Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agent Offensive Linemen as of August 7
According to NFLTradeRumors.com the following offensive linemen are currently free agents as of Saturday, August 7:

Russell Okung
Mitchell Schwartz
Rick Wagner
David DeCastro
Austin Reiter
Demar Dotson
DJ Fluker
Joe Dahl
Nick Easton
Kelechi Osemele

With the possible exception of the injured DeCastro I think the Bengals need to at least bring some of these players in for a workout. I’m seriously concerned about the lack of offensive line depth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
well they brought in Reiter and decided to pass I assume. I would feel much better if we had another proven vet swing Tackle on the roster before game 1.
Reply/Quote
Schwartz, DeCastro, Reiter, and Fluker are injured and Wagner is retiring.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 09:32 PM)Synric Wrote: Schwartz, DeCastro, Reiter, and Fluker are injured and Wagner is retiring.

Take them off the list.

Would be all for Okung, Osemele, Dotson, Fluker, Dahl or Easton.

We need depth for sure.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 02:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Take them off the list.

We need depth for sure.

Veteran help is sorely needed too.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 08:00 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: According to NFLTradeRumors.com the following offensive linemen are currently free agents as of Saturday, August 7:

Russell Okung
Mitchell Schwartz
Rick Wagner
David DeCastro
Austin Reiter
Demar Dotson
DJ Fluker
Joe Dahl
Nick Easton
Kelechi Osemele

With the possible exception of the injured DeCastro I think the Bengals need to at least bring some of these players in for a workout.  I’m seriously concerned about the lack of offensive line depth.

how many of these can pass a physical today?
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 02:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Take them off the list.

We need depth for sure.

Easton is not good we have a bunch of Eastons on the team they need a good player. Sign Fluker to play guard who can also play Right Tackle as well. also having Carman be ur back up swing tackle and possible guard option is still there for solid depth. Jonah Fluker Spain and Reiff are a good enough four imo to feel at least good going into week 1. Let hill Hopkins and price fight for the starting center spot. To me it’s that simple at this point. Bringing just 1 guy In who most importantly is a proven good football player can solve this offensive line issue. Signing him give us this starting 5
Jonah Williams/Jackson Carman, Fred Johnson
Quinten Spain/D’Ante Smith
Trey Hopkins/Billy Price/Trey Hill
DJ Fluker/Xavier Sua Filo/
Riley Reiff/DJ Fluker/ Jackson Carman

That above is a solid damn starting 5 and decent depth to go with. Smith is gonna be a good player In my opinion...Sua Filo is solid depth inside Carman a second round pick off the bench to help inside and outside is fine with me but he by no means is ready to start and he may not ever be that type of player he may be a career swing guy but point is I can go into the season breathing much easier for burrow and this football team if we could just sack up and bring in someone like Fluker or honestly Osemele. Go get a good offensive lineman and fix this
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 11:20 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Easton is not good we have a bunch of Eastons on the team they need a good player.  Sign kelechi to play guard having Carman be ur back up swing tackle and possible guard option.  Jonah kelechi Spain and Reiff  are a good enough four imo to feel at least good going into week 1.  Let hill Hopkins and price fight for the starting center spot.  To me it’s that simple at this point.

Price just gets pushed around. I don't know what has happened to him, he has just lost it man.

He doesn't even have the anchor that he had in college. I just don't understand how an OL can just lose all his gifts.

Hopkins is WAY better than Price, there is no fight there.

Would love to bring in Osemele.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 11:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Price just gets pushed around. I don't know what has happened to him, he has just lost it man.

He doesn't even have the anchor that he had in college. I just don't understand how an OL can just lose all his gifts.

Hopkins is WAY better than Price, there is no fight there.

Would love to bring in Osemele.

Lol I edited it to Fluker since he can player Right tackle as well but gimme Osemele or Fluker or both and I’m happy ass
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 11:37 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Lol I edited it to Fluker since he can player Right tackle as well but gimme Osemele or Fluker or both and I’m happy ass

Sounds good, they are also my two favorites of that group but I also like Okung if he is healthy and somewhat fit.

Same with Dotson as I liked him in college. Need to look at your edited post. Will check it out, not as much of a downer 
right now and this is the way we like you SFB.

