Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friend Just Tested Positive For The Rona
Years ago, I presented at a high school in Cincinnati and then this girl added me on Facebook because we had "talked" after my presentation.

Then, she ended up going to Thomas More, where I graduated from, and we stayed friends and still "talked" some.

A few years go by and I'm presenting at the same high school where I met her and I roll into this girl on my way in and I recognize her as the first girl's pictures from everything she posted on Facebook.

I verbally say "you're Jen," just because it was easily for me to say clearly. She says yes and asked how I knew, so I explain that I knew her sister and I got a selfie with her.

Two minutes later, her sister texts me that Jen had text her asking about me and whatever.

Then, she adds me on Facebook and Snapchat and sends me all these Snaps while she's in school and I just laugh because this girl obviously had a crush on me, which she was 18 but I'm still not messing with anyone that young.

That makes her sister jealous, she her sister starts messaging me more, sending me pictures in just a towel and things like that.

Her sister graduates and goes to Thomas More University, the same as her sister, which is literally across the street from my place.

She keeps sending me snaps and things and now she's a few years in.

Tonight, I sent out a snap to everyone that follows me and she replies back smiling and laughing, so, me being me, I ask her what's going on.

She replies with they were testing everyone before they let them back on campus and she tested positive.

She's asymptomatic besides for a headache and she was a cheerleader so she's in shape and healthy, so she should be ok, but it still freaks me out.

If everyone could remember her in your prayers, I'd appreciate it!
Reply/Quote
Since when are you too good for 18 year old college girls?
Reply/Quote
Now, my friend that's a few years older than me just text me and says he has it.

He said he only got tested because he was meeting with an elderly client, so his work required it, but he feels fine.
Reply/Quote
She sent me a snap and either got re-tested or had a false-positive with the first one.

Either way, it's great news!
Reply/Quote
I tested positive last night. I was at the hotel yesterday getting my rest when it hit me.
Came on fast and hit me like a ton of bricks. My fever broke last night, and I'm feeling some better. It's still there, though, I still have lower back pain, lack of energy.
I'm going to take it easy though, I've heard of people overdoing it when they feel better and suffering a relapse of severe symptoms.

Very similar to the flu, but one thing that's different were the symptoms that came and went, almost randomly. Runny nose. Tightness in chest. Nausea.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 04:18 PM)SladeX Wrote: I tested positive last night. I was at the hotel yesterday getting my rest when it hit me.
Came on fast and hit me like a ton of bricks. My fever broke last night, and I'm feeling some better.  It's still there, though, I still have lower back pain, lack of energy.
I'm going to take it easy though, I've heard of people overdoing it when they feel better and suffering a relapse of severe symptoms.

Very similar to the flu, but one thing that's different were the symptoms that came and went, almost randomly. Runny nose. Tightness in chest. Nausea.

Said a prayer for you brother.  

The girl that cleans my place (she's also a good "friend") was cleaning today and we fooled around a bit and then, before she left, she told me to meet her at a small bar near me.  I thought about it because I'm getting so restless but then my family reminded me that it's not worth it.

I'm thinking about rolling down to a restaurant/bar in the Town Center where there's more space and not as crowded.

Take it easy and get better!
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 04:18 PM)SladeX Wrote: I tested positive last night. I was at the hotel yesterday getting my rest when it hit me.
Came on fast and hit me like a ton of bricks. My fever broke last night, and I'm feeling some better.  It's still there, though, I still have lower back pain, lack of energy.

I caught it at work around Thanksgiving.

There were 8 of us confirmed from that outbreak.  Unfortunately one of them passed in the early hours of Christmas day.

I never had a fever the entire time, and it was nothing like anything I have ever had before.  My cough was minor, and early on the fatigue was incredible.  I would sleep 12 hours overnight, then would need to nap every few hours throughout the day.  I had no appetite, and lost about 10 pounds through it all.  Smell and taste were never 100% lost, but were definitely impacted.  Lots of body aches.  When I tested positive, they came back into the room and re-checked my blood pressure.  When that was complete they said it was better than the first readings, which would have prevented me from being released to anywhere but an ER.  They stated it was really high and would need to get checked out after isolation, but it could be due to decongestant usage and not to take any (that didn't help the illness as I was pretty stuffed up early on.  In fact, I originally thought I had a sinus infection).  It is unknown if I developed high blood pressure during 2020, but I didn't have it at the beginning of the year.  My job does involve some strenuous work every few weeks, and only the week before my testing positive I had a very physical task without any odd side effects.  Since COVID I can't do much physical activity at all without my BP spiking through the roof, becoming out of breath and feeling my heart beat pounding in my ears.  I am on my third incarnation of medicines in as many weeks trying to find something that will work.  I'm learning about more and more people who have had pressure issues since COVID, and how it can impact the heart.  Unfortunately I think it was the culprit and I am going to be a long hauler with this problem.  I also find myself with a ton of mental lapses about what I was doing moments prior.  There are reports out there of Covid Fog in some people, and I'm hoping that is not the case for me.  But I'm alive, and that is the important part.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 07:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I caught it at work around Thanksgiving.

There were 8 of us confirmed from that outbreak.  Unfortunately one of them passed in the early hours of Christmas day.

