Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Four takeaways from AFCN crazy offseason"
(03-25-2019, 01:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: I don't really see how the Ravens are going to be a threat, unless Lamar takes a HUGE step forward in the passing game.  We have our faults, but I don't think we're necessarily a bottom feeder with competent coaching either.  Will the new staff push the team to greater heights?  That is the million dollar question.

The way I see, it, the Browns are the Browns until we see some sustained success.  Yes, they are improved, no, they're not automatic AFCN champions because they "won" FA as this article suggests.  The Stoolers are in for a fall, I feel like.  The Ravens lost key producers and Jackson hasn't shown me much that says perennial passing leader yet.  The Bengals are the Bengals.  Health and the draft will be a HUGE factor for this team.  They're not as bad as this nut says they are, but they're not exactly world beaters either.

As someone else noted, it almost looks as though 9-7 could win the division.

I think the Browns have more talent than us, but the Ravens, Bengals, and Steelers are all similar on paper. The Steelers do have a HOF QB so there's that. But, man do they need a WR in the draft bad and they have some questions on defense.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 01:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the Browns have more talent than us, but the Ravens, Bengals, and Steelers are all similar on paper. The Steelers do have a HOF QB so there's that. But, man do they need a WR in the draft bad and they have some questions on defense.

I would agree with that, but the Browns D still struggled last season, and despite all of the accolades, the offense was mid pack.

Like us, they have a new HC, and will that talent mesh and the new staff be able to make it all work.  Time will tell.

I think the division is a toss up, and should be fun to watch.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote