Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freakin Bengals Medical Staff
Sucking it up again.... just look at all those ACLs they rehabbed last year with players out there looking betyer than when they were injured.... just horrid Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
You better knock on wood or you're going to jinx us.

We still have injuries to guys like Williams, AJ Green, Ross, and Boling retired. Those are some key contributors.

Not that I think the medical staff has much to do with a lot of this. Guys get hurt.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 09:31 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You better knock on wood or you're going to jinx us.

We still have injuries to guys like Williams, AJ Green, Ross

Well that one's a lost cause.

"Hamstring's actin' up again, coach."
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 09:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Sucking it up again.... just look at all those ACLs they rehabbed last year with players out there looking betyer than when they were injured.... just horrid Sarcasm

We may see Lawson arrested for manslaughter on the field this year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wow, that's a super quick assessment before the season has even begun lol
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 09:39 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Well that one's a lost cause.

"Hamstring's actin' up again, coach."

"Mine pinky nail got chipped!"
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 09:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Sucking it up again.... just look at all those ACLs they rehabbed last year with players out there looking betyer than when they were injured.... just horrid Sarcasm

Injuries and recovery are not 100% on any medical staff. THey can do little to prevent them and in reality, it is the injured player's persistence to get healthy again that decides great or average results. A guy like Lawson decided the pain to recover quicker and make his ACL stronger and quickly was worth it.

The work put in (I know they are paid well) to rehabilitate a major injury is only as intense as the player pushes themselves. A trainer can try and push them, but the individual can make excuses or simply not do the extra work needed away form the facility. I tore my ACL, MCL and both meniscus and was told goal was to be able to walk without pain. I did therapy for almost 12 months 3 to 5 days a week at a facility. I did therapy every day at home twice (on therapy days, once at home and once at therapy) Because I wanted to be healthy and had no issue working at it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 09:31 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You better knock on wood or you're going to jinx us.

We still have injuries to guys like Williams, AJ Green, Ross, and Boling retired. Those are some key contributors.

Not that I think the medical staff has much to do with a lot of this. Guys get hurt.
No way to predict who will or will not get a blood clot.  Can't exactly give blood thinners to football players

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I know many people look at injuries and say "That hit would have injured any player", but there are some guys who are just put together better.

Jason Witten was a full time starter his entire career at a high impact position (TE) and he only missed ONE games in 15 years.

While many football players claim that EVERY NFL player has had a concussion at some point in practice or a game John Lynch, who was one of the hardest hitting players I ever saw, claims he NEVER had a single concussion in college or 15 years in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 12:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know many people look at injuries and say "That hit would have injured any player", but there are some guys who are just put together better.  

Jason Witten was a full time starter his entire career at a high impact position (TE) and he only missed ONE games in 15 years.

While many football players claim that EVERY NFL player has had a concussion at some point in practice or a game John Lynch, who was one of the hardest hitting players I ever saw, claims he NEVER had a single concussion in college or 15 years in the NFL.

There's lucky and then there's LUCKY. Some people win the lotto and some people just buy lotto tickets..  Figuring out how to beat the odds seems to be a big mystery at least to me..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 12:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: There's lucky and then there's LUCKY. Some people win the lotto and some people just buy lotto tickets..  Figuring out how to beat the odds seems to be a big mystery at least to me..

It is luck.  But I believe the "luck" has to do with genetics.

Just like some people have natural gifts for playing music or doing complex math in their heads.  I think some guys are just genetically superior when it comes to staying healthy.  Stronger ligaments, more flexible muscles, denser bones, something like that.
Reply/Quote
Auden Tate suffers knee injury vs. Giants
Photo by Scott Taetsch/ The second-year receiver will not return. Auden Tate got the start at wide receiver tonight against the Giants in place of Cody Core. Unfortunately, his night has ended prematurely. Tate suffered a knee injury and has been declared out, per Jay Morrison of The Athletic. Auden Tate has a left knee injury. He is out. #Bengals— Jay Morrison (@JayMorrisonATH) August 22, 2019 The second-year wide receiver has been having a good preseason, so this setback is a major bummer. By starting tonight, it can be assumed that Tate had an inside track to making the final...
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 01:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Auden Tate suffers knee injury vs. Giants
Photo by Scott Taetsch/ The second-year receiver will not return. Auden Tate got the start at wide receiver tonight against the Giants in place of Cody Core. Unfortunately, his night has ended prematurely. Tate suffered a knee injury and has been declared out, per Jay Morrison of The Athletic. Auden Tate has a left knee injury. He is out. #Bengals— Jay Morrison (@JayMorrisonATH) August 22, 2019 The second-year wide receiver has been having a good preseason, so this setback is a major bummer. By starting tonight, it can be assumed that Tate had an inside track to making the final...

MRI shows not serious damage.  Still getting the dreaded "second opinion", but if they have already done an MRI I doubt it is anything too serious.

But when you are in Tate's position of battling for a roster spot even being out a couple of weeks could be disastrous.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 01:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: MRI shows not serious damage.  Still getting the dreaded "second opinion", but if they have already done an MRI I doubt it is anything too serious.

But when you are in Tate's position of battling for a roster spot even being out a couple of weeks could be disastrous.

Indeed. Putting one on the IR may be a way to stash one of those guys too...to avoid exposing one to the practice squad.
Reply/Quote
Ross won't get cut, but if he doesn't start to produce he may be a special teamer eventually.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 01:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Auden Tate suffers knee injury vs. Giants

Pains me to say this, but given the struggles of the punt coverage units, we're going to have to keep Core for ST's.  That means either Tate or Willis doesn't make the 53.  Best thing is to stash Tate on IR.  
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 01:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: Pains me to say this, but given the struggles of the punt coverage units, we're going to have to keep Core for ST's.  That means either Tate or Willis doesn't make the 53.  Best thing is to stash Tate on IR.  

Core hasn't really been doing that well on STs though. He's missed a lot of tackles in preseason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 02:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Core hasn't really been doing that well on STs though. He's missed a lot of tackles in preseason.

He's never done anything of note (tackle-wise) on teams. I don't know why there's always a rally cry of STs when his name comes up. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 02:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's never done anything of note (tackle-wise) on teams. I don't know why there's always a rally cry of STs when his name comes up. 

Core had the 7th most ST snaps of anyone on the team last year at 189, which was more than any other WR.
Core had 3 combined tackles on ST last year, and none in 2017.
Yes, I realize there is a lot more that goes into ST besides making the tackle, and I have notice Core get down the field quickly on ST plays but I don't know how you can measure the significance of that.

Bengals last year on ST:
KR yards gained per attempt - 24.9 (5th)
PR yards gained per attempt - 10.7 (7th)
KR yards allowed per attempt - 22.7 (tied 15th)
PR yards allowed per attempt - 7.3 (tied 7th)

Bengals did pretty well in ST last year overall but how much Core made that happen is probably unknown unless someone goes back and watches every ST snap he played in.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

I am a knockin'.  Mellow
Reply/Quote