Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fox Sports Host Tossed Off CNN After Saying He Believes In 'First Amendment And Boobs
http://crooksandliars.com/2017/09/fox-sports-host-tossed-cnn-after-saying-he

Quote:Conservative Fox Sports host Clay Travis was cut off by CNN's Brooke Baldwin after declaring he only believes "completely" in "boobs and the First Amendment."

"I just want to make sure I heard you correctly as a woman anchoring this show," she said to him. "What did you just say? You believe in the First Amendment and B-double-O-B-S?"

Excited to say another naughty thing on the air and troll a lady anchor, Travis answered, "Boobs. Two things that have only never let me down in this entire country's history: the First Amendment and boobs."

A stunned Baldwin asked, "Why would you even say that live on national television and with a female host? Why would you even go there?"

Oh, Brooke. We both know why he'd go there. This is classic sexism and trolling. Men's rights advocates everywhere are laughing their asses off right now, having been empowered in the era of Trump to behave like boorish teenagers. Don't believe me? Here's his tweet, just after:
Quote:[/url]

Follow
[Image: PIdSf23G_normal.jpg]Clay Travis 

@ClayTravis
Just went on @cnn and said I only believe in two things completely, the first amendment and boobs and the host lost it. Need video now.
3:29 PM - Sep 15, 2017

For her part, Baldwin was still angry. I think she should have said that CNN doesn't allow dicks on their airwaves and then cut him off, but that's just me.
Quote: Follow
[Image: GR82dm_s_normal.jpg]Brooke Baldwin 

@BrookeBCNN
That was... I just... it was one of those thought bubbles "did he actually say that on MY SHOW?!" Note to men -- that is never okay. #smh
3:30 PM - Sep 15, 2017

Twitter's reaction was swift:

Quote:

Follow
[Image: i3hibkiu_normal.jpg]Sean Kent 

@seankent
I've seen that look on a woman's face before. Trying to maintain dignity in the face of a pig like Clay Travis.
4:19 PM - Sep 15, 2017

[Image: yrkX7Szt_normal.jpg]Ron Davis @ir2pol
A white dude telling a woman he likes boobs while arguing for a black woman to be fired for her words is peak Trump supporter.

Clay Travis
4:19 PM - Sep 15, 2017

This seems quite accurate:
[Image: mYV_EdYM_normal.jpg]espn private editor @travis_mke
clay travis is what happens when a 12-year-old white kid doesn't hear the word "no" from mommy for 30 years
4:28 PM - Sep 15, 2017

And this is downright depressing.
[Image: jTbiF1tc_normal.jpg]Andrew Bucholtz @AndrewBucholtz
We're laughing now, but this leads to Attorney General Clay Travis.
3:46 PM - Sep 15, 2017

Our own RedPainter echoes my own thoughts on it:

[Image: BdRwSfK2_normal.jpg]ᖇ૯ძ ᑭคɿՈ੮૯Ր [Image: 1f3a8.png] @Redpainter1
I'm gonna bet Clay Travis hasn't seen that many boobs, hence his teenage boy like obsession. What a pig.

Real men don't talk like that.
4:24 PM - Sep 15, 2017

My mother once told me that yes, I could say anything I wanted. That didn't mean I should. What Clay Travis did there was boorish, rude, and intended to humiliate Brooke Baldwin. Sadly, she let him succeed. Next time she just needs to cut him off with no shock, no commentary, no "I can't believe he did a thing."

Or better yet, maybe CNN shouldn't book Fox Sports idiots to comment on things.

UPDATE: Oh, silly idealistic me.
[Image: PIdSf23G_normal.jpg]Clay Travis 

@ClayTravis
CNN is so offended that they already called me and asked if I could come back on Monday. Too perfect.
4:37 PM - Sep 15, 2017

UPDATE 2: Jemele Hill has a thing to say.
Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/brianstelter]

Follow
[Image: f053ce187d9fe1393f4684ca92c89d74_normal.jpeg]Brian Stelter 

@brianstelter
Jemele Hill's comment about Clay Travis: "I would just like to know if he can generate any kind of traffic without ESPN's name in his mouth" https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/908701997125292032 …
1:11 PM - Sep 15, 2017

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I LOLed. It's funny because he isn't a Republican and even worked on Gore's campaign. The only point I remember him trying to make was that there was a double standard with who can be criticized on ESPN.

Was it disrespectful to the CNN host? Sure, it was a dumb thing to say. Sexualizing women in a political discussion on TV isn't necessary. As a guy watching it in private, I LOLed. It sounded like PnR.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-16-2017, 12:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I LOLed. It's funny because he isn't a Republican and even worked on Gore's campaign. The only point I remember him trying to make was that there was a double standard with who can be criticized on ESPN.

Was it disrespectful to the CNN host? Sure, it was a dumb thing to say. Sexualizing women in a political discussion on TV isn't necessary. As a guy watching it in private, I LOLed. It sounded like PnR.

I figured he was just trolling for the attention.  But it's always nice to point out a guy (democrat or republican) who think saying "boobs" is funny.

Also he's tweeting the pone numbers of people sending private messages now...so he'll probably have to answer for that too. 

I'm sure the same crowd who railed against CNN for saying they wouldn't expose the reddit guy that made the gif the POTUS shared will complain about him doing it too.

Any time now...  Smirk
She pointed out her gender to him twice in a very short period of time, which is basically screaming "I want to be treated equally, except when I don't."

I mean, would there be equal criticism if a girl had said "abs and the first amendment" to a male host? Gender discrimination! Double standard! Etc, etc

So damn tired of the biased faux-outrage. Dude was a troll, treat him with general disdain, sure. Doesn't mean you should use your gender as a shield to defend yourself and drum up outrage support.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(09-16-2017, 01:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: She pointed out her gender to him twice in a very short period of time, which is basically screaming "I want to be treated equally, except when I don't."

I mean, would there be equal criticism if a girl had said "abs and the first amendment" to a male host? Gender discrimination! Double standard! Etc, etc

So damn tired of the biased faux-outrage. Dude was a troll, treat him with general disdain, sure. Doesn't mean you should use your gender as a shield to defend yourself and drum up outrage support.

Yeah, why ask for respect as a woman when some troll wants to talk about boobs to you, right?

'Cause like abs and boobs are the same as knees and vaginas....parts are parts.  Right?
(09-16-2017, 01:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah, why ask for respect as a woman when some troll wants to talk about boobs to you, right?

'Cause like abs and boobs are the same as knees and vaginas....parts are parts.  Right?

Why not ask for respect as a PERSON? Or maybe as a newscaster? But no, she falls back on it her being a woman twice in quick order. The people who cry and whine about treating everyone equally are the first people who fall back on gender as protection.  If the news group was doing an exclusive breaking piece on breast implants that cure breast cancer, and the producer said "sorry lady, but you're a female, so I am giving this job to Joe because he's a man" do you think she'd be "thank God, because I am a female newscaster" or do you think she'd be screaming about equality and treating her like any guy? Equality only when it's convenient, treat me special when it's not, is the battle cry.

Yes, abs were admittedly an imperfect comparison. Maybe pecs? There are women who fought for the right to walk around topless because men could. It's not like boobs could be compared to a penis, so I was scuffling around a bit there for a better comparison.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(09-16-2017, 02:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Why not ask for respect as a PERSON? Or maybe as a newscaster? But no, she falls back on it her being a woman twice in quick order. The people who cry and whine about treating everyone equally are the first people who fall back on gender as protection.  If the news group was doing an exclusive breaking piece on breast implants that cure breast cancer, and the producer said "sorry lady, but you're a female, so I am giving this job to Joe because he's a man" do you think she'd be "thank God, because I am a female newscaster" or do you think she'd be screaming about equality and treating her like any guy? Equality only when it's convenient, treat me special when it's not, is the battle cry.

Because she's a female also. And when some micropeepee wants to say "boobs" for shock value she can certainly say it is offensive to women. See, cause she is one.

A male host could have said it too. He just couldn't be shocked that some talking head said it to him 'cause male breast aint thought of the same.

(09-16-2017, 02:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes, abs were admittedly an imperfect comparison. Maybe pecs? There are women who fought for the right to walk around topless because men could. It's not like boobs could be compared to a penis, so I was scuffling around a bit there for a better comparison.

And that's kind of the point. The fact that people think he's funny for talking about boobs is related to people still thinking that boobs are just sexual. Something women would probably like to be able to live without. Not all women of course. Some enjoy the attention of course. big world. Lots of different people out there.
LOL

Can't say I disagree with the guy. Although, I'd have thrown beer in there, too. In order: Boobs, 1st, beer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-16-2017, 11:43 PM)Benton Wrote: LOL

Can't say I disagree with the guy. Although, I'd have thrown beer in there, too. In order: Boobs, 1st, beer.

Finally a post that makes good, rational sense.
--------------------------------------------------------

Hey CNN.... don't invite a sports guy on who he repeatedly said this in both print and on air.
(09-16-2017, 11:43 PM)Benton Wrote: LOL

It's just that there is a place for such a line...and not in the conversation they were having.  But then I wouldn't have had that guy on my show to discuss anything serious.