Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freezer Bowl 40th anniversary
Has it thawed yet?

Were any board members at that game?

Hopefully after the upcoming weekend the Freezer Bowl will be the second most memorable playoff game in franchise history.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 01:37 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Has it thawed yet?

Were any board members at that game?

Hopefully after the upcoming weekend the Freezer Bowl will be the second most memorable playoff game in franchise history.

Every single member of this board was at the Freezer Bowl. 

That's rule 1 of remembering the Freezer Bowl. Even the ones who live in other countries. Even the ones who weren't born yet. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 01:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Every single member of this board was at the Freezer Bowl. 

That's rule 1 of remembering the Freezer Bowl. Even the ones who live in other countries. Even the ones who weren't born yet. Lol

Ha.  I was tempted to say that in the opening.  Riverfront had a capacity slightly under 60,000 if I recall correctly, but a half million people were there.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 01:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Every single member of this board was at the Freezer Bowl. 

Official attendance:  46,302
Claimed attendance: 463,020

I will freely admit I was not there.  We attended the Denver game two months earlier, but playoff tickets were well beyond the family budget.  I just remember walking to my Dad's that day to watch the game (he moved nearby after the divorce) and how both sunny and absolutely freezing it was.  And later how relieved I was that we wouldn't have to play Dallas in the Super Bowl  Mellow
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I was there, and the whole time wished I wasn't. Coldest I have ever been in my life.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 01:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I was there, and the whole time wished I wasn't. Coldest I have ever been in my life.

Where did you sit?  Were you at least in the sun?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
40 year anniversary, you say. I’m only 35. I was there.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 01:53 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Where did you sit?  Were you at least in the sun?

I don't remember any sun..... nor the section (it was about on the 30 yd line)., but it was nosebleeds. I didn't feel warm for a week it seems like, I was 22 years old at the time.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 01:41 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Ha.  I was tempted to say that in the opening.  Riverfront had a capacity slightly under 60,000 if I recall correctly, but a half million people were there.

Same half million people who were at Tom Browning's perfect game.   Hilarious

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote