Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frank Pollack our new OL Coach
(01-11-2018, 07:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You know it brother! To Pollack! Dalton should pop one open as well! :andy:

Dilly, Dilly!!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, when you consider the whole Zeke Elliot suspension saga, and add in the fact that everyone had an entire year worth of video on Prescott, there was bound to be some sort of letdown this season.  

DCs in the NFL are fast studies. 

They were too quick on the trigger to dump this guy. Meanwhile we took wayyyy too long. Either way, we'll benefit from Jerry's anger over last season's disappointment.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 06:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Wanted to see what Cowboys fans said about Pollack being fired. Here's a thread from their board.

LMAO, you would think they just fired PA....
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They were too quick on the trigger to dump this guy. Meanwhile we took wayyyy too long. Either way, we'll benefit from Jerry's anger over last season's disappointment.

Maybe waiting a bit paid off for once, the right guy just came along. If you mean PA should have been dump 20 years ago, then yeah I agree with that!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:58 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Maybe waiting a bit paid off for once, the right guy just came along. If you mean PA should have been dump 20 years ago, then yeah I agree with that!

Yes sir! And yeah that's what I meant about PA. It took way too long.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:54 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Dilly, Dilly!!

And another brewski!!!

Dilly Dilly!!!
Reply/Quote
Got to say, Dallas is being very Bengalesque with them not canning Garrett.

Dallas's O-Line sure was great, I guess it's time to find out if it was because of their coach or because of their multiple first round investments into the line.
Reply/Quote
I will say this...Pollack is a great hire, but we still need a major infusion of talent. Dallas had plenty of talent...and valued interior linemen.

Unfortunately, Mike Brown will still have his ideas on how his money should be spent. Hopefully someone can drill it into his head that interior linemen are increasingly more important.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And another brewski!!!

Dilly Dilly!!!

Please Nate, stop! STOP THAT DILY DILLY NONSENSE!!! I HATE IT! !Sad
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yes sir! And yeah that's what I meant about PA. It took way too long.

Nobody has said, "Yes sir" to me in awhile, seems odd now!!!
Anyway, can't wait to see what happens the first time Pollack sees Ced trying to block!!! I hope he kicks him squarely in the bunghole and says, "WTF was that"
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:03 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Please Nate, stop! STOP THAT DILY DILLY NONSENSE!!! I HATE IT! !Sad

Ahhhh c'mon Rueben, have a Bud Lioght on me!!  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:04 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Nobody has said, "Yes sir" to me in awhile, seems odd now!!!
Anyway, can't wait to see what happens the first time Pollack sees Ced trying to block!!! I hope he kicks him squarely in the bunghole and says, "WTF was that"

Officer in the Military? 

Yeah I read that Pollack is a stickler for technique and he looks like a stern guy. I hope Ced isn't even starting next year, honestly. I hope we let Pollack bring in some guys of his own.
Reply/Quote
I like the hire. Now we just need 3 or four legit studs up front like Dallas.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I will say this...Pollack is a great hire, but we still need a major infusion of talent. Dallas had plenty of talent...and valued interior linemen.

Unfortunately, Mike Brown will still have his ideas on how his money should be spent. Hopefully someone can drill it into his head that interior linemen are increasingly more important.

How do we know that it wasn't Paul Alexander convincing Mike that he didn't need to spend any money on interior OL?  Perhaps PA was touting how he could "coach up any guy from the bottom of the draft" and that those guys are just screws in a machine, easily replaceable.  (I know that sounds a bit extreme)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Officer in the Military? 

Yeah I read that Pollack is a stickler for technique and he looks like a stern guy. I hope Ced isn't even starting next year, honestly. I hope we let Pollack bring in some guys of his own.

I just went to the Home page and saw the article on Pollack. He looks like a no-nonsense guy, along the lines of Gregg and Zim!  The Cowboys have finished 2nd in rushing the last 2 years and 9th his 1st year as line coach.. Thank you Dallas!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I will say this...Pollack is a great hire, but we still need a major infusion of talent. Dallas had plenty of talent...and valued interior linemen.

I want Frank Ragnow Center out of Arkansas, he actually reminds me of Travis Frederick.

(01-11-2018, 08:03 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Please Nate, stop! STOP THAT DILY DILLY NONSENSE!!! I HATE IT! !Sad

Shut up Doug Mellow 

Dilly Dilly!

(01-11-2018, 08:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How do we know that it wasn't Paul Alexander convincing Mike that he didn't need to spend any money on interior OL?  Perhaps PA was touting how he could "coach up any guy from the bottom of the draft" and that those guys are just screws in a machine, easily replaceable.  (I know that sounds a bit extreme)

Yah never know, sure PA told MB all kinds of things lol
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How do we know that it wasn't Paul Alexander convincing Mike that he didn't need to spend any money on interior OL?  Perhaps PA was touting how he could "coach up any guy from the bottom of the draft" and that those guys are just screws in a machine, easily replaceable.  (I know that sounds a bit extreme)

Not extreme, because I was just thinking the same thing. Maybe the talent is there but the scheme didn't fit. I've never been a lineman and don't know ins and out, but I do know lineman like it, when you just go straight ahead instead of side to side.
Reply/Quote
So guys,

Not to put a damper on the celebration here but how "official" is this? Is the ink dry on the contract or could we possibly have another Warren Sapp/Shaun Rogers ordeal here?

I'm sorry and I hate to bring it up but we all know how easy it is for this franchise to f*** up a good thing
Reply/Quote

Everything I've read suggests that the Bengals just don't place value in those positions and would rather invest elsewhere.

Of course, PA was around for 23 years and who knows what ideas he put in Mike's head. I would think that if he valued interior guys, he would've had the influence to get Mike to change somewhat. He got Mike to agree to trade up for Bodine, which is something Mike hadn't done since Ki-Jana. We'll see soon enough. Hopefully this is a whole new era for our line.
Reply/Quote

First off - YEEE HAAAA WOOT WOOT

And I'd venture to say PA knew his boss well after 1/4 century and told MB exactly what he wanted to hear. "Yes Mike I can coach up any o-linemen you bring, be cheap as you want."

Let's hope that things they be a changing round here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote