Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Frank Pollack gone.
(01-15-2019, 08:23 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Meh. I didn’t see much improvement out of Redmond or Hart as the season progressed. How great of a coach was he is his players didn’t get better? Was he better than Alexander? Probably, but that’s not hard to do.

Hart should have never been the RT to start with. Redmond played poorly as well.

And true, but at the same time how can you improve an offensive line if you don't have a say on who the starters are?
We've seen that Marvin decides who starts. Look at Bill Lazor talking about Joe Mixon's lack of touches. It's out of their control and was in Marvin's hands.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 08:37 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Hart should have never been the RT to start with. Redmond played poorly as well.

And true, but at the same time how can you improve an offensive line if you don't have a say on who the starters are?
We've seen that Marvin decides who starts. Look at Bill Lazor talking about Joe Mixon's lack of touches. It's out of their control and was in Marvin's hands.

Definately believe this was the case.

As much as i liked Pollack i guess this is refreshing that our new HC is going to hire a whole new staff to his liking.

He needs to be comfortable with his coaches, this is what this team needed to change the culture, clean sweep is what it looks like.
Reply/Quote
Didn’t see pollack was gone till now. Really liked him but I agree with many on here. Gotta let the new HC pick his staff and players. This stuff is getting better everyday.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 09:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Didn’t see pollack was gone till now. Really liked him but I agree with many on here. Gotta let the new HC pick his staff and players. This stuff is getting better everyday.

Exactly and those people saying we are bringing back PA are crazy.

No way, he has no connection to Taylor and no way would a team bring that guy in after what he did to the Cowboys OL.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 09:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly and those people saying we are bringing back PA are crazy.

Don’t worry. He won’t be back here. The Dog is 100% confident that nobody is that dumb. Although it does seem like a classic MB move. Yet, you don’t create this kind of change, then kill it with a rotten apple.

Reply/Quote
Richie Incognito for O-line coach.
Reply/Quote
That shit cray
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 07:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: Alexander is back

I know that you're just joking, but damn!  That's the kinda shit that things like "Fight Club" get started from..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 09:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I know that you're just joking, but damn!  That's the kinda shit that things like "Fight Club" get started from..

Damn rights, you don't joke about shit like that!
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 06:11 PM)Synric Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/15/18184263/bengals-rumors-coach-frank-pollack-out

Surprised.

Sad. This is the first off season move I haven't liked.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 06:13 PM)McC Wrote: Sounds like Mike Sherman will come in in some capacity.

Wonder if it's Pollack wanting to leave or the Bengals showing him the door.

Mike Sherman is better.  But yes, I am surprised.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 07:00 PM)Synric Wrote: Don't be surprised when we start seeing Ed Donatell's name floated at DC. He was the DC for the Packers when Sherman was HC/GM.

I have been stating this for a while.  I think Donatell will be excellent.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 09:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Richie Incognito for O-line coach.

He'll fit right in with our rumored new DC: Joey Porter
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 09:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Richie Incognito for O-line coach.

(01-15-2019, 10:36 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: He'll fit right in with our rumored new DC: Joey Porter

Adam Jones as DB coach adds to the "think tank" as well.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Per CincyJungle: One season and done for offensive line coach Frank Pollack.
Reply/Quote
Was hoping to keep him. But there is change in the air.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Hard to really evaluate him. Dallas had a loaded offensive line when he was there.

We had way less talent...but added Glenn and Price who both underperformed. Not sure you can blame much of that on Pollack.

I do favor an aggressive blocking scheme and I did like his temperament.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown wants the new head coach to hire his own staff. This is a miracle.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 10:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I have been stating this for a while.  I think Donatell will be excellent.  

It looks like he's going follow Vic Fangio to Denver as the DC.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Hmmm...this may be bad news for Simmons and Van Pelt.
Reply/Quote