Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found My Bet Receipt! WHO-DEY!
I thought I lost it, so I went back a few weeks ago and made more bets, but I found the bet receipt that I made for us to win the AFC Championship, Burrow to win MVP, and us to win the Super Bowl!

If all 3 happen, I'll win $6,100!

When we make the Super Bowl, I might go and put a grand or more on us to win it!

Obviously, none of that compares to what it will mean that we as a team and Burrow won them, but it's a nice advantage!

Did anyone else make any bets preseason or in-season?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 07:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I thought I lost it, so I went back a few weeks ago and made more bets, but I found the bet receipt that I made for us to win the AFC Championship, Burrow to win MVP, and us to win the Super Bowl!

If all 3 happen, I'll win $6,100!

Obviously, none of that compares to what it will mean that we as a team and Burrow won them, but it's a nice advantage!

Did anyone else make any bets preseason or in-season?

You've lost the Burrow MVP bet, but you have a very real chance of winning the other two. That is really awesome. Glad you found it. Hope you get a nice gift soon. 
Reply/Quote
Glad you found the bet slips. Mahomes is going to be the MVP even though Burrow could have won. Hope the other 2 bets are winners.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
The first Bills game getting cancelled may have cost you the MVP bet.

But liking your chances on the others.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Should have bet that Bills game would have been cancelled then the Bengals would stomp the Bills two weeks later.. I missed my calling..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Shameless plug: http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Sports-Betting

Started up recently. We hiit a 4 leg parlay (+1733) for the Divisional Round predicting all four games. Harley bet with me and we were pretty pumped hitting that.

- - - - -

Glad you found your bet receipt. As others said, lost that MVP bet, but AFC Championship and Super Bowl are still there for the taking. Bright side is now you don't have to make a big journey to place a bet at the start of next season. Now you can just head across the river.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I bet I wouldn't piss on my cat on accident after being so drunk due to a win.

Lost that bet very early on.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 08:26 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The first Bills game getting canceling may have cost you the MVP bet.

But liking your chances on the others.

I agree on the MVP but stranger things have happened. I see a few in his future.

I'd still make a decent amount of money from the other two bets.
Reply/Quote
Laying a grand on a even payout bet doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.
Reply/Quote
did you use BetFred

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 04:21 PM)pally Wrote: did you use BetFred

You beat me
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 04:35 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You beat me

good job on the embed.  You can delete the script line for some reason they have it part of the embed code but it does nothing.  No harm no foul if you don't delete it though

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Mahomes officially the MVP. Looks like all 3 bets failed. How about trying again next year?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 02:03 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Mahomes officially the MVP. Looks like all 3 bets failed. How about trying again next year?

I bet you are real fun at parties...

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 10:52 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Nothing wrong with those bets - Joe most likely made the final 3 in voting and had we beat the Chiefs who knows?  We were one score from winning the AFC and if we did we were in the SB, all very close.  

Actually, Joe was 4th. Allen beat him out for 3rd, if you can believe that. It was Mahomes, Hurts, Allen as top 3.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 11:29 AM)Nepa Wrote: Actually, Joe was 4th. Allen beat him out for 3rd, if you can believe that. It was Mahomes, Hurts, Allen as top 3.

Wow, that's surprising. I would pretty much categorize that as "not even close". To put it into perspective, Mahomes received more votes than Hurts, Allen, and Burrow combined. 
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 11:29 AM)Nepa Wrote: Actually, Joe was 4th. Allen beat him out for 3rd, if you can believe that. It was Mahomes, Hurts, Allen as top 3.

Yep and the refereeing has never been better..... NFL is annoying as hell anymore.

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 10:52 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Nothing wrong with those bets - Joe most likely made the final 3 in voting and had we beat the Chiefs who knows?  We were one score from winning the AFC and if we did we were in the SB, all very close.  

MVP voting happens before the postseason starts so nothing that happens in the postseason has any effect on award voting.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 12:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: MVP voting happens before the postseason starts so nothing that happens in the postseason has any effect on award voting.

That's always annoying, isn't it? Teams play for the postseason and that's also when true greatness shows. Yet, it's totally discounted in the MVP voting. Maybe when only a handful of teams made the postseason, it made sense. But now that so many make the postseason, I would think they could take it into account.
Reply/Quote