Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Four takeaways from AFCN crazy offseason"
Welp, they say we're now the Browns.  Taylor is gonna fail, FA was doo doo, no one wanted to coach the defense, and Turner is an awful hire.....but the Stoolers are still in the thick of it, and the Brownies have already been crowned.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/four-takeaways-from-the-afc-norths-crazy-offseason-that-rearranged-the-power-structure-in-favor-of-the-browns/ar-BBV3mQN

Quote:Maybe the Bengals will find Dalton's successor in the draft. That'd be a step in the right direction. But as of this very moment, the Bengals are the worst team in the division. And nothing they've done so far this offseason has helped them climb out of the hole they've dug for themselves. If anything, it further cemented their status as bottom dwellers. 

Ouch..... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 03:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: Welp, they say we're now the Browns.  Taylor is gonna fail, FA was doo doo, no one wanted to coach the defense, and Turner is an awful hire.....but the Stoolers are still in the thick of it, and the Brownies have already been crowned.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/four-takeaways-from-the-afc-norths-crazy-offseason-that-rearranged-the-power-structure-in-favor-of-the-browns/ar-BBV3mQN

Ouch..... Mellow

Hilarious  they called us bottom dwellers!!
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 03:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: Welp, they say we're now the Browns.  Taylor is gonna fail, FA was doo doo, no one wanted to coach the defense, and Turner is an awful hire.....but the Stoolers are still in the thick of it, and the Brownies have already been crowned.

Ouch..... Mellow

So they're basically stating what I said in another thread.  I think at this moment the Bengals are at the bottom until they prove otherwise, at least on paper. 

I do not like the hiring of Turner nor did I like the way they handled the hiring of the defensive coordinator.

With that said that they have an outstanding draft I think they may surprise.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Gee, why even play the games then? The Ravens have a good defense and the Squealers have the rapist. Aside from that, does the AFCN really look all that threatening? IF the Bengals can fix their o-line and have their skill guys stay healthy, then the offense might come roaring back. Figure out how to stop the run on D, and it's anyone's division.
Reply/Quote
Until Jackson proves he can throw and the Steelers offense can function without AB I would say we are in the hunt. When we have Dalton/Green/Mxon/Boyd all on the field at the same time this offense is hard to stop. As for the Browns....they wouldn't be the first paper tiger to go up in smoke (See Eagles "Dream Team").
Reply/Quote
Ok. Which one of us wrote that article?!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Ouch..... Mellow

well damn might as well call it a season and give Brady another ring...  Cause really theres no one better so he must automatically win it...

Why even bother playing the games.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 04:22 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: So they're basically stating what I said in another thread.  I think at this moment the Bengals are at the bottom until they prove otherwise, at least on paper. 

I do not like the hiring of Turner nor did I like the way they handled the hiring of the defensive coordinator.

With that said that they have an outstanding draft I think they may surprise.

really the DC was on the media and us for jumping to conclusions.
Reply/Quote
Wait.... I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. A national media writer took a giant crap on the Bengals?? Wow, that doesn't happen often.
Reply/Quote
On the one hand we've done little player wise to upgrade a team averaging 6.3 wins over the last three seasons. So I can't totally shoot the narrative down !

On the other hand we have a whole new coaching staff and I believe the old staff was a large part of why we weren't winning. Soooo

On the third hand Cincinnati is still the whipping boy of the National press and will stay there until we actually do something besides win 10 games at 1:00pm during the regular season.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 05:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: really the DC was on the media and us for jumping to conclusions.

Everyone is allowed to draw conclusions when a team ends up with its 7th choice for DC.  Even college DCs were turning us down.  Can't blame us or the media for that.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 05:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: On the one hand we've done little player to upgrade a team averaging 6.3 wins over the last three seasons. So I can't totally shoot the narrative down !

This.

And even though we changed coaches you can't expect the media to be excited when none of our new HC, OC, or DC has ever even been hired as a coordinator before.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 05:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: Ok. Which one of us wrote that article?!

Fred.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 05:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: really the DC was on the media and us for jumping to conclusions.

I think you're right but still the media gets leaks from people inside the building.  I think the front office should have kept a tight lid on that.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 05:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone is allowed to draw conclusions when a team ends up with its 7th choice for DC.  Even college DCs were turning us down.  Can't blame us or the media for that.

But the front office didn't have to alert the media on whom they were interested in somebody was leaking in information.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 04:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: Until Jackson proves he can throw and the Steelers offense can function without AB I would say we are in the hunt. When we have Dalton/Green/Mxon/Boyd all on the field at the same time this offense is hard to stop. As for the Browns....they wouldn't be the first paper tiger to go up in smoke (See Eagles "Dream Team").

Agreed.

All plans look good on paper. Yet at times they aren't even worth the paper they are written on.

Steelers haven't put a complete Team on the field for the most part of this decade. And they lost Brown, Bell and Foster(?).

Ravens D just lost a third of their starting lineup and their offense is offensive to the game.

Browns winning meaningless games has happened before, followed by reality the next year. Let's see how long Beckham takes to poison that locker room. Losing Zeitler and Peppers (out of spite to Hue), can't be good.

The same Bengal Team, when healthy, went 4-1 last year and beat 2 playoff Teams. We may start the season slow, but I feel that Taylor will make a difference.
Reply/Quote
If we can find one or two LB and a RT that can actual play in the Draft then this team is just as good as any in the NFL on paper.
Yeah the Off-season has been poor but we didn't get worse we just didn't get better.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Ahh, MSN...the great bastion of sports writing and knowledge! Oh wait...

Of all the teams in the division, Pittsburgh it would seem has by far lost the most in terms of talent, and also appear to still be in the most turmoil.

Baltimore's lost Weddle, Mosely, Smith, and Suggs from their D, and brought in Earl Thomas who is coming off a season ending injury.

Cleveland signed a woman kicker to run the ball in the second half of the season, and got headache-to-be OBJ. Meanwhile they traded Zeitler for Vernon, so their O-line is, at least for now, weaker. And they dumped their starting SS who was good against the run but meh against the pass, in Peppers.

Meanwhile the Bengals have lost a second/third string TE to the Bills, and a formerly great LB who is sadly a shell of his former self. They brought in a new starting RG who may or may not be meh, but should be better than Redmond, kept most of their significant free agents in the building (what they're getting paid is a different matter), and they're the cellar dwellers?

OK MSN, so you're saying they're the MSN sports writing of the AFC North...fair enough. We'll see what happens when the pads come on.
Reply/Quote
If we can protect Dalton, we have a 10 win team.

I really believe our defense will be better (in all honesty, I don't think it could get much worse).

If we are SMART and make the draft focused on the defense, we should see immediate improvements.

Defend Dalton.

Rely on Top 3-5 RB in Mixon.

Rinse and repeat.

Media loves splash moves, but splash moves can't make chemistry, heart or simply making plays.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
It’s on the Bengals to shut that noise down. Even when they had a great deal of talent on the roster they found ways to under acheive. Until the team stops fulfilling that prophecy, the media is going to keep putting it out there year after year.
Reply/Quote