Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combine Results Talk - Runningbacks
(03-03-2017, 07:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I thought McNichols tested well at the combine.
0.01 slower than McCaffrey but 12 lbs heavier.
He also has good sized hands (10") and can catch really well.

And holy cow TJ Logan official 4.37. He was the COP back to Elijah Hood at UNC, weighing 196 lbs. Put up nearly 900 total yards on 120 carries + 29 rec, 10 total TDs. He could be a potential late-round target as depth for Bernard. De'Angelo Henderson also had a good combine (4.48) and is a similar skill set and size to Bernard that I still like in the late rounds.

I like McNichols and Brian Hill. 
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 08:37 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He has talent, but also mental health issues. I like him as a prospect, but worry about when he's gonna Stanley Wilson the team. 

7th or UDFA seems right. 

You're right.  I forgot that he was the guy that "retired", and then decided to return to the game.  Could be an issue of too many head shots?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You're right.  I forgot that he was the guy that "retired", and then decided to return to the game.  Could be an issue of too many head shots?
He tried to explain it that the death of his little sister always felt like his fault and it weighed on him emotionally. That caused his retirement. Just too much stress with that college and football. 

Little emotional breakdown. 
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You're right.  I forgot that he was the guy that "retired", and then decided to return to the game.  Could be an issue of too many head shots?

I think that is an issue with with all players at an elite level. I'm 100% convinced Pacman already has exhibited signs of CTE. 

But, I read Williams has suffered from bipolar disorder and depression. His sister died when he was as younger and he has struggled with guilt because of it. Sad story. 
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 08:42 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He tried to explain it that the death of his little sister always felt like his fault and it weighed on him emotionally. That caused his retirement. Just too much stress with that college and football. 

Little emotional breakdown. 

Sounds understandable. This is the first i heard of the reason for Joe retiring last year.

Dude is an electric RB. Would love getting him in the mid rounds.

Liking TJ Logan and Kamara too.

McCaffery in the 2nd round would be a steal for us IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 08:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think that is an issue with with all players at an elite level. I'm 100% convinced Pacman already has exhibited signs of CTE. 

But, I read Williams has suffered from bipolar disorder and depression. His sister died when he was as younger and he has struggled with guilt because of it. Sad story. 

Cedric Benson, anyone?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 03:38 PM)Okeana Wrote: Samaje Perine 4.66 at 233.   Basically Jeremy Hill Clone

Nawww I would take this kid over Hill any day. He's strong as hell for his size and he stays on his feet after contact. This guy get so many yards after contact its crazy.
Reply/Quote
I would be happy with Perine or McNichols in the later rounds or Kamara in the 2nd. As far as Henderson, ive actually seen several Mock drafts with us taking him in the later rounds.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 09:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Cedric Benson, anyone?

Cedric Benson was moody, but most of his off field stuff involved alcohol. 
Reply/Quote
Christian McCaffrey was very impressive in all his drills. That's a football player. Stanford put a lot of miles on him. Don't know if that's a concern or not.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 10:58 AM)McC Wrote: Christian McCaffrey was very impressive in all his drills.  That's a football player.  Stanford put a lot of miles on him.  Don't know if that's a concern or not.

Agreed.  I was extremely impressed with his testing. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 12:55 PM)Okeana Wrote: Agreed.  I was extremely impressed with his testing. 

Quick and fast.  Awesome hands.  He's got Patriot written all over him.  All those touches in college though.  Does that shorten an NFL career.  I've always felt a runner has X number of carries in him and if it takes three years or ten to get there, that's it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 01:15 PM)McC Wrote: Quick and fast.  Awesome hands.  He's got Patriot written all over him.  All those touches in college though.  Does that shorten an NFL career.  I've always felt a runner has X number of carries in him and if it takes three years or ten to get there, that's it.

He's not really a pounder and doesn't have any injury concerns that i'm aware of.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 10:58 AM)McC Wrote: Christian McCaffrey was very impressive in all his drills.  That's a football player.  Stanford put a lot of miles on him.  Don't know if that's a concern or not.

(03-04-2017, 01:15 PM)McC Wrote: Quick and fast.  Awesome hands.  He's got Patriot written all over him.  All those touches in college though.  Does that shorten an NFL career.  I've always felt a runner has X number of carries in him and if it takes three years or ten to get there, that's it.

(03-04-2017, 02:09 PM)Okeana Wrote: He's not really a pounder and doesn't have any injury concerns that i'm aware of.  

If he is around in the 2nd i would jump all over that pick. This guy will be good in the NFL and is what we need as he is versatile.

He can do it all and would make us less predictable.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 07:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Joe Williams from Utah had good measurable stats.  At 5'11" 210, he ran a 4.41, but his vertical was 35" and his broad was 125".  Based on just that, I'd say he did well to improve his stock.

Prior to the combine, CBS had him at a 7th/UDFA.  Might be worth a late pick, UDFA signing.

As hot as I was earlier for Cook and/or Fournette, I think a later round RB is a better choice with what I am seeing for DE, LB, TE, WR....and we still need a Guard.  
Reply/Quote