Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Free Agency
This year has been so exciting. The good news is this excitement will not be a 1 year wonder.
I bet Free Agents will be willing to take less money to play for this team.
That will be such a change from many of the years I have been following this team.

We will have a much much better Offensive Line next year even without the draft.
Reply/Quote
Very few FAs will take significantly less unless they’ve already banked a lot of money.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 06:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Very few FAs will take significantly less unless they’ve already banked a lot of money.

I am not saying they will take a significant cut but they will take less. That will be a big difference compared to the years we had to overpay.
Reply/Quote
I don't think they take less. But if it comes down to us versus a lot of other teams on equal terms there's a good chance Joey B is the determining factor.
Reply/Quote
With the exception of Waynes, the Bengals have signed and gotten great value in free agency. They had to over pay to get Waynes here and they did. IMO being a free agent destination means we no longer have to over pay players to get them to come or stay in Cincy. It also means you win out on similar offers from other teams….Kevin Z last season. Free agency has changed for the Bengals and it’s very exciting!
Reply/Quote