Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Style Final Draft
Not sticking to any draft simulator on this one.

1. Joe Burrow QB LSU One interesting stat that Sean Salisbury brought up that I didn't know but was amazed by. In 2019, Burrow threw 527 passes. Of that 527, only 40 were judged to be "uncatchable." 40 our of 527 were uncatchable. WTF? He threw 60 touchdowns and only 40 uncatchable balls. That's ridiculous.

2. Jalen Reagor WR TCU - most like Jamarr Chase of any of the WRs in this draft.He's a bit shorter 5'11" v 6'1"), but is also quicker, looks faster, and plays the back shoulder throw just as well. Seems to have a higher high point. This is a guy who could make Burrow feel really comfortable. Reagor, Green, and Boyd would be deadly. Add Ross and Tate and we've got a top 3 WR corps.

3. Akeem Davis-Gaither LB App State – with Pratt & Bynes, we're ok on the inside at LB this year. We need an outside guy with speed who can tackle. Davis-Gaither is that guy.

4. Saahdiq Charles OT LSU - at 6'4' 295 he needs to add some weight, but he's got the athleticism to be a very good OT in the NFL. He could also play guard, which would appeal to the Bengals alot.

5. Justin Strnad, LB Wake Forest – This guy's stock is rising. When I first started including him in my mocks, he was falling to the 6th round. More recently, I've seen him going in the 4th. If he's here, he gives us another talented OLB. Good (not great) speed, and a very solid tackler with high football IQ. All-ACC LB, I think for 2 years.

6. Cameron Clark Guard UNC-Charlotte Played left tackle for Charlotte, but translates better at guard in the NFL. A very physical player who will need some development, but at 6'5" 308, he's got the tools.

7. Jauan Jennings WR Tennessee Tough WR. He's never brought down at first contact. Doesn't offer tons of speed, but has solid ball skills. Tenacious is a good word to describe him.

That's 1 QB
2 OLBs
2WRs
and 2 Olinemen

At least 3 of them will be starters, maybe more.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
like almost all the players cept Reagor. Do not want Reagor near this team. Imo he’s a wasted high pick. He’s not a number 1 therefor he’s not a future replacement for AJ therefor we would have to go wide receiver again next year. Y draft a wide receiver at all let alone at our second pick when he’s not even gonna be a replacement for AJ green. Too many holes on this team to draft a guy like Reagor especially so damn high. Yikes
Reply/Quote
I like it overall....I might have gone with a player like Dugger over ADG and get a LB later, but I like it overall.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 11:40 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: like almost all the players cept Reagor.  Do not want Reagor near this team.  Imo he’s a wasted high pick.  He’s not a number 1 therefor he’s not a future replacement for AJ therefor we would have to go wide receiver again next year.  Y draft a wide receiver at all let alone at our second pick when he’s not even gonna be a replacement for AJ green.  Too many holes on this team to draft a guy like Reagor especially so damn high.  Yikes

Reagor is a beast in a draft class with tons of good receivers, he has some of the best ball tracking and contested high point wins in the class. It is easy to see you are an A.J. fan boy suffering that his run is almost over, hell we all are, but he is 32 and often injured right along with his buddy Ross. So two of your starting receivers spend more time at Cincinnati Childrens Hospital than they do at Paul Brown Stadium on game days!!

In this class, whether its Reagor, or another WR (I’d personally like Higgins or Claypool) it would be wise to get one early on in the draft to give Joe one of his weapons to start building rapport with. Without A.J. and Ross this WR corp sucks which should have been easily observable last year!
Reply/Quote
It's a really good draft. I haven't been on the "WR in the 2nd" club, but I could be quite content with that array of picks.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Reagor is this years Treadwell IMO.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 08:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's a really good draft.  I haven't been on the "WR in the 2nd" club, but I could be quite content with that array of picks.

Me either. I dont understand the panic everyone has to take one at 33. This is a deep WR class, and there's plenty of talent for each team to get a decent WR or two. I know there's a possibility of not having Green or Ross in 2021, but if we drafted a good guy in the 4th or 5th round that could at least provide himself as a serviceable guy along side Boyd, Tate, and Willis, we will be ok. 
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote