Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Frank Pollack gone.

I totally agree with this. Let the new coach come in, set his handpicked staff and get after it.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 06:45 PM)McC Wrote: Paul Dehner says Pollack had opportunity elsewhere and Zac wants his own guy in that spot.

And that’s exactly the way it should be. We hired Taylor for a reason let’s let him implement his own system with coaches he is comfortable with and that know what he wants to do. It’s so refreshing that the Bengals are doing this never thought I would see the day. I’m fine with Simmons staying on the staff because he’s a good experienced coach and it’s not like an offensive position coach that has to learn a new scheme he’s never been in, special teams are more straight forward.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 06:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Since he made it thru cut down day I'd guess he wanted out but who knows ?

That's my guess.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Don't be surprised when we start seeing Ed Donatell's name floated at DC. He was the DC for the Packers when Sherman was HC/GM.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 06:54 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:
I totally agree with this. Let the new coach come in, set his handpicked staff and get after it.

That's the way it should be
Reply/Quote
The return of Piano Man.... a sequel scarier than any of Friday the 13th movies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Please tell me they didn’t release him so they could bring Paul Alexander back...wouldn’t put anything past Mike Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 06:38 PM)MentalRage Wrote: I also read from colts fans that he had a weird conflict with a player. DeGuglielmo told a lineman he was a failure because he missed time after attending the funeral for his younger brother who died in a drive by shooting.

If that is true then he is a piece of shit. There is a difference between being a hardass and an asshole.

Looks bad, when just seen in that context.  Has anyone seen/heard/read DeGuglielmo's side of the story?  For all anyone knows, there could be much more behind his reasoning.  Was this in any news stories, or just rumors on a message board?  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 07:06 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Please tell me they didn’t release him so they could bring Paul Alexander back...wouldn’t put anything past Mike Brown

That's not funny!!!  Sick
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 07:05 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

As much as I would have liked to have seen Coach Pollack continue to build the OL, perhaps with some new, quality talent, at the end of the day the new HC deserves to choose his own staff.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I find it weird that there can be no official announcement or contract stuff, that Taylor is our new HC, yet everybody and his brother knows what's coming. Sad to see Pollack go, but life rolls on.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 07:17 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I find it weird that there can be no official announcement or contract stuff, that Taylor is our new HC, yet everybody and his brother knows what's coming. Sad to see Pollack go, but life rolls on.

It says a lot about the goofiness of the rule.  Just get rid of it once and for all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Whoever the OLine coach will be, here's hoping he doesn't have Hart and Redmond as the right side of his line.

It sure looks like ZT knows what he wants.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Him and Kyle Caskey are two surprise cuts.

Would have liked to keep them both, but hey, we're in rebuild mode.

Since we're hiring someone from the Rams, here's a fun tidbit:

The Rams got a brand new HC, OC, and DC from 2016 to 2017.
They also hired 23 different coaches altogether.

Went from the worst scoring offense to best scoring offense in one year.
Sometimes, you need to make a ton of changes. We'll see how this pays off.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Alexander is back

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 07:24 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Him and Kyle Caskey are two surprise cuts.

Would have liked to keep them both, but hey, we're in rebuild mode.

Since we're hiring someone from the Rams, here's a fun tidbit:

The Rams got a brand new HC, OC, and DC from 2016 to 2017.
They also hired 23 different coaches altogether.

Went from the worst scoring offense to best scoring offense in one year.
Sometimes, you need to make a ton of changes. We'll see how this pays off.

If asked, most fans would have said Pollack as the one guy they would want to stay.  But as my grandpa used to say, in for a dime, in for a dollar.  It appears the young whipper snapper has a plan.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 06:11 PM)Synric Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/15/18184263/bengals-rumors-coach-frank-pollack-out

Surprised.

Don't like this, was hoping he would stick around and see what he could do in more than just one year. Maybe Mike Sherman is coming in which i would welcome him with open arms.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 07:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: Alexander is back

I would fist fight someone out of pure rage
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Meh. I didn’t see much improvement out of Redmond or Hart as the season progressed. How great of a coach was he is his players didn’t get better? Was he better than Alexander? Probably, but that’s not hard to do.
Reply/Quote