Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frank Pollack our new OL Coach
Worry that the Dallas OL was because of Callahan and they fired Pollack because he didn’t improve them.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:26 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: So guys,

Not to put a damper on the celebration here but how "official" is this? Is the ink dry on the contract or could we possibly have another Warren Sapp/Shaun Rogers ordeal here?

I'm sorry and I hate to bring it up but we all know how easy it is for this franchise to f*** up a good thing

It's official. It's up on the Bengal's home page. Directly from Hobby
Reply/Quote

Not to put a damper on the celebration here but how "official" is this? Is the ink dry on the contract or could we possibly have another Warren Sapp/Shaun Rogers ordeal here?

I'm sorry and I hate to bring it up but we all know how easy it is for this franchise to f*** up a good thing

Just looked it up. Bengals have officially announced it via twitter:

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/951562678182477825
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Worry that the Dallas OL was because of Callahan and they fired Pollack because he didn’t improve them.

2nd in rushing the last 2 years and in his first year they were 9th.... just saying
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How do we know that it wasn't Paul Alexander convincing Mike that he didn't need to spend any money on interior OL?  Perhaps PA was touting how he could "coach up any guy from the bottom of the draft" and that those guys are just screws in a machine, easily replaceable.  (I know that sounds a bit extreme)

Not that far-fetched, considering the boner Paul had for guys like Nate Livings, Eric Ghiacuc, Dennis Roland, Brad St. Louis, etc.

We all know how buddy-buddy Paul and Mike were (I believe Paul's other title was "assistant head coach" An obviously generous gift from the Brown family Whatever). It's very possible Paul was completely fine rolling with this sorry ass Oline last season, and convinced Mike everything would be great. 
Reply/Quote

It is on the front page of bengals.com.

The guys that broke the news have been right on every other move this Offseason, they don't mess with people.

Frank Pollack is our new OL coach Pat. :andy:

(01-11-2018, 08:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: First off - YEEE HAAAA WOOT WOOT

And I'd venture to say PA knew his boss well after 1/4 century and told MB exactly what he wanted to hear. "Yes Mike I can coach up any o-linemen you bring, be cheap as you want."

Let's hope that things they be a changing round here.

Sounds a bit likely after this signing, this is better than i could of hoped. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:31 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Not that far-fetched, considering the boner Paul had for guys like Nate Livings, Eric Ghiacuc, Dennis Roland, Brad St. Louis, etc.

We all know how buddy-buddy Paul and Mike were (I believe Paul's other title was "assistant head coach" An obviously generous gift from the Brown family Whatever). It's very possible Paul was completely fine rolling with this sorry ass Oline last season, and convinced Mike everything would be great. 

That sounds incredibly feasible.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:30 PM)sandwedge Wrote: It's official. It's up on the Bengal's home page. Directly from Hobby

(01-11-2018, 08:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Just looked it up. Bengals have officially announced it via twitter:

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/951562678182477825

Wasn't the Shaun Rogers news on Twitter and the main page before it went downhill?  Ninja

Just kidding.
Thank you, gents. Cool  
Reply/Quote
Is no one here just a bit worried that this guy's 3rd round backup LT gave up 5 sacks in a game? I understand that he did a great job in identifying and then coaching up 3 1st round picks, but how do you all know that he's any good with linemen NOT picked in round 1? Up until Ogbueghi, Alexander was pretty good with 1st round linemen as well. His problem was that he couldn't coach up guys picked after that.

I guess you can say he did a good job with Doug Free...?
“It’s easy for everybody to say to make that change," Lewis said last week. "But ... when that change doesn’t work out, what do you do?"

Marvin Lewis on why he refused to make a change at the kicker position.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Worry that the Dallas OL was because of Callahan and they fired Pollack because he didn’t improve them.

Eh, Pollack is the one that had that O-line playing great the year before last, not Callahan who i am assuming
is the Skins O-line coach now who is another great coach. Pollack had injuries last year which hurt the O-line.

Callahan had his O-line decimated last year though, like i said he is a great coach as well.

