Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Found the defense....
I was watching the first half of the Minnesota/Dallas game last night, and it hit me that I was watching our old Bengals defense. When the 2 teams practiced together, Vikings players told them Zim had had them watching Bengals D game film. Well, they look like our old defense. Meanwhile, our defense needs to watch Vikings D game film and remember what they used to be.....
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 11:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I was watching the first half of the Minnesota/Dallas game last night, and it hit me that I was watching our old Bengals defense. When the 2 teams practiced together, Vikings players told them Zim had had them watching Bengals D game film. Well, they look like our old defense. Meanwhile, our defense needs to watch Vikings D game film and remember what they used to be.....

To be fair Zimmer went over our game tape against Dallas with Guenther to prepare for Dallas. Basically Zimmer new going in which of his concepts were going to work or not work.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 11:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I was watching the first half of the Minnesota/Dallas game last night, and it hit me that I was watching our old Bengals defense. When the 2 teams practiced together, Vikings players told them Zim had had them watching Bengals D game film. Well, they look like our old defense. Meanwhile, our defense needs to watch Vikings D game film and remember what they used to be.....

No way Paul G has to do it his way.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Agree 100%
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Zimmers D fails under the bright lights again.

To be fair Zimmer wasn't even coaching the game. He's recovering from eye surgery.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 12:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: To be fair Zimmer wasn't even coaching the game. He's recovering from eye surgery.

As I pointed out he was there for the install he did the game planning with Guenther before he had the surgery.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 01:02 PM)Au165 Wrote: As I pointed out he was there for the install he did the game planning with Guenther before he had the surgery.

....not to mention, the D played lights out.  A fumble on the 8 yardline kinda gave Dallas the game since the Vikings offense struggled too.  They made a valiant effort on the last drive though.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It's gonna take me a while to get over letting Zimmer walk, I loved watching our old defense.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 02:01 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: It's gonna take me a while to get over letting Zimmer walk, I loved watching our old defense.

You didn't enjoy watching our defense last year?
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 03:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You didn't enjoy watching our defense last year?

Pass.

Fred's on a rampage today.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 03:43 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Pass.

Fred's on a rampage today.

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 12:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: To be fair Zimmer wasn't even coaching the game. He's recovering from eye surgery.

True. Even if he had been on the sidelines, their QB is really bad. I know they lost their #1 QB to injury. I don't recall his name.
Reply/Quote
It's all so depressing. I used to love watching our D. Sudden change no problem. Giving up 1 big play (usually at the jump, before settling down to holding them to fg's), seems like era's ago. A true bend but don't break, when mistakes were made but fast and fearless.

But the D has stepped up the last couple games. They just got old quick. Minny is them in their prime. That's why even with the slight improvement this year we got to get younger on D.

We had our shot we couldn't capitalize with a dominant feared D. And when we finally have our O to go with it our qb's seem to always get hurt. Minny better be careful who they watch. They've already lost a starting qb, and lost a heartbreaking wildcard game on a blunder. The curse may have moved on and left us just plain bad.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 08:56 PM)Derrick Wrote: True. Even if he had been on the sidelines, their QB is really bad. I know they lost their #1 QB to injury. I don't recall his name.

Teddy Bridgewater.  Honestly, Bradford hasn't played all that bad.  He came in off the street without a training camp, and their o line is about on par with ours.  Aside from Diggs and Rudolph, the pass catchers haven't been much punkin either.

(12-02-2016, 09:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's all so depressing. I used to love watching our D. Sudden change no problem. Giving up 1 big play (usually at the jump, before settling down to holding them to fg's), seems like era's ago. A true bend but don't break, when mistakes were made but fast and fearless.

But the D has stepped up the last couple games. They just got old quick. Minny is them in their prime. That's why even with the slight improvement this year we got to get younger on D.

We had our shot we couldn't capitalize with a dominant feared D. And when we finally have our O to go with it our qb's seem to always get hurt. Minny better be careful who they watch. They've already lost a starting qb, and lost a heartbreaking wildcard game on a blunder. The curse may have moved on and left us just plain bad.

Speaking of getting old.....T Newman STILL getting it done for Zim.  Zim just has a knack for putting his personnel in a position to excel.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 09:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's all so depressing. I used to love watching our D. Sudden change no problem. Giving up 1 big play (usually at the jump, before settling down to holding them to fg's), seems like era's ago. A true bend but don't break, when mistakes were made but fast and fearless.

When we had a Top-5 defense with Zimmer, it was the offense that abandoned the run and became too predictable. Thanks Jay. Whatever  
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2016, 11:46 AM)Interceptor Wrote: When we had a Top-5 defense with Zimmer, it was the offense that abandoned the run and became too predictable. Thanks Jay. Whatever  

Sure, the rushing offense was pretty good at that time.  However, it was much more effective when used out of a passing formation, or in unpredictable situations.  Even then, the OL could not with any regularity get the critical short yardage on the ground.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2016, 12:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure, the rushing offense was pretty good at that time.  However, it was much more effective when used out of a passing formation, or in unpredictable situations.  Even then, the OL could not with any regularity get the critical short yardage on the ground.

In my mind the Offensive line is the biggest problem we have ! It has to be top priority in off season. We're going to have to go out and get a couple upper level free agents. I'm really beginning to believe both Fisher and Ogbuehi are busts. I mean Og still sucks, so how bad must Fisher be to not even be able to sniff the field.

And we've got to stop the bargain basement Center crap and go get or Draft or/both a true anchor !

We can get all the blazing WR's, TE's and stud RB's we want but if we still have the turnstile O-line it's not going to matter. Build the base of the pyramids first.

And this makes it much better on the defense when the O can sustain drives instead of a dozen 3 n outs every game.
Reply/Quote