Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fournette Waived
I may be wrong, but think Bengals have first option to grab him off waivers.

Either way, as teams cut players, Bengals could have first dibs at some of these guys. I think some vets may control their own destiny, but may be wrong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
My understanding is the way it works is as follows...

Any player that's played in less than 4 seasons is subject to waivers. If they go unclaimed, then they go to unrestricted free agency. If they've played 4 or more seasons then they aren't eligible for waivers. Also, if you make a waiver claim you pay the player his previous contract amount, rather than negotiate.

So we place a claim on Leonard Fournette, but we'd have to pick up his 4.8 mil base salary (the signing bonus portion would stay on the Jags books).
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 01:12 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: My understanding is the way it works is as follows...

Any player that's played in less than 4 seasons is subject to waivers.  If they go unclaimed, then they go to unrestricted free agency.  If they've played 4 or more seasons then they aren't eligible for waivers.  Also, if you make a waiver claim you pay the player his previous contract amount, rather than negotiate.

So we place a claim on Leonard Fournette, but we'd have to pick up his 4.8 mil base salary (the signing bonus portion would stay on the Jags books).

Plus if we do claim him it says something about Mixon, his migraines and if we are planning to extend him.

I hope we don't claim Fournette even if he is a good RB. I still think Mixon can be better than him.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 01:12 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: My understanding is the way it works is as follows...

Any player that's played in less than 4 seasons is subject to waivers.  If they go unclaimed, then they go to unrestricted free agency.  If they've played 4 or more seasons then they aren't eligible for waivers.  Also, if you make a waiver claim you pay the player his previous contract amount, rather than negotiate.

We also keep the #1 waiver claim spot until week 3.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
We should claim him. We play in the AFC North. He is a super talent big RB #4 overall pick 3 years ago and only 25 years old. Our #1 is having head problems. He had 1152 yards rushing last year and 76 catches for 522 yards. What a convenient insurance policy. Run game is a rookie QBs best friend. Best RB tandem in the NFL would qualify.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 07:53 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We should claim him. We play in the AFC North. He is a super talent big RB #4 overall pick 3 years ago and only 25 years old. Our #1 is having head problems. He had 1152 yards rushing last year and 76 catches for 522 yards. What a convenient insurance policy. Run game is a rookie QBs best friend. Best RB tandem in the NFL would qualify.

He went to go join Tampa and Brady, go figure, think these guys might be really good this year with all they have added.

Glad they are in the NFC.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 10:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He went to go join Tampa and Brady, go figure, think these guys might be really good this year with all they have added.

Glad they are in the NFC.

Brady will just have to pass the torch to Burrow in the super bowl!

WHODEY THINK GANNA BEAT DAT JOJO!!
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 10:28 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Brady will just have to pass the torch to Burrow in the super bowl!

WHODEY THINK GANNA BEAT DAT JOJO!!

Thats the spirit GCB. Cool
Reply/Quote