Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free agency reset after recent flurry
Reiff signed.

Hart and Geno released.

Biggest holes remaining in roster are OG, OG, #3WR.

"Smaller" holes at DT, DE/edge and OC.

We still have a lot of cap space I think if we were saving any large chunks for extensions (Bates, Hubbard) we probably would have held on to Geno until training camp to see how he recovered. But that is just pure speculation.

From the very beginning I said we would probably sign a WR in free agency, but not pay big money for a #1. However if Golliday would sign here I'd give him a chunk of change on a 1-year deal. I figure we will draft multiple WRs this year, but if we sign Golliday it would not have to be in the first two rounds.

I still hope we get Sewell at #5. Reiff is not the long term answer. If Andrew Whitworth could play OG his first years in the league then Sewell could also. But that means we still need to find another OG.

We also need a PK, but they are cheap. Same for punter where I assume we will re-sign Huber.

So my hope for the rest of free agency is WR, OC (maybe just one-year deal), OG, DT, DE/edge.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Reiff signed.

Hart and Geno released.

Biggest holes remaining in roster are OG, OG, #3WR.

"Smaller" holes at DT, DE/edge and OC.

We still have a lot of cap space  I think if we were saving any large chunks for extensions (Bates, Hubbard) we probably would have held on to Geno until training camp to see how he recovered.  But that is just pure speculation.

From the very beginning I said we would probably sign a WR in free agency, but not pay big money for a #1.  However if Golliday would sign here I'd give him a chunk of change on a 1-year deal.  I figure we will draft multiple WRs this year, but if we sign Golliday it would not have to be in the first two rounds.

I still hope we get Sewell at #5.  Reiff is not the long term answer.  If Andrew Whitworth could play OG his first years in the league then Sewell could also.  But that means we still need to find another OG.

We also need a PK, but they are cheap.  Same for punter where I assume we will re-sign Huber.

So my hope for the rest of free agency is WR, OC (maybe just one-year deal), OG, DT, DE/edge.
I would be really surprised if they don't sign another receiver, even if Golladay doesn't come to Cincinnati.  I wouldn't mind seeing them grab another rusher or rotational DL, either.  They need another edge guy.  Melvin Ingram would be interesting. Derek Wolfe might be a good addition to the interior, and wouldn't cost more than 3 or 4 mil per.
Reply/Quote
It is a much deeper offensive draft this year. The moves made in free agency allows flexibility at #5 depending on what happens between now and then

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
What about Ryan Kerrigan as a rotational guy on the D-line?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:37 PM)samhain Wrote: I would be really surprised if they don't sign another receiver, even if Golladay doesn't come to Cincinnati.  I wouldn't mind seeing them grab another rusher or rotational DL, either.  They need another edge guy.  Melvin Ingram would be interesting.  Derek Wolfe might be a good addition to the interior, and wouldn't cost more than 3 or 4 mil per.

He was such a force for several years, and last two years been dealing with some injury issues. If they can get him on a deal with a lot of incentives for playing time and production it would be a good addition.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Between last year and this year’s free agency, I’m hopeful I’m seeing a change in philosophy towards free agency. I like it. I wish I knew who is responsible to give them the credit they deserve.
Reply/Quote
There should be some great options to address OG in the draft. Wyatt Davis, Jackson Carman, Landon Dickerson, Creed Humphrey and Jaylen Mayfield could all be there. I like Carman. Not only is he local (Fairfield HS), but he's a freak athletically. Plop him at G for a few years and he could very likely transition to one of the tackle spots eventually.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:37 PM)samhain Wrote: I would be really surprised if they don't sign another receiver, even if Golladay doesn't come to Cincinnati.  I wouldn't mind seeing them grab another rusher or rotational DL, either.  They need another edge guy.  Melvin Ingram would be interesting.  Derek Wolfe might be a good addition to the interior, and wouldn't cost more than 3 or 4 mil per.

Wolfe resigned with Ravens
Reply/Quote

I read an article where they said JuJu would be good here- solid blocker and good receiver.  I wouldn't be mad at this.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:29 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: I read an article where they said JuJu would be good here- solid blocker and good receiver.  I wouldn't be mad at this.

Re-signied with Pittsburgh per NFL Network right now. 1yr/$8M.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:33 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Re-signied with Pittsburgh per NFL Network right now. 1yr/$8M.

SO I guessing he's not gonna sign here then.    Yawn

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
Does anyone know how much cap space is left? They still have other spots left to fill but I like the idea of adding another meaningful player at a position vs trying to spread it out over a few positions. OG would be my priority as we really only have 2 that I fully trust and maybe Hopkins
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:00 PM)CanadianBengal Wrote: Does anyone know how much cap space is left? They still have other spots left to fill but I like the idea of adding another meaningful player at a position vs trying to spread it out over a few positions. OG would be my priority as we really only have 2 that I fully trust and maybe Hopkins

I haven't seen any updated figures since this morning's transactions.  I'd like to add some interior OL help, too, but pickins are starting to get slim on that front.  You've got Reiter at OC (who prob will go back to KC) and Carpenter or Fluker at OG, then ????  Wonder if we could convince one of the older OTs to move inside?  Like an Okung or Massie?  Would like to grab at least one vet  
Reply/Quote
I do not know what we paid Reiff, but if we pay Golladay $12-$15 mil, play what we will spend on draft picks, we likely do not have much more $$ to sign FAs beyond some of our own guys (Huber, maybe Daniels & Bynes).
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:33 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Re-signied with Pittsburgh per NFL Network right now. 1yr/$8M.

8 Million?  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 02:47 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: SO I guessing he's not gonna sign here then.    Yawn

Just gonna be that much sweeter to see Vonn Bell lay him out again.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:32 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I do not know what we paid Reiff, but if we pay Golladay $12-$15 mil, play what we will spend on draft picks, we likely do not have much more $$ to sign FAs beyond some of our own guys (Huber, maybe Daniels & Bynes).

We have a need at WR, but I don't want to spend that kind of money on it.

I was thinking more like $6 to 8 million.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: 8 Million?  Hilarious

Yeah, that’s the floor for a Golladay contract. And Corey Davis’ contract is in the vicinity of the ceiling.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yeah, that’s the floor for a Golladay contract. And Corey Davis’ contract is in the vicinity of the ceiling.

I was referring to JuJu. 

So your saying that 8 mil be the floor for Golladay? 12.5 Mil for the ceiling? I could stomach 12.5 over the 18 he's asking.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 03:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was referring to JuJu. 

So your saying that 8 mil be the floor for Golladay? 12.5 Mil for the ceiling? I could stomach 12.5 over the 18 he's asking.

In my opinion, yes. He won’t take less than JuJu and probably wants more than Davis.

I don’t like the idea of a one year rental for a WR @ $12M. But, the Bengals just spent close to $18M for Green last season. So $12M for Golladay for one year ain’t so bad.

I would have preferred a long term deal with one of the better FA Olinemen, but . . .
Reply/Quote