I never had a fever the entire time, and it was nothing like anything I have ever had before.  My cough was minor, and early on the fatigue was incredible.  I would sleep 12 hours overnight, then would need to nap every few hours throughout the day.  I had no appetite, and lost about 10 pounds through it all.  Smell and taste were never 100% lost, but were definitely impacted.  Lots of body aches.  When I tested positive, they came back into the room and re-checked my blood pressure.  When that was complete they said it was better than the first readings, which would have prevented me from being released to anywhere but an ER.  They stated it was really high and would need to get checked out after isolation, but it could be due to decongestant usage and not to take any (that didn't help the illness as I was pretty stuffed up early on.  In fact, I originally thought I had a sinus infection).  It is unknown if I developed high blood pressure during 2020, but I didn't have it at the beginning of the year.  My job does involve some strenuous work every few weeks, and only the week before my testing positive I had a very physical task without any odd side effects.  Since COVID I can't do much physical activity at all without my BP spiking through the roof, becoming out of breath and feeling my heart beat pounding in my ears.  I am on my third incarnation of medicines in as many weeks trying to find something that will work.  I'm learning about more and more people who have had pressure issues since COVID, and how it can impact the heart.  Unfortunately I think it was the culprit and I am going to be a long hauler with this problem.  I also find myself with a ton of mental lapses about what I was doing moments prior.  There are reports out there of Covid Fog in some people, and I'm hoping that is not the case for me.  But I'm alive, and that is the important part.

That's definitely the most important part, but I'm sorry that you had to go through that at all.  I thought everything ended after two weeks, but you being on week 3 freaks me out.

Any idea how you caught it?  Did someone cough or sneeze on you?  Weird if everyone on your trip got it.

Every time I think about being more bold and leaving my place, I'll hear stories like that and it will keep me in check.

Last night, I rolled down to this place in the Town Center called the Taste of Belgium for like my second night out since everything started back in, what, March?  I kept my distance from everyone and it wasn't too crowded.  The only one who got near me was the bartender who was hitting on me HARDCORE!  lol

I was going to go back tonight and have a few drinks but, now that I think about it, I don't remember seeing any TVs and I need to watch the games.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 09:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's definitely the most important part, but I'm sorry that you had to go through that at all.  I thought everything ended after two weeks, but you being on week 3 freaks me out.

Any idea how you caught it?  Did someone cough or sneeze on you?  Weird if everyone on your trip got it.

Every time I think about being more bold and leaving my place, I'll hear stories like that and it will keep me in check.

Last night, I rolled down to this place in the Town Center called the Taste of Belgium for like my second night out since everything started back in, what, March?  I kept my distance from everyone and it wasn't too crowded.  The only one who got near me was the bartender who was hitting on me HARDCORE!  lol

I was going to go back tonight and have a few drinks but, now that I think about it, I don't remember seeing any TVs and I need to watch the games.

The 3 weeks is since they started treating the blood pressure issue, which as I said before is probably covid related.  My isolation was only 2 weeks.

As for how I got it, someone at work had to be asymptomatic.  The rule was you must wear a mask within 6 feet of anyone, but if you were out in an area by yourself it could be down (this has been changed to mandatory mask use at all times since our outbreak).  I was only willing to lower my mask when at a tremendous distance from others.  Clearly that was a poor choice as air movement can carry particles around.  That was also the only week that I elected to wear a gaiter instead of mask because it is more comfortable, so that might have played a part as well.  The medical facility treating my blood pressure actually prohibits entry wearing a gaiter because they are so porous.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 07:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I caught it at work around Thanksgiving.

Sorry to hear about the post covid problems. Hopefully you'll be on the mend soon. One of my grandsons teammates is back dressing out after experiencing heart problems back in March. 

So far I'm feeling better every day. But this afternoon I was real tired, and took a long nap. 
I have these symptoms that come and go: fatigue,  low grade fever, mild congestion, hints of nausea. Just enough to know it's still there. My back pain is much better. 
I'm taking it real easy. Feeding the dogs and birds is as strenuous as I plan to get anytime soon.

The intermittent symptoms that I've experienced throughout bother me. Never had that before. Flu either had a fever, or it broke and went away. Same with other symptoms. This is a weird illness...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 10:11 PM)SladeX Wrote: Sorry to hear about the post covid problems. Hopefully you'll be on the mend soon. One of my grandsons teammates is back dressing out after experiencing heart problems back in March. 

So far I'm feeling better every day. But this afternoon I was real tired, and took a long nap. 
I have these symptoms that come and go: fatigue,  low grade fever, mild congestion, hints of nausea. Just enough to know it's still there. My back pain is much better. 
I'm taking it real easy. Feeding the dogs and birds is as strenuous as I plan to get anytime soon.

The intermittent symptoms that I've experienced throughout bother me. Never had that before. Flu either had a fever, or it broke and went away. Same with other symptoms. This is a weird illness...

I came on to here to ask how you've been.  Thanks for the update and I'm glad you're doing ok!

Have any problems breathing or overall with your lungs?  My immune system is non-existent, so I'm worried about it regardless, but my lungs are so destroyed that that's the part that freaks me out the most.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 10:11 PM)SladeX Wrote: Sorry to hear about the post covid problems. Hopefully you'll be on the mend soon. One of my grandsons teammates is back dressing out after experiencing heart problems back in March. 

The intermittent stuff is very aggravating. You feel better and try to get some activity in only to feel like you hit a wall. Truly like nothing I ever had prior.
Reply/Quote
I'm endlessly fascinated by this virus. I have not gotten it, but the wife and kids all had it. I've personally known more than 20 people who have had it. 1 ended up in the hospital for 4 days on a respirator. Two of them had symptoms that dragged out for ~3 weeks. One of them had crazy leg pains associated (which I hadn't ever heard of related to this). And the rest were over it complete in 2-3 days and never had more than a mild fever and some aches for a night or two. It's just all over the map and impacts everyone so differently.

Add to that the fact that some people are in close contact - and sometimes for days - with people who have it and never get it themselves.

I suspect this is one that's researched for years and we find out some really interesting facts in about 5 years when they've completed studies and research. There has to be a really interesting genetic layer to all of it.

But most importantly, to all of you who have it... speedy and fully recovery!!
Reply/Quote