Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agents that still make sense, for the Bengals
I found a list of “top 100 FAs” that are still available, and based on (mostly) depth, feel like these players could help contribute to helping the bengals reach the SB again. Admittedly, it has a lot to do to try and overcome the loss of Larry O. I am sure there are others out there, and this list is not “all inclusive”. I just out this out here after listening to Mo Egger yesterday saying that there is likely a big contributor for the Bengals this year, but yet to be on the team.

DE Trey Flowers - Flowers was unable to stay healthy the last two seasons, but he'll only be 29 years old this fall and had a PFF grade over 80 in every season between 2017-2020, making him one of the most consistent defensive linemen in football. He should still have good football left in him in the right scheme.

C JC Tretter - The stalwart center barely practiced all season because of knee and ankle injuries, but you wouldn’t have known it after he logged 1,000-plus quality snaps for the fifth straight year (per PFF). He’s unquestionably still an above-average starter, which is not easy to find.

WR Will Fuller - Fuller missed time in 2021 due to a PED suspension, a personal issue and a broken finger. It’s safe to say there are red flags, but the man sure can run fast!

DT Sheldon Richardson - Seems like no one has been on more of our Top 101 lists over the years than Richardson, who still delivers professional snaps on a year-to-year basis. Well, unless it’s this next guy …

DT Ndamukong Suh - Suh, who was absolutely the Bucs' best defensive player in their playoff loss to the Rams. He still shows up in big moments.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 09:29 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I found a list of “top 100 FAs” that are still available, and based on (mostly) depth, feel like these players could help contribute to helping the bengals reach the SB again.  Admittedly, it has a lot to do to try and overcome the loss of Larry O.  I am sure there are others out there, and this list is not “all inclusive”.  I just out this out here after listening to Mo Egger yesterday saying that there is likely a big contributor for the Bengals this year, but yet to be on the team.

DE Trey Flowers - Flowers was unable to stay healthy the last two seasons, but he'll only be 29 years old this fall and had a PFF grade over 80 in every season between 2017-2020, making him one of the most consistent defensive linemen in football. He should still have good football left in him in the right scheme.

C JC Tretter - The stalwart center barely practiced all season because of knee and ankle injuries, but you wouldn’t have known it after he logged 1,000-plus quality snaps for the fifth straight year (per PFF). He’s unquestionably still an above-average starter, which is not easy to find.

WR Will Fuller - Fuller missed time in 2021 due to a PED suspension, a personal issue and a broken finger. It’s safe to say there are red flags, but the man sure can run fast!

DT Sheldon Richardson - Seems like no one has been on more of our Top 101 lists over the years than Richardson, who still delivers professional snaps on a year-to-year basis. Well, unless it’s this next guy …

DT Ndamukong Suh - Suh, who was absolutely the Bucs' best defensive player in their playoff loss to the Rams. He still shows up in big moments.
"Sue me"  for saying it but SUH is intriguing....HIm next to DJ sounds like a reinforced 24 " thick Concrete WALL
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 10:12 AM)kalibengal Wrote: "Sue me"  for saying it but SUH is intriguing....HIm next to DJ sounds like a reinforced 24 " thick Concrete WALL

I like the idea of Suh on a 1 year deal myself. He isn’t what he was 5 years ago, but the guy can still play, and get to The QB.

I also think flowers could make sense. We do have Ossai coming this year, but Hendrickson was gassed in the playoffs last year, and some extra depth wouldn’t hurt there.
Reply/Quote
For me:

1) Trey Flowers-DE

2) Ndakamong Suh-DL

3) Cole Beasley-WR

4) Pierre Desir-CB
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 10:19 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: For me:

1) Trey Flowers-DE

2) Ndakamong Suh-DL

3) Cole Beasley-WR

4) Pierre Desir-CB

Seems like some consistency is building around the DL and WR positions (obviously).
Reply/Quote
Stompy boy named Suh
TY Hilton
Oday Oboushi
Quinton Spain
Reiff or Hopkins if the price is right
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 10:12 AM)kalibengal Wrote: "Sue me"  for saying it but SUH is intriguing....HIm next to DJ sounds like a reinforced 24 " thick Concrete WALL

I think Deshawn would accept a 1 year suspension if we sign Suh to a 1 year deal
Reply/Quote

Would be for it as well. Would rather have him on my team than somebody elses, he is that type of player lol

Also like the End thought in Flowers, good competition at the very least for the young guys and insurance.
Reply/Quote
I'm definitely interested in Fuller, but I doubt it'll happen. I don't think he plays ST at all and WR4 has to play ST.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I’d love to see another WR brought in who we know can play like Hilton, Fuller, Julio, Sanders, etc. there are a lot of WR’s out there who can still contribute if they will come cheaper and be ok with a WR4 role. I think a lot of these guys got pushed to the side when WR contracts went crazy this offseason and there was a lot of WR depth in the draft. Now they will need to come cheap or get left out in the cold. This would be my #1 target in FA at this stage. We have no depth outside of our starting 3, there’s a ton of guys left available, and the longer the offseason goes the more realistic their demands should be.

O line would be my #2 target. I’d prefer to bring Spain back as a backup for less than $2 mil. Tretter would be nice too and really give us options with Karras if needed since he can play C/G if we have an injury or Carman plays poorly. Or a tackle like Reiff, Williams, Brown, etc. if they are ok as backups. All would be terrific insurance policies. I think we should absolutely hit #1 and #2 on my list. I’d be very happy at that point.

Edge would be #3 for me. Would have to be someone with legit pass rush. Flowers or JPP (didn’t watch much of him last year to know what is up but he’s been good prior to that). If not, roll with what we’ve got even though I wanted it addressed in the offseason. Not a whole lot out there that can help us at this point. Target a pass rusher in the draft next year.

I don’t think we bring in another DT after using a 3rd on Carter and already having Hill, Reader, Tupou and Shelvin. That’s 5 guys they like and they can rotate DE’s down on passing plays if needed, especially if Ossai plays well and can take a lot of snaps on the edge rushing the passer. That said, Suh and Richardson are both intriguing. Maybe in season add if injuries occur.
Reply/Quote
I think Odell would work here at WR and Malik Jackson as a backup 3T would be nice!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 10:16 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’d love to see another WR brought in who we know can play like Hilton, Fuller, Julio, Sanders, etc. there are a lot of WR’s out there who can still contribute if they will come cheaper and be ok with a WR4 role. I think a lot of these guys got pushed to the side when WR contracts went crazy this offseason and there was a lot of WR depth in the draft. Now they will need to come cheap or get left out in the cold. This would be my #1 target in FA at this stage. We have no depth outside of our starting 3, there’s a ton of guys left available, and the longer the offseason goes the more realistic their demands should be.

O line would be my #2 target. I’d prefer to bring Spain back as a backup for less than $2 mil. Tretter would be nice too and really give us options with Karras if needed since he can play C/G if we have an injury or Carman plays poorly. Or a tackle like Reiff, Williams, Brown, etc. if they are ok as backups. All would be terrific insurance policies. I think we should absolutely hit #1 and #2 on my list. I’d be very happy at that point.

Edge would be #3 for me. Would have to be someone with legit pass rush. Flowers or JPP (didn’t watch much of him last year to know what is up but he’s been good prior to that). If not, roll with what we’ve got even though I wanted it addressed in the offseason. Not a whole lot out there that can help us at this point. Target a pass rusher in the draft next year.

I don’t think we bring in another DT after using a 3rd on Carter and already having Hill, Reader, Tupou and Shelvin. That’s 5 guys they like and they can rotate DE’s down on passing plays if needed, especially if Ossai plays well and can take a lot of snaps on the edge rushing the passer. That said, Suh and Richardson are both intriguing. Maybe in season add if injuries occur.

TY Hilton would be my preference of the WR's you mentioned if he still has his quicks. Damn smart route runner with 
great hands. Julio still might have something in the tank down at the schoolyard. Spain I would like if the FO decides to
bring him back, I just don't know if Pollack liked his effort on the last play of the SB. 

Could be the reason, it isn't his health as it is with Tretter. Could be his weight, could be his twitter fascination etc.

Plus I think we drafted Volson for his versatility and most importantly his effort. He plays hard till the whistle and never
lets up. Tretter has screwed up knees and doesn't even practice with the team he plays for anymore. 

Flowers or JPP make sense.

Honestly 3-tech behind BJ Hill is my biggest question on the team besides how Carman improves. Zach Carter was an 
End at Florida and he is making the move to 3-tech and we all saw how the Carman move to the right side went. 

Different sides of the ball and positions but you get my meaning. Any of the 3-tech's mentioned in this thread i would
be down with.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have questionable depth at TE.
If Hayden Hurst lands on the IR, then there
Are none, zero pass catching options behind him.
Id like to see Eric Ebron or Jared Cook,very
Proven red zone threats at TE.
I mean didnt this offense struggle in the red zone
Last year. ? All those big time splash plays
From the offense may see a,slight decline this year.
So you need to be more proficient near the goal line.
Sample and Wilcox do next to nothing in the passing
Game.
Reply/Quote
For the "WR4 needs to play ST" crowd...Bucs just signed Julio Jones to be their WR4.
He's never played more than 4% of ST snaps in a season.
A WR4 doesn't HAVE to play ST. The Bengals might just have to use a backup player at a different position to cover any ST duties.
Get a legit WR4 who could reasonably give the Bengals 500+ yards if a starter happens to go down for the season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
WR#4 May go to a PS there. Or do play on ST
Ready for Memorial Day!
Reply/Quote