Poll: What do you think?
Love it!
Don't love it!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agency and Draft Scenario
This is just my thoughts on what I would like to see... Let me know your thoughts.

FA re-sign: Kirkpatrick, Burkhead

FA losses: Zeitler, Jones (cut), LaFell, Maualuga (cut), Peko (cut)
While losing Zeitler will be tough to deal with, I believe it is the right choice here. If we re-sign Whit and move him to guard while we groom a young guy, we essentially sure up the position long term. Jones pulled a Pac Man and is getting older… we should cut our ties and save the money. LaFell produced at the end of the year, but isn’t the answer on the other side of the formation from Green. Maualuga may have played his last game for the Bengals, and that wouldn’t upset me.
The Bengals would have nearly 50 million in cap space going into free agency and the draft. And this is the year they make a small splash.

FA adds: Alshon Jeffery (4 yrs/44 mil), Johnathan Hankins (4 yrs/18 mil)

This year we were able to see that this team has a number of holes. With needs at DE, LB, CB, WR to name a few. Because of these needs, I think we see the front office trade away one of the Bengals “luxury” assets… AJ McCarron. There are a number of teams that need a QB, however I think that AJ moves a little north to the shores of Lake Erie. AJ ends up a Brown. (I only selected a comp pick in Rd 4, we also have picks in 5, 6 and 7)
Bengals/Browns Trade

Bengals trade- AJ McCarron
Bengals receive- 2 round pick, 3 round pick

Browns trade- 2 round pick, 3 round pick
Browns get- AJ McCarron

Round 1- Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
Barnett is the RE that we need to replace MJ, and is the perfect pass rusher to pair with Dunlap. This pick is the perfect combination of BPA and need. You can’t really go wrong with this pick.

Round 2- Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan
Peppers slide ends here. Between his injury and the fact that he does not have a “position” that he fits perfectly into… he fell a little. With 2-3 safeties currently rated higher than him, this is a realistic landing spot.
Round 2- Forrest Lamp, G, Western Kentucky
The heir apparent to the throne of RG in a year or 2. Lamp is the perfect player for Whit to mentor. Lamp played T in college, but is a prototypical size for G in the NFL.

Round 3- Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State
McMillan is the perfect ILB in the modern NFL. He has the ability to stuff the run, but also the skills needed to match up with a TE in pass coverage.
Round 3- Pat Elflein, C/G, Ohio State
Bodine isn’t cutting it. Elflein gives us the type of quality center we need, with the versatility to play guard in a pinch. His stock has dropped a little in recent weeks. Scouts are concerned with his size and length.

Round 4- Taylor Moton, OT/G, Western Michigan
Moton is a lesser known talent, but a talent. He has the versatility to play G or T, and the strength/footwork to play well in both the run and pass games.

Round 4- Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
Needed depth at CB. After cutting Jones, and the lack of proven talent on the roster this pick is needed. Awuzie impressed for the Buffaloes this year.

Round 5- Eddie Vanderdoes, DT, UCLA
A stout run defender to replace the likes of Peko and Sims. Some much needed youth to pair with Atkins and Billings.

Round 6- James Conner, RB, Pittsburgh
Conner is a great story. He is a larger back, possesses great power and has adequate hands to contribute in the passing game. Don’t expect him to contribute right away. But, in a year he could be the answer at RB.

Round 7- Keionta Davis, DE, UT-Chattanooga
Davis is a bit of an unknown to most of the world. However, he has been one of the most consistent pass rushers in college football the last 2 seasons. This year he totaled 10.5 sacks with 44 tackles, 11.5 tackles for a loss, seven passes batted and three forced fumbles. As a junior, 13.5 sacks, 39 tackles, 17 for a loss, six passes broken up, and a forced fumble… and a measly 4 forced fumbles his sophomore yea

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 12:33 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: This is just my thoughts on what I would like to see... Let me know your thoughts.

FA re-sign:  Kirkpatrick, Burkhead

FA losses: Zeitler, Jones (cut), LaFell, Maualuga (cut), Peko (cut)
While losing Zeitler will be tough to deal with, I believe it is the right choice here.  If we re-sign Whit and move him to guard while we groom a young guy, we essentially sure up the position long term.  Jones pulled a Pac Man and is getting older… we should cut our ties and save the money.  LaFell produced at the end of the year, but isn’t the answer on the other side of the formation from Green.  Maualuga may have played his last game for the Bengals, and that wouldn’t upset me.  
The Bengals would have nearly 50 million in cap space going into free agency and the draft.  And this is the year they make a small splash.

FA adds: Alshon Jeffery (4 yrs/44 mil), Johnathan Hankins (4 yrs/18 mil)

This year we were able to see that this team has a number of holes.  With needs at DE, LB, CB, WR to name a few.  Because of these needs, I think we see the front office trade away one of the Bengals “luxury” assets… AJ McCarron.  There are a number of teams that need a QB, however I think that AJ moves a little north to the shores of Lake Erie.  AJ ends up a Brown.  (I only selected a comp pick in Rd 4, we also have picks in 5, 6 and 7)
Bengals/Browns Trade

Bengals trade- AJ McCarron
Bengals receive- 2 round pick, 3 round pick

Browns trade- 2 round pick, 3 round pick
Browns get- AJ McCarron

Round 1- Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
Barnett is the RE that we need to replace MJ, and is the perfect pass rusher to pair with Dunlap.  This pick is the perfect combination of BPA and need.  You can’t really go wrong with this pick.

Round 2- Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan
Peppers slide ends here.  Between his injury and the fact that he does not have a “position” that he fits perfectly into… he fell a little. With 2-3 safeties currently rated higher than him, this is a realistic landing spot.
Round 2- Forrest Lamp, G, Western Kentucky
The heir apparent to the throne of RG in a year or 2.  Lamp is the perfect player for Whit to mentor.  Lamp played T in college, but is a prototypical size for G in the NFL.

Round 3- Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State
McMillan is the perfect ILB in the modern NFL.  He has the ability to stuff the run, but also the skills needed to match up with a TE in pass coverage.
Round 3- Pat Elflein, C/G, Ohio State
Bodine isn’t cutting it.  Elflein gives us the type of quality center we need, with the versatility to play guard in a pinch.  His stock has dropped a little in recent weeks.  Scouts are concerned with his size and length.

Round 4- Taylor Moton, OT/G, Western Michigan
Moton is a lesser known talent, but a talent.  He has the versatility to play G or T, and the strength/footwork to play well in both the run and pass games.

Round 4- Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
Needed depth at CB.  After cutting Jones, and the lack of proven talent on the roster this pick is needed. Awuzie impressed for the Buffaloes this year.

Round 5- Eddie Vanderdoes, DT, UCLA
A stout run defender to replace the likes of Peko and Sims.  Some much needed youth to pair with Atkins and Billings.

Round 6- James Conner, RB, Pittsburgh
Conner is a great story.  He is a larger back, possesses great power and has adequate hands to contribute in the passing game.  Don’t expect him to contribute right away.  But, in a year he could be the answer at RB.

Round 7- Keionta Davis, DE, UT-Chattanooga
Davis is a bit of an unknown to most of the world.  However, he has been one of the most consistent pass rushers in college football the last 2 seasons.  This year he totaled 10.5 sacks with 44 tackles, 11.5 tackles for a loss, seven passes batted and three forced fumbles.  As a junior, 13.5 sacks, 39 tackles, 17 for a loss, six passes broken up, and a forced fumble… and a measly 4 forced fumbles his sophomore yea
love it except would need to replace peppers with elflien. His arms are 33 1/4 so questions about length were answered. I prefer mike williams in the first but if we get alshon jeffrey, i would not complain one bit at all. I love jeffrey. 
Reply/Quote
It's pretty damn solid. I still think Westerman is going to be the guy at RG, but overall a lot of good players that fit needs as well.
Reply/Quote
Hate it - I prefer that mock offseasons are realistic. There's no way that we are signing 2 free agents to those type of deals.

I like your thinking, but it just isn't realistic.

Also, not sure what we woudl do with Peppers, he seems like another Shawn Williams type guy. IF we are going to lose Zeitler in your scenario, I'd rather take Feeney at that spot.
Reply/Quote