Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Free Health Care for Illegal Immigrants in California
Do you agree illegal immigrants should get free health care in California while most legal citizens in Newsome run California have to pay for health care?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
A lot of my taxes have gone to kill people, so maybe paying to take care of people would give me a leg up in the eyes of Jesus. I'd accentuate the positive on this one, personally.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely.
Reply/Quote
They are eligible for Medi-cal under the exact same regulations, including income limits, as everyone else is. Paying for a doctor’s visit and prescription is far cheaper than paying for an ER trip.

IMO, no one in this country,, the richest country in the world, should lack healthcare

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 03:38 PM)pally Wrote: They are eligible for Medi-cal under the exact same regulations, including income limits, as everyone else is.  Paying for a doctor’s visit and prescription is far cheaper than paying for an ER trip.

IMO, no one in this country,, the richest country in the world, should lack healthcare

You refused to answer the question. Should someone here illegally (seeking asylum for economic reasons is not a valid reason to exclude them from deportation) get free health care over any citizen in California? 

Why wouldn't California spend the money for illegal immigrants on their own tax paying citizens? How many in the middle class could use free health care in California, but don't due to money being spent on those who illegally crossed the border to circumvent our citizen ship laws?

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 03:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You refused to answer the question. Should someone here illegally (seeking asylum for economic reasons is not a valid reason to exclude them from deportation) get free health care over any citizen in California? 

Why wouldn't California spend the money for illegal immigrants on their own tax paying citizens? How many in the middle class could use free health care in California, but don't due to money being spent on those who illegally crossed the border to circumvent our citizen ship laws?

How is California's proposal to give free healthcare to everyone regardless of immigration status "get[ting] free health care over any citizen in California"?
Reply/Quote
I believe everyone, regardless of immigrant status or citizenship status, should have access to accessible and affordable (preferably free) health care.

If there is a scenario in which an illegal immigrant could get free health care where a citizen cannot, I would not be outraged that the illegal immigrant has access to that healthcare. I would be outraged that the citizen does not.

With that said, I don't know exactly what you're talking about, as you provided no source. For all I know, it's just a cherry picked situation that Fox News referenced without context to rile people like you up.
Reply/Quote
I don't have an issue with them receiving basic health care. If you have thousands of people from foreign lands, wouldn't it be smart to check them over if they say they're sick ? It could prevent a possible outbreak from an unknown disease or virus.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 03:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You refused to answer the question. Should someone here illegally (seeking asylum for economic reasons is not a valid reason to exclude them from deportation) get free health care over any citizen in California? 

You didn't read my answer.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 04:27 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: How is California's proposal to give free healthcare to everyone regardless of immigration status "get[ting] free health care over any citizen in California"?

I am not sure how it can be any clearer. California picks who gets free health care, in doing so they are picking non citizens over legal citizens as not every class of legal US citizens get free health care.

If I were a tax payer in California, I would not be happy. One thing supporting US citizens in California and another illlegal immigrants.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 07:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am not sure how it can be any clearer. California picks who gets free health care, in doing so they are picking non citizens over legal citizens as not every class of legal US citizens get free health care.

If I were a tax payer in California, I would not be happy. One thing supporting US citizens in California and another illlegal immigrants.

Nately120 from age 13-22 or so would have been bitching up a storm about this, if that's any consolation.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 07:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am not sure how it can be any clearer. California picks who gets free health care, in doing so they are picking non citizens over legal citizens as not every class of legal US citizens get free health care.

They are expanding the coverage to all those who meet the current criteria, without taking immigration status into consideration. No citizen who would be eligible will no longer be eligible. As others have mentioned, there are very real benefits to a population having access to healthcare. Ones that outweigh the costs. 

But I agree with you, in principle. All people in the US should have access to healthcare. Hopefully this is a step towards universal healthcare in CA. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 09:34 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: But I agree with you, in principle. All people in the US should have access to healthcare. Hopefully this is a step towards universal healthcare in CA. 

Hey Americans, do you want free healthcare?

AMERICANS - NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, well how about we give free healthcare to illegals?

AMERICANS - What about us!?  Where is OUR free healthcare!?

Okay...do you want free healthcare?

AMERICANS - NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
So, here is a link to the topic from a California news source: https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/politics/california-expands-health-care-coverage-for-low-income-immigrants-in-2024/3391410/

I am in favor of the expansion, but this is not fiscally sound for California. California has a balanced budget requirement, which means the budget that is signed into law must be balanced, though it does allow the carryover of a deficit. A deficit of the size of this year's budget, though, is problematic.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote