Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agency Day 1 a success, take a week off.
We wrapped up Iloka, so now it's time to take the week off and wait for the higher priced FA's to get out of the way, so we can start looking for our basement bargain deals. Next year's draft will be a good one, we'll have so many comp picks to enjoy!! We might have to hire more scouts... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:17 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: We wrapped up Iloka, so now it's time to take the week off and wait for the higher priced FA's to get out of the way, so we can start looking for our basement bargain deals. Next year's draft will be a good one, we'll have so many comp picks to enjoy!! We might have to hire more scouts... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Better than i expected.

I expected us to bring back Reggie, Hall and Sanu in FA.

Instead we brought back one of the best young Safety prospects in the league and i hear bringin back Adam.

Those two would be awesome with a decent Receiver. Both MLJ and Sanu are getting way overpaid from what i have seen.
Reply/Quote
I can't complain thus far. Bringing Iloka back was priority number 1 and i'm glad the FO saw it that way as well. I'll eat my crow.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:17 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: We wrapped up Iloka, so now it's time to take the week off and wait for the higher priced FA's to get out of the way, so we can start looking for our basement bargain deals. Next year's draft will be a good one, we'll have so many comp picks to enjoy!! We might have to hire more scouts... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

So we get our most important FA locked up on a solid deal and we still gotta be like this?

Reasons we aren't bringing some of these guys back, 7 mil for Sanu and 8 Mil for MJ is too much for those guys, Nelson is 33 years old and we have a young guy ready to step up. 

We need to bring back Adam Jones and a vet WR, maybe Mike Wallace and we will have done a solid job with Free Agency.

No real reason to be down right now to be honest. 
Reply/Quote
You can't get mad at teams throwing money at guys. That is what Free agency is supposed to do. Spread the talent.

Glad to see we signed the guy we really wanted to but safeties go for cheap in the grand scheme of things. Not keeping one of Sanu or Jones is not the Bengals fault but it still affects my grade for the offseason so far. Just like Hill making a dumb play losing the game isn't the WHOLE teams' fault but it affects the grade you can give them in the playoffs regardless.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Better than i expected.

I expected us to bring back Reggie, Hall and Sanu in FA.

Instead we brought back one of the best young Safety prospects in the league and i hear bringin back Adam.

Those two would be awesome with a decent Receiver. Both MLJ and Sanu are getting way overpaid from what i have seen.

Nope Adam is most likely going to Miami 
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:26 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: So we get our most important FA locked up on a solid deal and we still gotta be like this?

Reasons we aren't bringing some of these guys back, 7 mil for Sanu and 8 Mil for MJ is too much for those guys, Nelson is 33 years old and we have a young guy ready to step up. 

We need to bring back Adam Jones and a vet WR, maybe Mike Wallace and we will have done a solid job with Free Agency.

No real reason to be down right now to be honest. 

Who said I'm down?
Our team is going to be great after all of our comp picks from next year get some seasoning. We should start saving our money now.... Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
A weak WR market this offseason got Sanu and Jones overpaid. I fully understand why the Bengals would not match those deals. With other FAs this season, and important ones next season (Eifert and Zeitler), paying Jones and Sanu those numbers would have been stupid. Remember the stupid money Hawkins got to go to cleveland? This is the same thing. Sometimes you just have to respect their decision to go to another team willing to pay that much and wish them well.

I am also doubly glad they were able to re-sign Iloka. I like Nelson, but letting him go is a tough, but ok decision too. With Williams and Derron Smith in the wings, its ok to let a 33 year old S go. He had a great season, but the chances of him repeating that next season are slim. Now if they can just let Andre Smith pursue his life's work elsewhere, we can get on with signing those we really need to keep. We can get decent WRs in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:58 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Who said I'm down?
Our team is going to be great after all of our comp picks from next year get some seasoning. We should start saving our money now.... Sarcasm

2019 is going to be a great year for the black and orange.
Reply/Quote
I stand corrected.
Adam Jones and Winston inked.
Now we got the weekend off.
I'm glad we got Adam back.
Reply/Quote