Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Solo
Watched this movie the other night. It was about Alex Hannold, a guy who climbed El Capitan in Yosemite without ropes. El Capitan is a 3000 ft granite rock face that is considered one of the most daunting faces in the sport of climbing.....when you do it with climbing gear. Alex did it without. I was really surprised at just how interesting his story was. I was also surprised at how anxious I actually got when he attempted the climb.

He climbed it repeatedly with friends and climbing gear before attempting it free solo. And there were several spots along the route he chose that presented really tricky transitions. Spots where he kept falling when he climbed with gear. When he got to those areas during the free climb, I almost couldn't watch. The film crew was interviewed also and it was cool how they wondered if they would be filming him plummeting to his death. I recommend watching it, even if you don't have any interest in climbing.

[Image: AlexHonnold-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
So is Han still in prison?

Where can you watch this? Seems insane to be, but adrenaline junkies are like real junkies. They need more and more to get the thrill.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I watched it a couple nights ago.  Holy crap, my hands are still sweating watching that lunatic climb that mountain.  You can't be right in the head to think of doing something like that, let alone attempt it.  but the camera work was amazing. Some of the shots they took were crazy.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
i could do that.
Reply/Quote
Where can one watch this
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
One of the most intense things I’ve ever seen. Even having seen it in incredible hd, I still can’t believe it.
Reply/Quote