Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foster Moreau Update
A couple weeks ago, Foster Moreau was interviewed and gave an update on his battle with Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
He's optimistic that going through chemo treatment soon will get rid of all of the Lymphoma.
He's also returned to the Saints to complete his physical, which some may remember he was at when this was originally discovered.

Some believe he may get signed by the Saints (or possibly some other team like the Bengals?) once the deadline passes to not impact 2024 comp picks, and that team could put him on NFI list until he can return to action. Some speculate it could be possible he could return this season, which makes sense given John Metchie, who announced last Summer he was diagnosed with Leukemia and missed all last season for the Texans, is back with the team for offseason workouts already.

For more information - https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2023/04/14/saints-foster-moreau-cancer-lymphoma-treatment-interview-gma/
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Cool, hope he’s able to beat it and get back to football. Would love it if we were the ones to sign him.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 12:25 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Cool, hope he’s able to beat it and get back to football. Would love it if we were the ones to sign him.

Seconded. 
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 12:25 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Cool, hope he’s able to beat it and get back to football. Would love it if we were the ones to sign him.

I third that... Mellow
Reply/Quote
We could definitely use him later this season

I have a sneaky suspicion our TE room is going to be chaotic this year. I like Irv’s skillset but i just can’t imagine him lasting all year
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2023, 03:15 PM)Housh Wrote: We could definitely use him later this season

I have a sneaky suspicion our TE room is going to be chaotic this year. I like Irv’s skillset but i just can’t imagine him lasting all year

I would not rule out: 

1) Bringing Wilcox back 
2) A cheap vet one a 1 year deal (Marcedes Lewis, etc) 
3) A slightly higher level guy who gets cut/is a cap casualty elsewhere 
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 09:05 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I would not rule out: 

1) Bringing Wilcox back 

The Bengals MO seems to be to not sign a 30+ year old vet, so I think someone like Lewis or even Cameron Brate (who is prob the best TE available) is unrealistic at this point.
If anything happens, it's likely #1 and/or #3, but #3 won't happen until near the start of the season.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 09:05 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I would not rule out: 

1) Bringing Wilcox back 

Don’t forget option 4. A trade of a player of ours from a position of good depth to a team cutting a decent te for the same reason. I haven’t looked at all the rosters but I could see San Diego ir the Jets cutting a te we could be interested in. Then neither team has to fight the waiver wire to acquire a player that could make their roster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
If Moreau signs with anybody it will probably be the Saints unless they just dont want him at that point. He keeps returning to them so I bet thats who he signs with when healthy.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 09:58 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If Moreau signs with anybody it will probably be the Saints unless they just dont want him at that point. He keeps returning to them so I bet thats who he signs with when healthy.
He has signed a 3 year $12 million deal with the Saints

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 01:17 PM)pally Wrote: He has signed a 3 year $12 million deal with the Saints

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It makes the most sense.
He's living in that area and they're the ones who detected what ended up being cancer.

With him getting a 3-year deal, that might mean Juwan Johnson could be up for grabs once Moreau is healthy enough to return to action.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 01:59 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Don’t forget option 4.  A trade of a player of ours from a position of good depth to a team cutting a decent te for the same reason.  I haven’t looked at all the rosters but I could see San Diego ir the Jets cutting a te we could be interested in.  Then neither team has to fight the waiver wire to acquire a player that could make their roster

if its "San Diego", I hope its Kellen Winslow
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 01:59 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Don’t forget option 4.  A trade of a player of ours from a position of good depth to a team cutting a decent te for the same reason.  I haven’t looked at all the rosters but I could see San Diego ir the Jets cutting a te we could be interested in.  Then neither team has to fight the waiver wire to acquire a player that could make their roster

Chargers don't have a great group of TEs. Maybe Tre McKitty? He's not starter-material yet though.
Some on this board were fans of him though, IIRC.

With Kuntz added to the Jets, I think Ruckert could be on the chopping block. He reminds me much more of Drew Sample though than a legitimate starter-type.
I doubt the Jets would move on from Conklin, and Uzomah counts $12 mill in dead cap vs just $6.7 mill against the cap if kept this year.
Next year though, Uzomah is almost assuredly gone if he doesn't take the starter spot this season.
But he's already 30 years old this year, so not likely on the Bengals' radar regardless.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 02:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Chargers don't have a great group of TEs. Maybe Tre McKitty? He's not starter-material yet though.
Some on this board were fans of him though, IIRC.

With Kuntz added to the Jets, I think Ruckert could be on the chopping block. He reminds me much more of Drew Sample though than a legitimate starter-type.
I doubt the Jets would move on from Conklin, and Uzomah counts $12 mill in dead cap vs just $6.7 mill against the cap if kept this year.
Next year though, Uzomah is almost assuredly gone if he doesn't take the starter spot this season.
But he's already 30 years old this year, so not likely on the Bengals' radar regardless.

Gerald Everett and Donald parham on the chargers as well. Their 4th tight end is an unknown, at least to me. I thought they had some else but I was apparently mistaken. I don’t see them cutting any of their top 3

Reply/Quote
Foster has been cleared to play. I would have liked to see him on the Bengals but either way this is awesome for him

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2023, 04:13 PM)pally Wrote: Foster has been cleared to play.  I would have liked to see him on the Bengals but either way this is awesome for him

Absolutely.
Bummed he didn't get to be a Bengal, but I'm actually happy that he signed with the team that helped lead him to finding out about his cancer, getting him signed so he can get the benefits, and also extremely stoked he was able to get to the point of being cleared to play again so fast.
Hats off to the Saints for what could have ultimately been life-saving given when they found it.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2023, 04:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Absolutely.
Bummed he didn't get to be a Bengal, but I'm actually happy that he signed with the team that helped lead him to finding out about his cancer, getting him signed so he can get the benefits, and also extremely stoked he was able to get to the point of being cleared to play again so fast.
Hats off to the Saints for what could have ultimately been life-saving given when they found it.

No doubt, will be rooting for Foster on the Saints now. Good story. Smirk
Reply/Quote
Foster has announced that he is in remission

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2023, 02:34 PM)pally Wrote: Foster has announced that he is in remission

Glad it got caught early enough.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote