Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fred Johnson to start at RG?
(09-17-2020, 06:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I want Jake Fisher back so we can have a Fisher-Price right side.

Joey Bosa in post game interview said Hart was trash talking alot and he smirked and said he was surprised they werent giving him any help like chipping him etc. It makes you wonder sometimes what is the true deal with Hart ......everyone knows he is a back up tackle except for the Bengals coaching staff. He has to have some compromising  info on Turner or something? You draft a #1 QB in Joe Burrow to be the savior and you continue to roll the dice with a average guy like Hart protecting him??   Would love to see Fred and Price tonite and see how that plays out. 
Reply/Quote
Fred Johnson is starting tonite at RG

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 07:21 PM)Whatever Wrote: It's hard to say, because the development curve for OL is so big.  I mean, the light didn't really turn on for Hopkins until year 4.

Hopkins was also an UDFA, so it was (or should have been) expected he needed time to develop.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 07:29 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Joey Bosa in post game interview said Hart was trash talking alot and he smirked and said he was surprised they werent giving him any help like chipping him etc. It makes you wonder sometimes what is the true deal with Hart ......everyone knows he is a back up tackle except for the Bengals coaching staff. He has to have some compromising  info on Turner or something? You draft a #1 QB in Joe Burrow to be the savior and you continue to roll the dice with a average guy like Hart protecting him??   Would love to see Fred and Price tonite and see how that plays out. 

Turner is a lot like Mike Brown.
He'll stick with his guys through thick and thin, does things his way.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 07:21 PM)Whatever Wrote: It's hard to say, because the development curve for OL is so big.  I mean, the light didn't really turn on for Hopkins until year 4.

Not really true. 

Injured first year. Up and down second year at guard. Third year played well at Center filling in for an injured rookie Price then after Price came back played some Left and Right Guard. Starting Center year 4.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 08:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Turner is a lot like Mike Brown.

That's probably not the wisest way to do things when you don't own the team. 
Reply/Quote
I think this is more about Price stinking. Price lost his job to Hopkins , couldn’t win a guard spot last year from a rookie and John Miller. Then they felt compelled to bring in Xavier Su’A Filo who Price also couldn’t beat out and now Fred Johnson is deemed better. Billy Price officially a bust , fact.
Reply/Quote
I'll never talk up Johnson again.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Well hopefully we never see that again.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 08:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Turner is a lot like Mike Brown.

Jim and Mike also share the predilection to mediocrity.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Can Billy Price get the start next game?
Reply/Quote
Play the rookie from Kansas and get him some experience. Honestly he could not do any worse.
Reply/Quote
I don't know what the answer is, but it it ain't Johnson and Hart.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:08 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Well hopefully we never see that again.

Amen that was absolutely horrific.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:33 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Can Billy Price get the start next game?

Should have started this one. The line started playing better after XSF got hurt and Billy came in. If they thought Johnson was the better player why didn't he come in last week instead of Price? 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:40 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Should have started this one. The line started playing better after XSF got hurt and Billy came in. If they thought Johnson was the better player why didn't he come in last week instead of Price? 

Price obviously blows. Let’s just follow the signs he lost his job to Hopkins, couldn’t beat out a rookie and John Miller at guard last year, couldn’t beat out XSF this year at guard and Fred Johnson was deemed better than him. He graded out terrible in the Chargers game. He’s ogbuehi 2.0 and another 1st round bust like his boy John Ross. I hope and pray to god every night that Jonah Williams pans out.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:38 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Play the rookie from Kansas and get him some experience. Honestly he could not do any worse.

I second that motion.

Let's see some Hakeem Adeniji.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:38 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Play the rookie from Kansas and get him some experience. Honestly he could not do any worse.

This. I hope he turns out to be decent because it feels like forever since we drafted a good OL.

I also still have hope for Jonah, but he hasn’t looked good so far (obviously super early).

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:07 AM)jj22 Wrote: I'll never talk up Fred's Johnson again.

Fixed it for ya buddy!
Reply/Quote
Well Johnson sure didn't earn that starting gig after last night. Mercy.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote