Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agency expectations?
Ravens fire first shot and trade for Calais Campbell.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals currently have $53.3 mill in cap space.
$18 mill would be eaten up by AJ Green franchise tag.
However, that basically would get offset by getting Dalton's salary off the books ($17.7 mill).
Remove ~$11 mill estimated for draft pool, and you're down to $42 mill.

That $42 mill obviously will get partially eaten up by internal guys, but it's probably safe to say they'll be able to put $15-25 mill toward outside FAs this year.

Getting rid of DK would add $8 mill to the cap this year and nearly $10 mill to the cap next year. Removing him would help if they had a guy in mind for FA (or Dennard).

With all of that said, I'd like them to get a couple above average starters via outside FA (Littleton and Thuney/Glasgow), but with how many holes they have, I'm expecting 4-5 mid-tier guys instead.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 09:52 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals currently have $53.3 mill in cap space.
$18 mill would be eaten up by AJ Green franchise tag.
However, that basically would get offset by getting Dalton's salary off the books ($17.7 mill).
Remove ~$11 mill estimated for draft pool, and you're down to $42 mill.

That $42 mill obviously will get partially eaten up by internal guys, but it's probably safe to say they'll be able to put $15-25 mill toward outside FAs this year.

Getting rid of DK would add $8 mill to the cap this year and nearly $10 mill to the cap next year. Removing him would help if they had a guy in mind for FA (or Dennard).

With all of that said, I'd like them to get a couple above average starters via outside FA (Littleton and Thuney/Glasgow), but with how many holes they have, I'm expecting 4-5 mid-tier guys instead.

The numbers I have seen are we will spend around $25 Million. The question is does that take into account Kirkpatrick getting cut if the right CB option is there. Littleton is heating up way outside our comfort zone from what I have read with Raider and Packers about to get into a massive bidding war. Kwitkowski from Chicago makes more sense as a mid tier LB option who can cover. I think along with that we end up with some sort of CB upgrade and potentially an O line move if the right one is there. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 10:05 AM)Au165 Wrote: The numbers I have seen are we will spend around $25 Million. The question is does that take into account Kirkpatrick getting cut if the right CB option is there. Littleton is heating up way outside our comfort zone from what I have read with Raider and Packers about to get into a massive bidding war. Kwitkowski from Chicago makes more sense as a mid tier LB option who can cover. I think along with that we end up with some sort of CB upgrade and potentially an O line move if the right one is there. 

I think it's right in the middle of what you two are saying. If they cut Dre, they'll most likely replace him with a more expensive version, and if adding a Kwitkowski to the mix as well, but his numbers are projected to be around 10 mil? Those two (CB, Kwitkowski) would darn near eat up all that money. Probably something like a starting CB and tier 2guy in the 7-8 mil range at LB if I had to guess, which would not be Kwitkowski. Then tier 2 or 3 guys to fill out the roster
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 10:05 AM)Au165 Wrote: The numbers I have seen are we will spend around $25 Million. The question is does that take into account Kirkpatrick getting cut if the right CB option is there. Littleton is heating up way outside our comfort zone from what I have read with Raider and Packers about to get into a massive bidding war. Kwitkowski from Chicago makes more sense as a mid tier LB option who can cover. I think along with that we end up with some sort of CB upgrade and potentially an O line move if the right one is there. 

I can definitely see that.
Someone like Kwiatkoski or Kirksey at LB, maybe Glasgow at LG, and someone like Brian Poole at CB (although maybe not Poole directly if they want someone taller playing outside CB).
I'd expect you could get all three of those guys for $25 mill.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 08:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is possible that we keep Dalton waiting for some team to lose a starter before the trade deadline in mid-season.

Everything is so fluid wityh QBs on the market or possibly on the market.  I have never seen so many starting QBs possibltychanging teams.

Want to make it clear that I am not saying this is a good idea.  I am just saying the Bengals might do it.

It is a gamble that might work out better in the long run because we could get a lot more for Dalton from a desperate team.  But at the same time it is crazy to pay a back up QB $17 mill.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 10:44 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I can definitely see that.
Someone like Kwiatkoski or Kirksey at LB, maybe Glasgow at LG, and someone like Brian Poole at CB.

Kirksey signed with Green Bay. I’m hoping for a Glasgow and Chris Harris or Logan Ryan pairing if we don’t go lb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 10:48 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Kirksey signed with Green Bay.  I’m hoping for a Glasgow and Chris Harris or Logan Ryan pairing if we don’t go lb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that's unfortunate.
Oh well.
Way to be aggressive, Bengals!  :andy:
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 10:44 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I can definitely see that.
Someone like Kwiatkoski or Kirksey at LB, maybe Glasgow at LG, and someone like Brian Poole at CB (although maybe not Poole directly if they want someone taller playing outside CB).

OverTheCap.com’s projected contract for Glasgow calls for a three-year deal worth $31.5 million total It would be a deal that includes $20 million guaranteed and worth $10.5 million per year. On a per-year average, Glasgow’s projected contract would be the 10th most among guards.

OverTheCap.com’s projected contract for Trae Williams 3 yrs, $25,254,039 Avg. Salary: $8,418,013.

OverTheCap.com’s projected contract for Kwiatkoski is 5.28 (which i find very hard to believe tbh).
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 12:11 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: OverTheCap.com’s projected contract for Kwiatkoski is 5.28 (which i find very hard to believe tbh).

He was a spot starter, I think negotiations will start at the 8 Kirksey just got and work up from there depending on number of suitors.
Reply/Quote
Thuney just got tagged so he's off the market, not that I ever thought we'd sign him.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping the Brown family is willing to overpay and sign a top quality free agent. I'll take any big name for any position that can be had.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 08:08 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Apparently he has inked with Houston

That's cool I was cooling on Roby anyways the more I studied up on him.

(03-16-2020, 08:08 AM)Au165 Wrote: Desmond Trufant just got cut by Atlanta,. He could be a higher tier option at CB to look at.

Nice thought.
Reply/Quote
If we sign Lb Nick n guard Glasgow this offseason will be a success. Two solid starters. It’s the Bengals the last off-season was the worst. Only get better now.
Reply/Quote
WhoDey2 Did I miss the start of FA? I thought it started on the 18th?? Why/How are these deals being made??
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Fml. Nick to the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
This team will never change....... Sad... Maybe the media is right...
Reply/Quote
As of this writing my targets are still available in Alec Ogletree, Trumain Johnson, and Paul Richardson. All of them were Cut so they won't count against are Comp picks for next draft( Which were looking at 3 to 4 picks next draft).
The big thing is what are we getting for Dalton is it a 2nd or a 4th that is a question?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 08:15 PM)Tony Wrote: This team will never change....... Sad... Maybe the media is right...

Yep
I hope they have a surprise or 2 for us but until then it looks iike same old, same old.
Meanwhile Browns sign a very good RT and Ravens D line gets even better with Brockers and Campbell. Balt has best record last year but got run over by Titans with Henry so what do they do? Go out and get two very good D lineman to try and prevent that from happening to them again.
Just seems like good teams aren’t afraid to get players to make their team even better while Bengals FO wait it out and go dumpster diving.
They need to try and change the perception. And do something significant before the draft.

Also looks like Clayton F will sign with Miami.
Reply/Quote
Ravens mean business...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/16/ravens-agree-to-terms-with-michael-brockers-on-three-year-deal/

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote