Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday the 13th and the Knights Templar
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/05/160512-friday-13-knights-templar-superstition/

Who were the Knights Templar and whatever happened to them?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The Knights Templar were a group of warrior monks originally created to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land. Over time they grew, and became the fiercest fighting force in Outremer. Eventually they became very rich and very powerful as an organization. They only answered to the Pope. If I remember correctly, Philip of France owed them a great deal of money, and didn't want to repay it and probably wanted some of theirs so he labeled them as heretics, rounded up as many as he could and had them killed. He didn't get them all, but as an organization they were through.

Oh yeah, the ones in the Holy Land never bathed or washed their clothes.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 12:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The Knights Templar were a group of warrior monks originally created to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land.  Over time they grew, and became the fiercest fighting force in Outremer.  Eventually they became very rich and very powerful as an organization.  They only answered to the Pope.  If I remember correctly, Philip of France owed them a great deal of money, and didn't want to repay it and probably wanted some of theirs   so he labeled them as heretics, rounded up as many as he could and had them killed.  He didn't get them all, but as an organization they were through.

Oh yeah, the ones in the Holy Land never bathed or washed their clothes.

It is believed that one of the groups fled to the safety of the Alps, where they established the Swiss banking system.  Ever notice the Swiss flag looks pretty much like that of the Templars?
Reply/Quote