Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frank Ragnow
(03-29-2018, 04:37 PM)3wt Wrote: I would be happy taking Ragnow at 21.   But 99% sure that would never happen.

With Pollack there and knowing how important Travis Frederick has been to the Cowboys, we might see a change in that philosophy.
You might like the mock I just posted with a trade back with CLE.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 04:20 PM)3wt Wrote: Made no sense to me.   Tucker and his cadre of guests are usually spot on - but he has a pretty tight time slot, so maybe there was little enough change with him that he was not deemed necessary to comment on.   Most sites have Price anywhere from 1st to 2nd, so I would think that's where he will go.   I'd be very happy for him to be a Bengal.

Must of been out of time no doubt.

If you are talking about the top Center prospects Price is right there with Daniels and Ragnow regardless of the injury.

(03-29-2018, 04:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ragnow is also more experienced at C compared to Price and is a safer prospect. Bengals also attended Arkansas Pro Day so the interest is there.
Given the gaping hole at C, I think the Bengals might prefer Ragnow due to earlier availability on the field, well-roundedness against both the run and pass, and three years of experience at the position (in the SEC no less).
It actually wouldn't surprise me if the Bengals took him at 21 although I'd consider it a "slight" reach. But I'd rather reach a bit for a guy like Ragnow than gamble he won't be available at 46 if he's my favorite C prospect.

Nice post man, didn't know we attended the Arkansas Pro Day. Ragnow had to be the main guy we were looking at.

O-lineman, especially Centers need time to gel with the rest of the guys, having the earlier availability should definately give
Ragnow an edge, especially here where we just added a new LT and have young guys battling at RG and RT.

I know Pollack didn't attend OSU's Pro Day, this could mean something.

Completely agree i would rather reach and grab Ragnow at 21 then gamble and hope he is there at 46.

(03-29-2018, 04:37 PM)3wt Wrote: I would be happy taking Ragnow at 21.   But 99% sure that would never happen.

Why? Cause Hobspin said we might look to take a Center at 21?
Reply/Quote
Don't trust a word out of Hobson's mouth.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 05:45 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Don't trust a word out of Hobson's mouth.

I don't.

I can understand why someone would think no way we go that way if Spin said we would go that way. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 05:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Must of been out of time no doubt.

If you are talking about the top Center prospects Price is right there with Daniels and Ragnow regardless of the injury.

Nice post man, didn't know we attended the Arkansas Pro Day. Ragnow had to be the main guy we were looking at.

O-lineman, especially Centers need time to gel with the rest of the guys, having the earlier availability should definately give
Ragnow an edge, especially here where we just added a new LT and have young guys battling at RG and RT.

I know Pollack didn't attend OSU's Pro Day, this could mean something.

Completely agree i would rather reach and grab Ragnow at 21 then gamble and hope he is there at 46.

Why? Cause Hobspin said we might look to take a Center at 21?

Bengals met with Price at Combine and knew Price couldn’t do any drills at Pro Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
How many teams could feasibly use a Center in the first two rounds?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 09:34 AM)Big Boss Wrote: How many teams could feasibly use a Center in the first two rounds?

And guard. Ragnow, Price, and Daniels all have the size to play guard too. 

I've see Ragnow mentioned at 24 to the Panthers to play guard after losing Norwell.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 09:34 AM)Big Boss Wrote: How many teams could feasibly use a Center in the first two rounds?

Baltimore and Cincinnati, maybe Detroit. Although Detroit could still choose to bring back Swanson and they did pick up Wesley Johnson, who is just meh.
Baltimore picks at 16 and Detroit picks at 20. Both good spots for C. And Cincy picks before them in the 2nd round so they either have to take a C in 1st round or trade back up ahead of Cincy in 2nd round.

Miami was in need too before they traded for Dan Kilgore from SF. They could wait on drafting C because of that.
Washington lost Spencer Long but they have Chase Roullier, who was decent last year as a rookie. They might wait too.
NYG lost Richburg but have Brett Jones, who was also decent. They might wait as well.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 09:38 AM)Synric Wrote: And guard. Ragnow, Price, and Daniels all have the size to play guard too. 

I've see Ragnow mentioned at 24 to the Panthers to play guard after losing Norwell.

Panthers would be more wise to take Wynn or Hernandez in that case. But perhaps neither would be there at 24?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 10:51 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Panthers would be more wise to take Wynn or Hernandez in that case. But perhaps neither would be there at 24?

Or they take Ragnow play him at guard in 2018 then if they decide to not resign Ryan Khalil Ragnow can move to center in 2019.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 09:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals met with Price at Combine and knew Price couldn’t do any drills at Pro Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes sense, no reason for Pollack to be there then.
Reply/Quote
I like Ragnow better than any Center in this Draft now. He played in the SEC, he has longer arms than Price, is bigger, more physical
than Daniels. Remember Pollack said he likes his lineman to be nasty and smart. This is also Frank Ragnow more than James Daniels.

We need a Center that can handle the big uglies of the AFC North, this is Ragnow.
Reply/Quote