Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heading Into The Unknown
(07-19-2017, 11:27 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: More than anything, I hope and pray we can get through training camp and preseason without any major injuries. After last year, I'm more worried than ever. Early injuries destroyed us last year.

With that being said, the offensive line scares me now more than ever before. I won't feel any optimism about that unit until I see it on the field. Right now, I view it as a huge weakness. One that I believe could be the main reason we only win 4 or 5 games. I hope Dalton has worked on his mobility and elusiveness, and that McCarron is ready...

The loss of Peko, Maualuga and Nugent are HUGE additions by subtraction, IMO. Simply not having these guys take the field for us makes me feel very good. Of course, the jury is still out on Billings, Minter and Bullock/Elliott but I'm excited to see some young replacements.

I'm very pumped to see what Ross, Mixon, Malone and especially Carlson can do. Can't sleep on Cody Core either. Call me crazy but I believe Core can be something special, I just hope Marvin gives him a fair shot this year (i.e. "Figure out a way" to get him in on some plays... It took Marvin almost 3 years to "figure out a way" to get Jerome Simpson on the field).

At best, I could see this team winning 11 or 12 games this season. At worst, I can see them winning 4 or 5. If I had to guess I'd say they win 8 or 9 and maybe squeak into the playoffs. Time will tell

I'm right there with ya Pat

I love Racerx's optimism and pray he's right. But the elephant is still in the room. I truly believe the defense will be an upper half of the league unit, probably even top 10 and will keep us in most games. 

And I think we have enough weapons on O to compete with the big boys IF the O-line is at least average. But that's a big if !!

11-5 would not shock me, but 5-11 wouldn't either. Fingers crossed it's the former.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I agree with pretty much everything said. My only fear is this, 6 games into season and we hear this, "for some reason we just aren't on the same page"....
Reply/Quote
Isn't there a saying out there that the 15th year is the charm? Cause this has to be the year Marvin rights the ship through his nemesis of waters known as the playoffs.

It should be a fun year if anything though. Let's just hope Andy isnt doing a Weekend at Bernie's imitation by the end of the season.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 12:01 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Isn't there a saying out there that the 15th year is the charm? Cause this has to be the year Marvin rights the ship through his nemesis of waters known as the playoffs.

It should be a fun year if anything though.  Let's just hope Andy isnt doing a Weekend at Bernie's imitation by the end of the season.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'll take a young team with some star veterans in Atkins , Green, Burfict, and Dunlap any day.

The trend in sports seems to be towards younger players leading teams to titles...

I really think that Kicker is going to be HUGE for us. There could be a 2-3 game swing in the W-L column depending on how our K performs.
Reply/Quote