Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agent visits
Since we aren’t signing anyone, visits are the only news.

Per Ian Rapoport, Bills G John Miller is visiting today. He’s 25 out of Louisville and was the starter last season

Edit to add

Also visiting Denver LB Shaq Barrett..26. From Colorado State. Was undrafted

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I could get behind signing him.

64.3 PFF grade which was the #25 Guard.

Not great, but he's an upgrade which is what we need.

Redmond was 56.4 which was the #53 Guard.

Going from the 53rd best Guard to the 25th is a HUGE upgrade.
Reply/Quote
The guy has only had one false start in 47 games. Sounds like an upgrade, to me..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 09:39 AM)pally Wrote: Since we aren’t signing anyone, visits are the only news.

Per Ian Rapoport, Bills G John Miller is visiting today.  He’s 25 out of Louisville and was the starter last season

Edit to add

Also visiting Denver LB Shaq Barrett..26. From Colorado State.  Was undrafted

Shaq Barrett rated 75.9 but had no ranking because he played too few snaps.

Could be an under the radar guy.

Kind of interesting though as he seems like a Carl Lawson clone, except he can stop the run.

PFF has him listed as one of the Best Low Budget Options:
[b]EDGE Shaquil Barrett[/b]

The former UDFA has never put up big sack totals, but he’s consistently been able to affect the run and pass at an above-average level. He’s earned run-defense and pass-rushing grades over 70.0 every single season of his career. Even when top-five pick Bradley Chubb took his job, Barrett still earned a 75.9 overall grade on 276 snaps this past year.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-best-low-budget-options-available-in-free-agency
Reply/Quote
Would be an upgrade over Redmond so this would be a solid signing. Also, Shaq Barrett would be a good rotational rusher. We will see if anything gets done with any of these guys.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
yeah, this is a serviceable guy who gives you time to develop in the draft and also has the potential to get better.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Miller could be a Bobbie Williams level signing. See I could get behind this.
Reply/Quote
It's kind of weird how we sign ex-Bills and the Bills sign ex-Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:00 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Shaq Barrett rated 75.9 but had no ranking because he played too few snaps.

Kind of interesting though as he seems like a Carl Lawson clone, except he can stop the run.

The former UDFA has never put up big sack totals, but he’s consistently been able to affect the run and pass at an above-average level. He’s earned run-defense and pass-rushing grades over 70.0 every single season of his career. Even when top-five pick Bradley Chubb took his job, Barrett still earned a 75.9 overall grade on 276 snaps this past year.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-best-low-budget-options-available-in-free-agency

This is a sign they will be playing more 3-4 imo, either way, he's a quality starter.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:00 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Shaq Barrett rated 75.9 but had no ranking because he played too few snaps.

backup for Lawson?
Reply/Quote
John Miller would definitely be a quality signing.
Reply/Quote
I'd really like both. I could live with

Glenn
Boling
Price
Miller
Hart

Then you have Hopkins for depth and add a RT to develop by the 3rd and another mid round OL and I'm happy.

Shaq is interesting, we already have an array of reactions. Is he a starting SLB? Rotational rusher? Both? I think he would be both and I really like the versatility when you have Hubbard on one end and him on the other on passing downs.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:03 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's kind of weird how we sign ex-Bills and the Bills sign ex-Bengals.

Misery loves company.

Probably the 2 worst sports cities in the country.

Reply/Quote
A Miller signing would really make my perspective on this offseason a lot better.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:06 AM)Okeana Wrote: This is a sign they will be playing more 3-4 imo, either way, he's a quality starter.

Not sure if he'd start of be a rotational guy.

He is good against the run and Lawson isn't...so that could mean he gets more snaps.

I really like that he's a productive pass rusher.
Reply/Quote
Looking at guys from a worse pass defense then ours, and off the Bills O'line (one of the few that was worse than ours) isn't the answer. Reminds me of the Bills fanbase excited over Bodine signing. But we are clearly desperate as fans and will take anyone at this point.

None of this should bring hope.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:46 AM)jj22 Wrote: Looking at guys from a worse pass defense then ours, and off the Bills O'line (one of the few that was worse than ours) isn't the answer. Reminds me of the Bills fanbase excited over Bodine signing.  But we are clearly desperate as fans and will take anyone at this point.

None of this should bring hope.

Miller and Barrett are upgrades. We don't need to sign the biggest name free agents to win. We just need to minimize how many bad starters we have.

Miller is vastly better than Redmond.
Reply/Quote
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports free agent OG John Miller will visit the Bengals.
The Bengals re-signed Bobby Hart to play right tackle, but they still need help at right guard. That is the spot Miller manned for four years in Buffalo, although he never did it particularly well. Even so, Miller would be an upgrade on what Cincy had at the position last year.

Fwiw, per rotoworld. Sad that someone you never did it particularly well is an upgrade. At least it’s an upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Miller automatically increases the football IQ on the oline.
how much miscommunication did we see on the oline last year?
Barrett would be a real good value signing.
hes fast and he can stay on RBs and TEs better than Nickerson and Evans
Reply/Quote
Miller isn't a big name and is a bad starter. So no value signing here. The Bills Oline was laughable the 4 years while he started, and he's a big reason why. They are in the same O'line boat as us. This must be paybacks for Bodine.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote