Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agency article
https://www.cincyjungle.com/analysis/2019/2/21/18225117/2019-bengals-free-agency-blueprint

Here's a recent article on Bengals free agency situation and it seems to make some sense.

I feel they almost have to get a LBer and an Olineman in free agency to have any BPA ability in the draft. And upper level starter quailty free agents at that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not a bad "blueprint", if you ask me. They address all of the major needs, and even take proposed changes into account, by envisioning Collins being added as LB/S.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 12:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not a bad "blueprint", if you ask me.  They address all of the major needs, and even take proposed changes into account, by envisioning Collins being added as LB/S.

Yep

Whoever the new DC is him and his staff need to take a good hard look at not only the LBer and secondary players but at how they work together, what the scheme is and who's a fit and who isn't ?

I wouldn't at all be surprised by some cuts and moving around on the back end. We have to get better in coverage, get off the field on 3rd down, create some turnovers and on and on.

We may be in for some pretty big changes ?
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 01:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

Whoever the new DC is him and his staff need to take a good hard look at not only the LBer and secondary players but at how they work together, what the scheme is and who's a fit and who isn't ?

I wouldn't at all be surprised by some cuts and moving around on the back end. We have to get better in coverage, get off the field on 3rd down, create some turnovers and on and on.

We may be in for some pretty big changes ?

I'm hoping for some serious changes, particularly on defense.  Seems like every year, for the past 3-4 years, there has always been offseason talk about doing some different things defensively.  Then come regular season, it's the same old 4-3 that can't cover a TE, and gets beat up the gut on short yardage plays.

I know they've talked about showing more 3-4 look, and going to some 3 Safety stuff in the past, but it never really seemed to make it to "prime time".  I wonder how much of that was Marvin, and him wanting to stick with what he knows, and being afraid of change?  

I guess that I'm most excited about the prospect of seriously going with some 3 Safety stuff.  Yeah, I know that we flirted with it some, about 5-6 years ago, but it never really took hold.  Could have been the personnel that they were trying to use as the key guy?  Anyway, bringing in a Landon Collins would show me a wholesale commitment to doing something different.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 12:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/analysis/2019/2/21/18225117/2019-bengals-free-agency-blueprint

Here's a recent article on Bengals free agency situation and it seems to make some sense.

I feel they almost have to get a LBer and an Olineman in free agency to have any BPA ability in the draft. And upper level starter quailty free agents at that.

It's a good plan I think. There really isn't anything in it that doesn't make sense. Of course, we don't know how the players feel about it.

Re-signing Boyd now would be a smart move. Also, and this doesn't affect the 2019 season, but the Bengals should exercise the 5th year option on Jackson.

Reply/Quote
It’s going to be interesting watching this team form before 1st PS game. We will get to learn a lot about this staff and their approach. Although,there’s nothing these guys will do perfectly that can please everyone, there will be some questionable picks and signings along the way. Even more exciting will be how said players are used in the new system. Under Marvin, we all just kinda knew. Under Zac, we don’t know? Can’t wait.

Reply/Quote
Quote:Can’t wait.
You have some other plan in place you'd like to share with the rest of us?  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Still, they should get Trent "freaking" Brown!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote