Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agents/Resigns for 2024
(01-21-2024, 03:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: First i believe your math is off it would be interesting 2 to 4 range over minimum if they give him 2 to 4 million.  As why give him anything more I see that argument but on flipside his performance warrants more plus who knows how Burrow is going do to in recovery,  I prefer a happy backup and rewarding him an extra 1 million to 2 million is not going to disrupt much. I actually would try to entice him with a 2 yr contract or maybe pay base with incentives,  Burrow track record is not great , hate to lose a quality backup

You disagreeing with me or anyone else simply proves we are correct.  What math am I wrong about?  We already have his rights for 2 years.

You dont understand how the NFL works, this was explained in an earlier post. 

You can disagree with facts all you want but these are true:

#1.  He is a ERFA - there is a set contracted amount.  If the Bengals want to extend him they could but that would be dumb, he has no choice but to sign with us at that pay rate and next year he will be a RFA, so it is unnecessary.

#2.  He will likely get a bonus from the league for his solid performance like Volson did.

#3.  Happy backup?  Bengals have his rights for a couple years, this is makes zero sense.  Not surprised.

#4.  We are not going to lose a quality backup, he cannot negotiate with other teams.  

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2024, 03:49 PM)pally Wrote: I said his MARKET rate was $4-6 million, not that is what I expect him to get from the Bengals.  I expect him to get a performance reward.  Giving him $2 million vs $1 million is not going to break the bank.  The Bengals do not always tender their ERFAs so this is an unusual situation.  With Joe's situation being uncertain let's not screw over his back up for minimal saving

I thought you were stating 4-6M, thats on me.  But, he is under contract for $900K, unless they are extended Im not sure why any team would pay over that amount?  

He will be a RFA next season and if teams still like him they can make him an offer and we have the right to match it.  We are not competing with anyone this year.  Giving away 1M for no reason this offseason does us no good if we are not going to match next years offer, assuming he is truly that valuable.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2024, 04:04 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You disagreeing with me or anyone else simply proves we are correct.  What math am I wrong about?  We already have his rights for 2 years.

You dont understand how the NFL works, this was explained in an earlier post. 

You can disagree with facts all you want but these are true:

#1.  He is a ERFA - there is a set contracted amount.  If the Bengals want to extend him they could but that would be dumb, he has no choice but to sign with us at that pay rate and next year he will be a RFA, so it is unnecessary.

#2.  He will likely get a bonus from the league for his solid performance like Volson did.

#3.  Happy backup?  Bengals have his rights for a couple years, this is makes zero sense.  Not surprised.

#4.  We are not going to lose a quality backup, he cannot negotiate with other teams.  

you are off on your math so sorry your facts are wrong but that is the norm.. lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2024, 06:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: you are off on your math so sorry your facts are wrong but that is the norm.. lol

Ok... 

What math is wrong and what facts are wrong?  

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2024, 06:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: you are off on your math so sorry your facts are wrong but that is the norm.. lol

(01-21-2024, 08:01 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Ok... 

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 07:39 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Ok just curious to see what we could do with our cap luxury this offseason, and what would you do to address our areas of need:

Cap Casulties:
1) Nick Scott- just a liability in our defense 2.3 million savings

Re-Signs: ( all will be inexpensive except for TEE)

1) Jake Browning
2) Cal Adomitis
3) Tanner Hudson
4) Drew Sample
5) Cody Ford
6) ADG
7) Markus Bailey
8) Trent Irwin
9) Tee Higgins- Franchise tag

Outside Free Agents:

1) Noah Fant TE-(Seattle)- I'm sold I think he could really open up the middle of the field.
2) Trent Brown-RT- (NE)- I think he would be a solid 1-2 year guy for the RT spot to groom a draft pick.
3) Eli Apple-CB (Miami)- knows the system, solid vet to add to the secondary.
4) Taylor Rapp-S (Buffalo)- vet. who would fill a solid backup/ST role

Draft- rds (1-4)

1) Rome Odunze-WR (Washington) 6'3 215, will take over for TEE in 2025, elite X receiver.
2) Byron Murphy-DT- (Texas) 6'1 310 IDL, can stuff the run/ rush the passer.
3) Tyler Guyton-RT (Oklahoma) 6'7 330 built for RT, can ease in behind Brown.
4) Cam Hart- CB-(ND) 6'2 202, will replace Awozie as the depth piece
Rather have Onwenu to play RT. No thanks on Eli. I'm cool  with Rapp tho. I love Odunze but ne won't be there. I love Troy Franklin from Oregon 6'3 190 4.3 speed and can run routes.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 09:03 PM)pulses Wrote: Rather have Onwenu to play RT. No thanks on Eli. I'm cool  with Rapp tho. I love Odunze but ne won't be there. I love Troy Franklin from Oregon 6'3 190 4.3 speed and can run routes.

Brian Thomas Jr will likely be available at 18 for those interested in a WR.  A much more athletic and faster Tee Higgins.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 11:58 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Brian Thomas Jr will likely be available at 18 for those interested in a WR.  A much more athletic and faster Tee Higgins.

Rather have Franklin he can run all the routes. Mostly what I see from Thomas was go routes. Overall Franklin is better and faster IMO.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 03:50 AM)pulses Wrote: Rather have Franklin he can run all the routes. Mostly what I see from Thomas was go routes. Overall Franklin is better and faster IMO.

I like Franklin as well.  He is listed lower than Thomas likely due to his size before the season, 6-3 but only 170 pounds.  I have seen other listings having him over 185 now.  Thomas is 6'4, 205.  I do think Franklin is more polished.  Either would be nice.  

That said Andre Perrotta made a case for extending Tee:

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 12:58 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I like Franklin as well.  He is listed lower than Thomas likely due to his size before the season, 6-3 but only 170 pounds.  I have seen other listings having him over 185 now.  Thomas is 6'4, 205.  I do think Franklin is more polished.  Either would be nice.  

That said Andre Perrotta made a case for extending Tee:

No one doubts the Bengals could sign Tee, the question has always been do they want to devote ~23 million of cap space on top of the rising cap numbers for Joe Burrow and the upcoming cap for Chase.  That is a lot of cap space being taken up by 3 players when we have other positions on the team we need to take care of too.  Yes, they could do it but does it make sense with other needs.

...and then you have to hope Tee can stay healthy instead of pulling his hamstring once again even if you do sign him.
Reply/Quote