Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fred Johnson to start at RG?
Per Ben Baby's Twitter, we could end up seeing Fred Johnson start at RG tonight, not Billy Price.
https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/1306644391067553792

If this does happen, what are your thoughts?

Would a Johnson-Hart right side of line be better than Price-Hart or Price-Johnson?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Word on the street is Fred isn't starting tonight but his Johnson is.
Reply/Quote
I'd rather it be Price at RG and Johnson at RT
Reply/Quote
I'm not as worried about RG as much as RT. I think Hart played 100% of the snaps Sunday so I don't know what to expect there. Possibility Price splits time at RT? I don't think he's ever played RT has he? I know, twisted thought anyway. Just not a lot of faith in Hart.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 05:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm not as worried about RG as much as RT. I think Hart played 100% of the snaps Sunday so I don't know what to expect there. Possibility Price splits time at RT? I don't think he's ever played RT has he? I know, twisted thought anyway. Just not a lot of faith in Hart.

Price has struggled with interior positions, so he very likely would be even worse on the outside. His issues with reach and balance would be disastrous at RT.
I'd rather give Adeniji a shot at RT over Price.

It's pretty evident that Jordan won the LG job over Price, and obviously Hopkins has won the C job over Price.
RG is his last chance. But if Johnson plays well, that would leave Price without a starting spot.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
They definitely dont seem very high on Price, but in my eyes Bobby Hart is the most glaring weakness on the OL. I feel like sticking with Hart much longer is kind of like driving too far on a donut tire. Nothing good can come from that.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 05:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd rather it be Price at RG and Johnson at RT

In theory, so would I...It makes one wonder just what condition Johnson showed up in when camp opened.  He never really got a shot.  Neither did Price.  
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 05:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Per Ben Baby's Twitter, we could end up seeing Fred Johnson start at RG tonight, not Billy Price.
https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/1306644391067553792

If this does happen, what are your thoughts?

Would a Johnson-Hart right side of line be better than Price-Hart or Price-Johnson?
I was kinda hoping he would be ready to take over at RT.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
They need to start price it right guard and Fred Johnson at right tackle. I mean I don’t think Johnson could be any worse ,who knows ,But at least give him the start and see what happens. I think he has a lot of potential. Have a hard time believing he would be any worse.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 05:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd rather it be Price at RG and Johnson at RT

Indeed

I just have zero faith in Hart.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 05:49 PM)bengaloo Wrote: They definitely dont seem very high on Price, but in my eyes Bobby Hart is the most glaring weakness on the OL. I feel like sticking with Hart much longer is kind of like driving too far on a donut tire. Nothing good can come from that.

Actually, you could blowout the spare, the car swerves, and you take out some random dude walking down the street named Bobby Hart.

Reply/Quote
I want Jake Fisher back so we can have a Fisher-Price right side.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 05:49 PM)bengaloo Wrote: They definitely dont seem very high on Price, but in my eyes Bobby Hart is the most glaring weakness on the OL. I feel like sticking with Hart much longer is kind of like driving too far on a donut tire. Nothing good can come from that.

Mmm donut tire...

Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Fred was active. If that’s the case why not stick him in Sunday instead of Price?

Billy looks jacked and has to have a chip on his shoulder. Being from Ohio he knows all about this rivalry. I want him to get another shot. Although I did see his name on the injury report this year already
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 06:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I want Jake Fisher back so we can have a Fisher-Price right side.

Wasn't that the package nickname when Dunlap and Atkins were youngsters and they'd come in(thanks to Thornton telling Marv he should play the better players)?
Reply/Quote
I was actually kind of excited to see if Price could cut it at RG. I thought maybe with him being fully healthy, another year under his belt, and a chance to start that it could be intriquing.

If the team is moving Fred Johnson over to that role then I think it's about time we give up on the Billy Price hopes though. It appears that this dude is just never going to pan out.
Reply/Quote
Price was just a terrible pick. This right side of the line is just horrible no matter who they put out there.
I don’t like any of the combinations suggested because all three of those guys are back-up level linemen at best. No matter what happens this season, they need to draft O line men early and often next year. Just have to hope it goes better than the Ced O/Fisher draft combo.
Reply/Quote
Fred’s a Gator and therefore a winner.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 06:54 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Fred was active. If that’s the case why not stick him in Sunday instead of Price?

Billy looks jacked and has to have a chip on his shoulder. Being from Ohio he knows all about this rivalry. I want him to get another shot. Although I did see his name on the injury report this year already

His issues are not with his strength or effort.
He can get as strong as he wants, but it won't keep him on his feet and keep his hands on defenders to keep them away or drive them back.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 07:09 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I was actually kind of excited to see if Price could cut it at RG.  I thought maybe with him being fully healthy, another year under his belt, and a chance to start that it could be intriquing.

If the team is moving Fred Johnson over to that role then I think it's about time we give up on the Billy Price hopes though.  It appears that this dude is just never going to pan out.

It's hard to say, because the development curve for OL is so big.  I mean, the light didn't really turn on for Hopkins until year 4.
Reply/Quote