Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franchise move strategy
Why would Mike Browns plan be to move the franchise when he's probably going to be dead within the next 5 years. Unless its Katie's dream to get out of Cincinnati and move to another city then Im not buying it.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:29 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If they leave, they leave.  I'm not going to stress about it.

If they leave expect it to feel like a burden removed from my life. 

Will not follow. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:03 PM)Go Cards Wrote: If they leave expect it to feel like a burden removed from my life. 

Will not follow. 

Forced intervention.  Would do us all a world of good.  I would like to see the big black cloud go away.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
If they become the Toronto Bengals. ill still root for them My dad was a Browns fan. He became a Raven fan when they moved to Baltimore. Alot of Baltimore Colts fans that are still alive are Indianapolis Colts fans. I will root for this franchise regardless. I just refuse to be optimistic anymore.
Reply/Quote
We already had the third lowest attendance for this past year. At best this signing will drop us one spot because the browns will be last again. Although 3rd worst to 2nd worst does seem like a move Mike Brown would make.
Reply/Quote
As others have noted, Mike won't be around in 2026, so I don't see there being a move anytime soon, especially from the stadium that was built with the idea of honoring his father.

Katie? Different story. When the lease is up, I can see her not hesitating a second to move this team. Why would she have any loyalty to this place? Modell was in Cleveland forever and didn't hesitate to move. Bud Adams was the same with Houston. The Charges have been in SD for 50+ years, and they left. There's nothing more special about this franchise than any one of those. Plenty of cities have lost a team and will pay a king's ransom to have another one, including this broke ass franchise.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Here's what will happen, and this is the Bengals fan in me speaking--

Katie will take over and end up being the opposite of her father. She will do whatever it takes to win a title. Then, she will win a title, make the Bengals one of the elite teams in the league and then leave town.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote