Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Franchise tagging begins
The Commanders tagged Daron Payne, DL at a price of over $18M for the year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It appears two QBs, Daniel Jones and Lamar Jackson, might be getting tagged. I wonder how Lamar responds.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 01:47 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It appears two QBs, Daniel Jones and Lamar Jackson, might be getting tagged. I wonder how Lamar responds.

With a mysterious hamstring injury that arises early in the season, and continues to hamper him all season long?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 03:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With a mysterious hamstring injury that arises early in the season, and continues to hamper him all season long?

That's sort of the direction I was leaning toward.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 03:28 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: That's sort of the direction I was leaning toward.

Yeah, at this point the Ravens should likely tag and trade him to Atlanta.  They want him, they'll likely give him the Watson like contract that he's looking for.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 03:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, at this point the Ravens should likely tag and trade him to Atlanta.  They want him, they'll likely give him the Watson like contract that he's looking for.  

I was thinking the Jets as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 03:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With a mysterious hamstring injury that arises early in the season, and continues to hamper him all season long?

That would be awesome!!! Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2023, 01:47 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It appears two QBs, Daniel Jones and Lamar Jackson, might be getting tagged. I wonder how Lamar responds.

Well Ozzie Newsome said yesterday if they don't get a contract done they WILL Franchise him and he WILL be a Raven next year. 

Obviously, Lamar won't take it well. But he does himself no favors representing himself.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Lamar was tendered the NON-exclusive tag. The Ravens will have an opportunity to match any offer or get 2 first round picks in return

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 05:49 PM)pally Wrote: Lamar was tendered the NON-exclusive tag.  The Ravens will have an opportunity to match any offer or get 2 first round picks in return

My guess is he'll still be playing for the Ravens this year on that tag.  What he does as far as his career financially is his doing but my opinion is that as soon as the Watson contract was confirmed Lamar probably should have started contacting actual agents and telling them, "I want that or as close to it as possible. So what can you do for me?"

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 05:49 PM)pally Wrote: Lamar was tendered the NON-exclusive tag.  The Ravens will have an opportunity to match any offer or get 2 first round picks in return

I wonder what would happen if Miami made an offer. Would Balt get the first rounder they forfeited 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 08:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder what would happen if Miami made an offer. Would Balt get the first rounder they forfeited 

Nope. Miami can't reach out until AFTER the draft since they have no first round pick. I would assume LJ is moved before then anyway. Plus I believe Miami is all in on Tua. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote