Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fox Sports Radio this morning
Cris Carter said that the reason the Broncos have been great against the run and on defense in general is because of the signing of Domata Peko.

I kid you not.

Anyone see any Denver games this year? I haven't, so I'm curious.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Interesting he'd credit Peko for that, seeing how we were 23rd in YPC allowed with Peko last year, and 22nd in 2015.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The hate for Peko around here was not warranted.

Our coaches spoke well of him too.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 10:26 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The hate for Peko around here was not warranted.

That's because the armchair coaches around here only look at raw stats and not what the player actually did. He plugged his gap and usually took up two blockers like he was supposed to. But he didn't get pressures or sacks so he was trash.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 11:30 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: That's because the armchair coaches around here only look at raw stats and not what the player actually did. He plugged his gap and usually took up two blockers like he was supposed to. But he didn't get pressures or sacks so he was trash.

Exactly.

Now when he takes on two guys and plugs his gaps, he has a lot of other damn fine defensive players who swarm the ball and don't miss tackles. I wrote somewhere on this board about what was going to happen when Peko ended up having a good season and everyone laughed saying it couldn't happen.

Well, it's happening. The guy is doing his job, with better coaching and a better scheme and surprise surprise, he's got a chance to win a playoff game.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Good for him but our defense has been pretty good so far I don't think we miss him that much if at all.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I've seen the Broncos in action and yes Peko has been big for them especially in run defense.
Reply/Quote
Peko had nothing to do with all the missed tackles from the rest of the defense.
Reply/Quote
I saw two Bronco games so far this year, and Peko looks really good. Like really good. Like a different player than we had here. It's almost as if he's... Trying harder Hmm
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 11:30 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: That's because the armchair coaches around here only look at raw stats and not what the player actually did. He plugged his gap and usually took up two blockers like he was supposed to. But he didn't get pressures or sacks so he was trash.

Truth....& he literally played like every game.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 01:36 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I saw two Bronco games so far this year, and Peko looks really good. Like really good. Like a different player than we had here. It's almost as if he's... Trying harder Hmm

Coaching! If he feels he has a chance for a ring, it's going to bring out his best.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 06:48 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Truth....& he literally played like every game.

He played a heck of a lot of snaps here as well. 

Plus it is amazing how many people like Vance Joseph so much (myself included) yet think he knows nothing when it comes him wanting Peko.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 10:26 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The hate for Peko around here was not warranted.

Agreed.  The problem with Peko was a lack of depth behind him, so he played a lot of snaps here.  He is being used in a rotation out there and is flourishing. 

I never got the Peko hate here, but I was still ready to "go young" at the spot and I have been pleased with what I have seen out of Glasgow, but surprised at the sudden disappearing act of Billings.  What's going on there? 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 07:28 AM)Go Cards Wrote: He played a heck of a lot of snaps here as well. 

Plus it is amazing how many people like Vance Joseph so much (myself included) yet think he knows nothing when it comes him wanting Peko.

Or Zimmer... Peko is good at what he does, he always has been. Good for him. He left only because the Bengals did not want him anymore, so I wish him the best..... unlike that traitor Whitworth.
Reply/Quote
He needs a rotaton to keep fresh; he had that around the 2010s and in 2015.

I always thought he was better than those give him credit for, but people here are getting completely out of hand; he is NOT playing better than he was here, he is playing like he always did.

Guys with high motors always play the same, because they're constantly going at it. Peko is no different.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 07:21 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Coaching! If he feels he has a chance for a ring, it's going to bring out his best.

There was definitely a lot of complacency here among the players.

Making playoffs 4 years in a row and losing...then going 12-4 and actually leading late against the Steelers and collapsing to lose that 5th in a row...breaks guys mentally. It makes a Why bother? attitude.
Reply/Quote
he's playing as a true NT in 3/4 too and that may be helping as well. Or maybe he just wants to keep his cousin on the bench

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 10:26 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The hate for Peko around here was not warranted.

Billings has been a downgrade so far.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Doesn't Denver run a 3-4? I've always said that is where Peko belongs.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
People can call me crazy been watching the Bengals since early 90's this is best defense 'i've seen in a Bengals team. With Burfict back we may 2015 Broncos good or 2000 Ravens good. Lawson , Vigil, Fedlem, and William Jackson are making a huge difference. That was a sneaky smart move acquiring Smith from the Jags as well. We have so much depth too we can keep everyone fresh as well.
Reply/Quote