Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Germaine Pratt
It's time to throw the rookie out there and play him.

Brown and Vigil were exposed against the 49ers. They lack speed. As your 2nd or 3rd best LB, they might be ok IF the #1 had a lot of speed, but they both can't play at the same time on a good defense.

Time to put Pratt and his speed in there. Plus, Pratt supposedly can cover.

We want to believe it is a New Dey...well it's time to play a rookie over a veteran that is underperforming.
Reply/Quote
Personally, I'd roll with Brown and Pratt. Brown has looked better than Vigil to me.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 12:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We want to believe it is a New Dey...well it's time to play a rookie over a veteran that is underperforming.

Wrong.  It is time to play the guy who gives us the best chance to win.

Brown has been a starter under 5 different NFL head coaches.  I have a feeling he is a better player than the "experts" around here claim.
Reply/Quote
It would have helped the linebackers last Sunday if the defensive line kept them clean and could set the edge.

The entire defense including the coaching staff got out schemed and out played so you can't put all the blame on one position group.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Free Germaine Pratt? Are you just giving him away to a good home?

Free Germaine Pratt! Mike Brown is holding him prisoner?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 12:19 PM)Synric Wrote: It would have helped the linebackers last Sunday if the defensive line kept them clean and could set the edge.

This. 

Yes, linebacker is a position of weakness on the Bengals, but our defensive line (a position of strength, supposedly) played horribly against SF. It won't matter who is at LB if our DL plays like that all season long.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Brown and Vigil have 7 Solo Tackles between them. Vigil has 2 solo Tackles this year.
Vigil is on pace for 16 solo tackles this year; last year in the first 5 games he was on pace 131 solo Tackles.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 12:19 PM)Synric Wrote: The entire defense including the coaching staff got out schemed and out played so you can't put all the blame on one position group.

Exactly.  When receivers are running wide open downfield in the secondary it is not because they are a step faster than LB.

If it was because of lack of talent at LB then the Seahawks would have blown us out also.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Germaine Pratt can be our defensive coordinator.

UPDATE: He was actually 8th choice for DC. So almost!
Reply/Quote
I thought Pratt looked bad during 49ers game but then again, I could have mixed Pratt up with the other 10 dudes out there.... Cry
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 01:29 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I thought Pratt looked bad during 49ers game but then again, I could have mixed Pratt up with the other 10 dudes out there.... Cry

Pratt did not make a single mistake on defense Sunday.

But he did not play a single snap on defense either.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 12:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's time to throw the rookie out there and play him.

Brown and Vigil were exposed against the 49ers. They lack speed. As your 2nd or 3rd best LB, they might be ok IF the #1 had a lot of speed, but they both can't play at the same time on a good defense.

Time to put Pratt and his speed in there. Plus, Pratt supposedly can cover.

We want to believe it is a New Dey...well it's time to play a rookie over a veteran that is underperforming.

Yep and let Darius play for Dre
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 02:03 PM)yang Wrote: Yep and let Darius play for Dre

don't think hes big enough to play OT
Reply/Quote
What happened this past Sunday with the LBs is what happens when you get flat-out outcoached and your LBs aren't speedy enough to recover.
Brown and Vigil have good instincts but if they are expecting a run up the middle and it ends up being a screen outside, those LBs aren't getting to the ball carrier.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote