Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Jones says a lot when he doesn't mean to on ESPN
So I was working ( Ninja ) from home today and had on ESPN to keep track of any free agent news. Adam Jones was on a bunch of different shows. One surprising comment he made over and over again was that he thought Calvin Johnson would return to the NFL. He made it clear that he did not have any inside information from any source close to Johnson. He just said it was a "gut feeling". Finally later in the day the pushed him and he said "There is nothing better on earth than playing football. I can not imagine being able to just walk away from it." He then talked about how much he missed the game when he had to sit out 2 full seasons on suspension and most of another with a neck injury.

Adam really, really loves to play football, and in this aspect football is like every other job on earth. The guys that are doing it because they love it will work harder than the guys who do it for the money or because they are good at it.

I am usually in favor of giving a guy who has been in trouble a second chance. There have only been two Bengals who I guaranteed would get in trouble. Odell Thurman and Pacman Jones. Both of them just kept screwing up over and over and over again for years. But now Jones is actually considered a veteran leader on this team. He is a film junkie and makes a lot of plays with his brains.

I really wish we could re-sign him.
Reply/Quote
I just hope people are able to see who he really is now. A guy that plays with a lot of fire/emotion/heart on the field and not a "thug". Sure he let's it get the best of him sometime, it happens. He came across really well on the interviews I saw and I wish him the best of luck anywhere outside the North.

If we can't keep him.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 08:10 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I just hope people are able to see who he really is now. A guy that plays with a lot of fire/emotion/heart on the field and not a "thug". Sure he let's it get the best of him sometime, it happens. He came across really well on the interviews I saw and I wish him the best of luck anywhere outside the North.

If we can't keep him.

But he really is a bit of a thug.  I don't like that about him.  But since he hasn't been arrested or suspended since he has been here I'll give him a pass.

As far as on the field he is only 5'9", so I think he has a bit of "little man syndrome".  What ever it is he plays with fire.  Just sometimes too much fire.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2016, 08:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But he really is a bit of a thug.  I don't like that about him.  But since he hasn't been arrested or suspended since he has been here I'll give him a pass.

As far as on the field he is only 5'9", so I think he has a bit of "little man syndrome".  What ever it is he plays with fire.  Just sometimes too much fire.

"Jones was born in AtlantaGeorgia, and raised by his mother, Deborah Jones, and his grandmother, Christine Jones. His father was killed in a robbery in 1991 at the age of 26" - wiki
Sadly I read this too much when it come to young black football players. It's not a excuse to become a "thug" because some are able to overcome it. But Atlanta hoods aren't friendly. And "little man syndrome"  (which i agree with) in those situations probably isn't very nice either. The only thing that matters is it appears he has grown up a bit over the last few years off the field.

Reply/Quote
He also said something to the effect of "everyone knows where I want to be." He seemed to well up a little. Really hoping we get Pac back. Pure competitor. Like a fighter who fights for finishes not to out round someone. Love me some Pac.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I just really hope we can re-sign Pacman. He has been barely making any money the past few years and is always putting in the work.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Think there is way more important players to re-sign.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We will miss him more than we think if he goes somewhere else. Talent can be replaced but heart cannot. Dude is a beast on the field. I will be very disappointed if we let him go. He deserves a decent, fair deal from the organization.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:44 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: We will miss him more than we think if he goes somewhere else. Talent can be replaced but heart cannot. Dude is a beast on the field. I will be very disappointed if we let him go. He deserves a decent, fair deal from the organization.

I hope Adam and the Bengals find a way too continue this journey.
Reply/Quote
I hope we resign him. I hope the team realizes that the $15M ceiling they placed on free agent spending is unrealistic.

Reply/Quote
Bring back Pac! Bring back Pac! Bring back Pac!
Reply/Quote