Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Four LEOs fatally shot
https://www.yahoo.com/news/three-officer-fatally-shot-during-000000452.html

Quote:Four officers have been killed and at least seven more injured in a hail of gunfire during a demonstration organized to protest this week’s police-involved shootings in Minnesota and Louisiana, Dallas police confirm.

A massive manhunt is underway for at least two snipers who Police Chief David Brown said  ambushed police, striking 10 officers and a civilian from an elevated position. The chief said they are also investigating information that the suspect may have planted a bomb in the downtown area.

“They planned to injure and kill as many law enforcement officers as they could,” Brown said at a news conference.

The chief said officers believe they may have one suspect cornered late Thursday. The department also published a photo of one of the wanted suspects.

1 step backwards, 2 steps back
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I was about to start a thread. Can't believe it took this long.

This is the result of irresponsibly making these shootings all about race. As SSF said in the other thread, the issue is far more complicated than that.

But this is extraordinary and unprecedented. There may be a lot more to this story.
--------------------------------------------------------

Being reported one person of interest turned himself in - which is probably a case of "oh shit, my face is all over tv as a suspect in shooting 10 cops - how do I not get myself killed?!?"

Another was apparently apprehended after a shootout. Along with a suspicious package found with him.
--------------------------------------------------------

The causality count as of 11:30 p.m. local time:

4 — Dallas police officers deceased
1 — Dallas Area Rapid Transit officer deceased 8 — officers wounded 1 — civilian wounded

That sucks bigtime. These officers had nothing to do with what happened in Minnesota and Louisiana, yet just cause they wear the uniform they were targeted. My friend in Dallas said it was BLM snipers.
Hate begets hate.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Unfortunately things are going to keep getting worse. Shooting police officers won't make less shootings happen, only more. Your taking people who are asked to be extremely calm under tough circumstances and making those circumstances tougher. We meed more information as this could simply be a group who used this demonstration as an opportunity and it could be completely unrelated, but if it's connected things are going to get bad. They do say they had been stockpiling for a while it appears so who knows.
(07-08-2016, 09:11 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Hate begets hate.

This.

This all sucks.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
This should help calm everyone down....

Whatever

Quote:Shaun King

[/url]Like This Page · [url=https://www.facebook.com/shaunking/photos/a.799605230078397.1073741828.799539910084929/1083731968332387/?type=3&theater#][/url]7 hrs · 

[Image: 13575775_1083731968332387_6423771283732240341_o.jpg] 

CC: [url=https://www.facebook.com/UnitedStatesSecretServiceOfficial/]United States Secret Service

This is a former United States Congressman threatening the President and all of us who are a part of the Black Lives Matter Movement.
Even if there wasn't a race angle being highlighted there would be another one. People killing other people. Police get so much attention because they have authority. The citizens of this country want them to be held to a higher standard, to be perfect, but we are all humans and no one is perfect. No matter whether the angle is race, gender, religion, ethnicity, whatever, it boils down tot he police having authority and power and when people are killed by police in ways that are seen by the public as questionable it is going to create a backlash because it is seen as an abuse of that power.

How we fix this, I don't know. There are a lot of theories out there, a lot of ways LE agencies around the country, and really the world, try to do community outreach to make it so there isn't so much tension. But because they have that authority, that power, any minor slip up is magnified in the minds of those that feel a commonality to those that are the victims. And that isn't to say the use of deadly force unnecessarily is a minor slip up, just saying that even minor slip ups are magnified, so situations like those as of late are even more tumultuous.

Edit to add: I am not saying they don't deserve a high level of scrutiny, because anyone given the authority they have by the state should be under scrutiny, I am just explaining why this becomes such a heated topic.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-08-2016, 01:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/news/three-officer-fatally-shot-during-000000452.html

1 step backwards, 2 steps back

I hope the black lives matter group wasn't responsible for this... tensions are too high as is.

this will only encourage cops to shot first and ask questions later.
I think POTUS needs to take a good look at his hands this morning and see how clean they are.

(07-08-2016, 09:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I hope the black lives matter group wasn't responsible for this... tensions are too high as is.

this will only encourage cops to shot first and ask questions later.

It will be blamed on the BLM movement. Minority extremists in a larger movement always represent the overall message of the movement. If, of course, you don't identify with that movement. It's the American way.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-08-2016, 10:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I think POTUS needs to take a good look at his hands this morning and see how clean they are.

Wow.  Really?

Whatever
http://www.complex.com/life/2016/07/former-congressman-threatens-obama-twitter-dallas

Wife just forwarded this to me.

Quote:Conservative Congressman turned talk show host Joe Walsh took to Twitter in the aftermath of the tragic shooting in Dallas on Thursday night to deliver a threat to the people he took to be either behind it or who create a climate that allowed for it to happen. One of those people, according to him? The President.

In a now-deleted tweet, Walsh told President Obama to "watch out" because "Real America is coming after you."

(07-08-2016, 10:15 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: http://www.complex.com/life/2016/07/former-congressman-threatens-obama-twitter-dallas

Wife just forwarded this to me.

Shared in post #9.

But Larry Fine up there thinks the President has blood on his hands.... Whatever
Our culture reaps what it sows. This cycle of violence just keeps going and going.

Sad news.
(07-08-2016, 10:21 AM)GMDino Wrote: Shared in post #9.

But Larry Fine up there thinks the President has blood on his hands.... Whatever

I saw, just wanted to provide something with a little more of the story to it. Especially since there are more tweets involved.

Now the Capitol is on lockdown. Suspected woman with a gun.

(07-08-2016, 10:28 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I saw, just wanted to provide something with a little more of the story to it. Especially since there are more tweets involved.

Sorry, my bad.

I didn't have time to click on the link and read your quote that it was deleted.

What  POS that guy is.