Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agents, Part Deux
(05-04-2021, 08:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I read through about 4 or 5 respectable scouting reports from people who are way more experienced than me, and all say the same thing - he lacks athleticism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of the stuff I've read on him says he has adequate agility, but not elite level.  TDN has been the only one I've seen characterize it as poor and pigeonhole him into a man blocking scheme.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 12:44 AM)Whatever Wrote: Most of the stuff I've read on him says he has adequate agility, but not elite level.  TDN has been the only one I've seen characterize it as poor and pigeonhole him into a man blocking scheme.

Hoard interviewed his college coach that claims he is very athletic and versatile.  Said he could play center or any line position. Seems to be an excellent project since he has the intangibles, especially length. 
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2021, 12:44 AM)Whatever Wrote: Most of the stuff I've read on him says he has adequate agility, but not elite level.  TDN has been the only one I've seen characterize it as poor and pigeonhole him into a man blocking scheme.

profootballnetwork scouting report - "His average-at-best agility may limit his potential at the next level."

SI scouting report - "Where Hill falls short is in his short-area quickness and vision. He can react late to blitzes and doesn't possess the athleticism to make up for the mistake quick enough."

nfl.com scouting report - "He's not a plus athlete, but moves better than expected for his size...Adequate athleticism for a big man getting into space."

WalterFootball scouting report - "Not a great athlete. Lacks elite quickness. Not a long puller. Not a great fit for a zone-blocking system."

These four and TDN are what I was referring to.
Combine that with his terrible RAS, and it strengthened my belief he wasn't a great fit for the Bengals' offense. I think he makes more sense for a mauling offense like Cleveland.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote