Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA really starts at Noon today March 14
Well legally 2022 Free Agency Starts at noon, no official signings can be done until Wednesday, but it seems we hear quickly a lot of agreed upon contracts for top 10 FA's.

In past, we never seemed to be involved until after wave 1. Will we be active in 2022 in wave 1?

We will learn very soon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 11:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well legally 2022 Free Agency Starts at noon, no official signings can be done until Wednesday, but it seems we hear quickly a lot of agreed upon contracts for top 10 FA's.

In past, we never seemed to be involved until after wave 1. Will we be active in 2022 in wave 1?

We will earn very soon.

I feel confident that we will have a signing on Wave 1 and it will be an Olineman!  Things are changing around here!

I also feel like we will get Collins in a trade tonight! Hoping.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 11:37 PM)Yogo Wrote: I feel confident that we will have a signing on Wave 1 and it will be an Olineman!  Things are changing around here!

I also feel like we will get Collins in a trade tonight!  Hoping.

I hope you are correct
My goal is to enjoy the journey and manage the highs and lows of the off season

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
This is a fun geek-out period of days as a fan. I think we'll need to be patient as Bengals-news won't immediately be a thing.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 11:23 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This is a fun geek-out period of days as a fan. I think we'll need to be patient as Bengals-news won't immediately be a thing.

Yes, I think some of us just want it fixed so bad, we throw logic out the window. It takes money, fit and both team and player interest. I am confident we will fix it this off season (our OL), but to do so we may need to get rid of some dead cap weight and restructure some contracts to create more cap. The later I am not sure the FO is willing to do, but we will see, they surprised me last year.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 11:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, I think some of us just want it fixed so bad, we throw logic out the window. It takes money, fit and both team and player interest. I am confident we will fix it this off season (our OL), but to do so we may need to get rid of some dead cap weight and restructure some contracts to create more cap. The later I am not sure the FO is willing to do, but we will see, they surprised me last year.

I feel you about wanting it badly fixed. I have my own fantasy-GM framework where we signed Jensen at C, Jackson at CB, and another OL but it's just wishful thinking by me. I'm going to do my best to be patient and trust the organization since we've had good free agent signings such as Reader and Hendrickson.
Reply/Quote
I will be absolutely stunned if we find out today the Bengals agreed to contract terms with anyone. I hope i'm wrong, but the Bengals just don't act on the first day of FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 11:42 AM)Tomcat Wrote: I will be absolutely stunned if we find out today the Bengals agreed to contract terms with anyone. I hope i'm wrong, but the Bengals just don't act on the first day of FA.

Very true. In fact, history tells us they rarely sign any player in wave #1 (week 1). But, this is not a normal year at all and I feel Bengals have a great plan to fix the OL and may not be able to wait and lose their targets.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 11:42 AM)Tomcat Wrote: I will be absolutely stunned if we find out today the Bengals agreed to contract terms with anyone. I hope i'm wrong, but the Bengals just don't act on the first day of FA.

Pretty sure we locked up Trey on the first day of the tampering period last year. 
Reply/Quote
Also, a lot of teams will have do some work to get under the cap by 4 p.m. Wednesday so besides restructuring contracts, I see a lot of cuts coming the next few days. Some good players will be cap casualties and they do not hurt us on compensatory picks for 2023.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 11:53 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Also, a lot of teams will have do some work to get under the cap by 4 p.m. Wednesday so besides restructuring contracts, I see a lot of cuts coming the next few days. Some good players will be cap casualties and they do not hurt us on compensatory picks for 2023.

Yea, you have seen some of that this morning already. That second waive usually has some nice veteran value.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 11:49 AM)Au165 Wrote: Pretty sure we locked up Trey on the first day of the tampering period last year. 

Actually, 2nd day, but we're splitting hairs. I hope i'm wrong and we get some oline help today.
Reply/Quote
12:01 and NOTHING!!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Bengals sign Alex Capp 4 years-40 million. Glad i was wrong!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 12:01 and NOTHING!!

Sat on our hands until 12:02
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sat on our hands until 12:02

It's the Mike Brown way.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sat on our hands until 12:02

FO had to make it look like they took 2 minutes to iron out a 40 million dollar deal  Ninja

Reply/Quote