Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Four NFL teams that will disappoint fan bases in 2018, including the Dallas Cowboys
Four NFL teams that will disappoint fan bases in 2018, including the Dallas Cowboys

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/four-nfl-teams-that-will-disappoint-fan-bases-in-2018-including-the-dallas-cowboys/

With offseason housekeeping mostly over, Jason La Canfora identifies his four potential teams that could be disappointing

Jason La Canfora mugshot
   by Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 4h ago • 4 min read

Earlier this week I weighed in on the teams I believe are poised to make a positive step forward in 2018. So, it was only a matter of time before I shared my thoughts on teams I believe are trending in the opposite direction. Right?

And indeed that time has come.

Rosters are largely formulated by now and the chances of a team making a transaction significant enough that it alters the scope of their upcoming season are scant. Coaches in the NFL know that by this time in the offseason, the 45 guys they will take into play on Sundays are coming from the group that is currently assembled. This is their team. It's not up to them to find the best group out of these 90 bodies to get the job done.

Joe Montana ain't walking into that building. And neither is Barry Sanders of Lawrence Taylor, for that matter. And while, eventually, somewhere, I suppose, Dez Bryant will be walking into a team headquarters, expecting players who are on the street into May to make a difference is folly. They are available for a reason (or three). So with that in mind, here are some teams that have experienced at least a modicum of success in recent years who I don't have a great feeling about in the spring of 2018:

Cincinnati Bengals

Man that run of five straight playoff appearances seems like a long time ago. The worst aspects of those teams – lack of discipline, rewarding selfish and undisciplined players, an incredible tendency to melt down collectively in the most critical junctures – are still there, but the talent loss and brain drain has caught up to them. Stunned they would (over)draft an injured player in the first round for a second straight year with Marvin Jones yet again entering a season fighting for his job, and found it odd that they would pass on a potential franchise quarterback in Lamar Jackson at a time when every other team in the division (including the Steelers with potential Hall of Famer Ben Roethlisberger) grabbed one relatively early. Andy Dalton is functional with a coterie of skilled playmakers and an outstanding line in front of him ... but those are luxuries he has no more. They open another season with a Vontaze Burfict suspension cloud hanging over them, and all the recent draft misses has this smelling like a 7-9 season to me.  
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Who gives a ****? And what is the dumbass talking about Marvin Jones for?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Jokes on La Canfora, about 50% of the roster and 40% of the coaches have turned over since the playoff run. We're reloaded, and gunning for glory.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Who really cares? He’s not going to piss off a lot people by lumping the bengals into that list. Some of those points are very valid btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 09:50 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Who really cares?  He’s not going to piss off a lot people by lumping the bengals into that list.  Some of those points are very valid btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they are and that's why it hurts. LOL.

BUT! I'm drinking the koolaid with the new coaches. Why? Well, because its something different. Seems to be heading the way we want it to be. Discipline and Focus. Yeah, we still have Marvin, and yeah, that truly sucks and we Bengals fans know that's going to be the deciding factor. But WHO DEY GD'mit, WHO DEY!

(I feel like Forest Gump running trying to run the braces off his legs).

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 05:32 PM)Vambo Wrote: Four NFL teams that will disappoint fan bases in 2018, including the Dallas Cowboys

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/four-nfl-teams-that-will-disappoint-fan-bases-in-2018-including-the-dallas-cowboys/

With offseason housekeeping mostly over, Jason La Canfora identifies his four potential teams that could be disappointing

Jason La Canfora mugshot
   by Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 4h ago • 4 min read

Earlier this week I weighed in on the teams I believe are poised to make a positive step forward in 2018. So, it was only a matter of time before I shared my thoughts on teams I believe are trending in the opposite direction. Right?

And indeed that time has come.

Rosters are largely formulated by now and the chances of a team making a transaction significant enough that it alters the scope of their upcoming season are scant. Coaches in the NFL know that by this time in the offseason, the 45 guys they will take into play on Sundays are coming from the group that is currently assembled. This is their team. It's not up to them to find the best group out of these 90 bodies to get the job done.

Joe Montana ain't walking into that building. And neither is Barry Sanders of Lawrence Taylor, for that matter. And while, eventually, somewhere, I suppose, Dez Bryant will be walking into a team headquarters, expecting players who are on the street into May to make a difference is folly. They are available for a reason (or three). So with that in mind, here are some teams that have experienced at least a modicum of success in recent years who I don't have a great feeling about in the spring of 2018:

Cincinnati Bengals

Man that run of five straight playoff appearances seems like a long time ago. The worst aspects of those teams – lack of discipline, rewarding selfish and undisciplined players, an incredible tendency to melt down collectively in the most critical junctures – are still there, but the talent loss and brain drain has caught up to them. Stunned they would (over)draft an injured player in the first round for a second straight year with Marvin Jones yet again entering a season fighting for his job, and found it odd that they would pass on a potential franchise quarterback in Lamar Jackson at a time when every other team in the division (including the Steelers with potential Hall of Famer Ben Roethlisberger) grabbed one relatively early. Andy Dalton is functional with a coterie of skilled playmakers and an outstanding line in front of him ... but those are luxuries he has no more. They open another season with a Vontaze Burfict suspension cloud hanging over them, and all the recent draft misses has this smelling like a 7-9 season to me.  

What a moron. Complains that we didn't draft Jackson in the 1st but then complains that our oline is not outstanding. Why do you think we didn't draft Jackson and instead drafted one of the top center prospects int he draft, you idiot?  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
And no mention about PA going to Dallas.. My daughter is a Cowboys fan.. It'll give me something to laugh about this season . That's when she'll go into denial about even caring.  LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 07:58 PM)McC Wrote: Who gives a ****?  And what is the dumbass talking about Marvin Jones for?

When someone doesn't even know your Head Coaches name their opinion is worth all of a penny.
Reply/Quote
To me 1 of my four will be the browns for failing yet again to win a single game.
Seahawks
Cowgirls
And..

Eagles wont even make the playoffs this season
Reply/Quote
Welcome to the offseason. The Super Bowl is over. Free Agency is over. The draft is over. What the hell else is there to write about, rookie mini camps? Gotta justify your paycheck somehow.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 04:46 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Welcome to the offseason. The Super Bowl is over. Free Agency is over. The draft is over. What the hell else is there to write about, rookie mini camps? Gotta justify your paycheck somehow.

Seems to me if you cant get the Head coaches name right you don't get a paycheck... or at least that's all I would pay for his articles nothing.
Reply/Quote