Doesn't take anything away from Pollack though IMO.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:31 PM)sandwedge Wrote: 2nd in rushing the last 2 years and in his first year they were 9th.... just saying

Fingers crossed. I trust marv with coaching hires so we will see. Wonder why Dallas let him walk. Will have to research
Reply/Quote
Wildly excited about this.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, Pollack is the one that had that O-line playing great the year before last, not Callahan who i am assuming
is the Skins O-line coach now who is another great coach. Pollack had injuries last year which hurt the O-line.

Callahan had his O-line decimated last year though, like i said he is a great coach as well.

Doesn't take anything away from Pollack though IMO.

Pollack did assist him. I am hoping it goes well.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:37 PM)Madieu Superstar Wrote: Is no one here just a bit worried that this guy's 3rd round backup LT gave up 5 sacks in a game? I understand that he did a great job in identifying and then coaching up 3 1st round picks, but how do you all know that he's any good with linemen NOT picked in round 1? Up until Ogbueghi, Alexander was pretty good with 1st round linemen as well. His problem was that he couldn't coach up guys picked after that.

Dude definately wasn't ready for that Falcons End was he? Forget his name all of a sudden?

This is a good question if i have heard one about Pollack last season. Still only one player against one player who had his number.
Reply/Quote
For anyone worried about Pollack being a product of Dallas' talent, he did coach line for a year in Oakland when Palmer was there. They only gave up 27 sacks on 627 pass attempts that year, which is very good... but the run game only finished 28th in yards and 27th in YPC. That seems like it was just a down year for Run DMC though, as their other 2 backs averaged 4.6 and 6.3 YPC.

He was also assistant o-line coach with the Texans from 2007-2011, where they averaged only 29 sacks and obviously had tremendous success running the ball.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Pollack did assist him.  I am hoping it goes well.

I don't know all the particulars yet but from everything i have heard yet Pollack was by far and away the best OL coach out there.

No complaints at all about this hire.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:31 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Not that far-fetched, considering the boner Paul had for guys like Nate Livings, Eric Ghiacuc, Dennis Roland, Brad St. Louis, etc.

The most infuriating part of the whole line fiasco was that there was a better lineup sitting on the bench and numbnuts either ignored it or was too stupid to see it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:37 PM)Madieu Superstar Wrote: Is no one here just a bit worried that this guy's 3rd round backup LT gave up 5 sacks in a game? I understand that he did a great job in identifying and then coaching up 3 1st round picks, but how do you all know that he's any good with linemen NOT picked in round 1? Up until Ogbueghi, Alexander was pretty good with 1st round linemen as well. His problem was that he couldn't coach up guys picked after that.

Martin and Frederick were drafted under Callahan. Tyson Smith was drafted under Hudson Houck.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: For anyone worried about Pollack being a product of Dallas' talent, he did coach line for a year in Oakland when Palmer was there. They only gave up 27 sacks on 627 pass attempts that year, which is very good... but the run game only finished 28th in yards and 27th in YPC. That seems like it was just a down year for Run DMC though, as their other 2 backs averaged 4.6 and 6.3 YPC.

He was also assistant o-line coach with the Texans from 2007-2011, where they averaged only 29 sacks and obviously had tremendous success running the ball.

Shining resume so far on Pollack, much better than Goodwin who i would of been fine with. Thanks Shake. Rock On

(01-11-2018, 08:45 PM)McC Wrote: The most infuriating part of the whole line fiasco was that there was a better lineup sitting on the bench and numbnuts either ignored it or was too stupid to see it.

Stubbornly stupid sumbitch.

Completely maddening, just glad he was this stupid to finally get his ass canned.

As BengalsBong said in another thread, if the FO kept Whit around and PA wasn't this stupid, PA would still be around.

Thank God this is not the case.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Fingers crossed.   I trust marv with coaching hires so we will see.  Wonder why Dallas let him walk.   Will have to research

That is a strange question.  Perhaps Pollack wasn't happy, and decided to start interviewing.  The article I shared on the 1st page of this thread, specifically stated that Dallas had expressed interest in re-signing him.

Or, he could have just grown tired of enduring Jerry Jones, and decided that Mike Brown was reputed to be a kind tyrant?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote