07:40 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I think he would be an awesome fit with the Bengals.

Im not arguing against that. He would be a great fit for the 12 personnel packages and a veteran to help a rookie most likely. I had him as a FA signing in my last mock draft I did after the Senior Bowl. 

Reply/Quote