It is the time of year to be somewhat positive until shit hits the fan for real. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 11:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Price just gets pushed around. I don't know what has happened to him, he has just lost it man.

Billy Price came to Cincinnati and all his natural ability and all he learned at OSU were coached out of him. Along with an injury in his first season, Price has never fulfilled his massive potential. However, before his injury early in the 2018 season, he played much better and the Bengals started 4-1. Billy Price had “it” but lost “it.”
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 08:40 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Billy Price came to Cincinnati and all his natural ability and all he learned at OSU were coached out of him.  Along with an injury in his first season, Price has never fulfilled his massive potential. However, before his injury early in the 2018 season, he played much better and the Bengals started 4-1. Billy Price had “it” but lost “it.”

damn wasnt pollack his coach when he was drafted?
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 11:37 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Lol I edited it to Fluker since he can player Right tackle as well but gimme Osemele or Fluker or both and I’m happy ass

Even though Fluker was just released with an injury settlement and cannot play?
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 10:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Even though Fluker was just released with an injury settlement and cannot play?

Did not know that..... back to Osemele.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 11:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds good, they are also my two favorites of that group but I also like Okung if he is healthy and somewhat fit.

Same with Dotson as I liked him in college. Need to look at your edited post. Will check it out, not as much of a downer 
right now and this is the way we like you SFB.

It is the time of year to be somewhat positive until shit hits the fan for real. ThumbsUp

Those are the other two I’d take as well okung and Dotson. There was a time when Dotson was damn good
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 08:40 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Billy Price came to Cincinnati and all his natural ability and all he learned at OSU were coached out of him.  Along with an injury in his first season, Price has never fulfilled his massive potential. However, before his injury early in the 2018 season, he played much better and the Bengals started 4-1. Billy Price had “it” but lost “it.”

Yeah, sucks, liked the pick originally but dude just cannot block to save his life.

(08-10-2021, 09:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: damn wasnt pollack his coach when he was drafted?

Yes he was. Maybe Pollack can help him get it back but Price sure looked like crap in the last TC vid I watched.

(08-10-2021, 10:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Even though Fluker was just released with an injury settlement and cannot play?

Didn't know that. Take Fluker off the list.

(08-10-2021, 10:23 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Those are the other two I’d take as well okung and Dotson.  There was a time when Dotson was damn good

Would love one of these guys. This is what we need desperately for our depth.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 11:20 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Easton is not good we have a bunch of Eastons on the team 

Kind of how I feel as well.  He was actually a good player when he was with the Vikings a couple of years ago.  I believe he has battled injuries since then.   We brought him in for a visit a few months ago during free agency.   He would basically be "another guy" unless he were able to get back to his pre-injury level which was I believe back in 2017ish.  
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 08:40 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Billy Price came to Cincinnati and all his natural ability and all he learned at OSU were coached out of him. Along with an injury in his first season, Price has never fulfilled his massive potential. However, before his injury early in the 2018 season, he played much better and the Bengals started 4-1. Billy Price had “it” but lost “it.”

I don’t think price was ever good. Just a completely terrible scouting example by under staffed personnel department. Price is one of the worst lineman ever to play for Bengals and that is a very low bar

The lack of attention to the o line represents gross negligence including over drafting Carman
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2021, 03:49 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I don’t think price was ever good. Just a completely terrible scouting example by under staffed personnel department. Price is one of the worst lineman ever to play for Bengals and that is a very low bar

The lack of attention to the o line represents gross negligence including over drafting Carman

Everybody talking down Jackson Carman doesn't know shit. You never watched him play in college.

I am getting fed up with it honestly. He was a lock down LT that shut down the likes of Chase Young and won Championships 
protecting Trevor Lawrence. It will take time for him to make the transition from the left side to the right side and play Guard.

Same as it would with Sewell who sucked yesterday in his first preseason game.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2021, 03:49 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I don’t think price was ever good. Just a completely terrible scouting example by under staffed personnel department. Price is one of the worst lineman ever to play for Bengals and that is a very low bar

As if the Bengals were the only team to have him ranked where he was....... Ninja
Reply/Quote