Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fox Sports Ohio airing all 4 1990 WS games
Game 1 starts tonight and game 4 is Saturday. You can relive the 1990's world series. As for baseball, I rather have no season this year than a doctored up one.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Eric Davis showing young players how not to stand in the batter's box, lol.
Reply/Quote
So great getting to relive that world series again!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
They're gonna show Tom Browning's perfect game tomorrow night.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
McCarver just plain irritating. He went into just positive the As would smoke the Reds and he had a rough time handling it being the other way around. LaRussa was a genius just standing there and Sweet Lou made every right move and got no credit.

I had forgotten how good Mariano Duncan was that year.

Sabo probably should have been Series MVP.

That team that year was the most fun team to witness ever for me. A different guy stepped up every day. It was incredible. They had to take out the Pirates just to get there and the Pirates were as good as the A's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 11:21 PM)McC Wrote: McCarver just plain irritating.  He went into just positive the As would smoke the Reds and he had a rough time handling it being the other way around.  LaRussa was a genius just standing there and Sweet Lou made every right move and got no credit.

I had forgotten how good Mariano Duncan was that year.

Sabo probably should have been Series MVP.

That team that year was the most fun team to witness ever for me.  A different guy stepped up every day.  It was incredible.  They had to take out the Pirates just to get there and the Pirates were as good as the A's.

Tim McCarver was the Dan Fouts of baseball announcers, smart aleck know it all. McCarver and Buck both go nuts in game 2 when Baines hit that two run homer. You'd have thought they just won it all.

I love the last couple innings of game 4 you can tell they're both in total shock barely able to speak.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 11:21 PM)McC Wrote: That team that year was the most fun team to witness ever for me.  A different guy stepped up every day.  It was incredible.  They had to take out the Pirates just to get there and the Pirates were as good as the A's.

The Reds lost game one to the Pirates in that series. I remember thinking as they made the last out "After an entire 'Wire To Wire' season of being in first place, the Reds are now trailing . . . I wonder how they're going to handle that?".

The magic of that team was when Eric Davis was injured early and, while nobody played out of their mind stats-wise, EVERYBODY upped their game just a little bit and it covered for the loss of their superstar. If someone was a career .255 hitter, he'd hit something like .265-.270 during that stretch. If guy was a career .285 hitter he'd hit .300. The amount of players that gave themselves up to advance a runner on that team compared to teams nowadays is so staggeringly different. *sigh* We're getting old.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote